Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 2,551 to 2,564 of 2564
    It was confusing and a little messy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The most promised flop was Namdi. DRC didn't flop, he was pretty solid actually, better elsewhere though. I think we just bought the **** they were selling in Carroll, Fletcher, Williams, McKelvin. Maxwell was a huge bust though. Besides Namdi though, all these guys weren't heralded as #1 guys that the Eagles needed. They tried to sell us as them though.
    OOOHHHHHHHH MAN, I totally forgot about Namdi when writing my post, LMAO. HAhaha he was such a big bust, like wtf went wrong there. He was legit an all pro and literally sucked with us.

Yeah DRC was decent, would have liked to keep him. Never trusted maxwell, carrol, fletcher (ewwww) and williams, Mckelvin was also garbage. Shouldn't have been signed. Sometimes I hate this when coaches prefer guys they have coached before, I believe Mckelvin was just Jim Schwartz getting his way and it end up costing the eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    do we have any proof or conviction? not to my knowledge. How can the NFL have evidence that the police and investigators dont? As for the rest that is why i said some type of suspension was necessary, he needs to clean up his act but without any real proof or conviction i fail to see how 6 games is justified and i imagine it drops to 4.
    I don't know how the investigation went with the police but I do know how these things can go sometimes.. We do know that his girlfriend was "trying to ruin his career" for what he did. So, I think it's possible that this girl was trying to not only get Elliot in trouble with the nfl but also thrown in jail for a very long time. I think it's possible that she might have gotten greedy with how far she wanted to bury elliot. She might have fabricated some things with the police and with these investigations when the police find some things that were fabricated, a lot of times they throw out the remaining evidence as well as if to say "if some of it is fake, all of it must be fake". It's the main reason that oj Simpson wasn't convicted of murder, because some things were fabricated to make oj look bad. Now, the nfl doesn't necessarily go by that same policy that "some of it is fake, all of it is fake". They might have been presented with the same evidence and disregarded some and made a judgment call on the photos, videos, and text messages/phone calls that they reviewed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    OOOHHHHHHHH MAN, I totally forgot about Namdi when writing my post, LMAO. HAhaha he was such a big bust, like wtf went wrong there. He was legit an all pro and literally sucked with us.

Yeah DRC was decent, would have liked to keep him. Never trusted maxwell, carrol, fletcher (ewwww) and williams, Mckelvin was also garbage. Shouldn't have been signed. Sometimes I hate this when coaches prefer guys they have coached before, I believe Mckelvin was just Jim Schwartz getting his way and it end up costing the eagles.
    The problem with Nnamdi and maxwell was pretty obvious from the beginning imo.. Even when the Eagles signed Nnamdi, I was a little skeptical because they didn't want to play him to his strengths. It didn't make any sense.. Why go out and get a player that is extremely good at something and then play him a different way? Maxwell was just made out to look good by a legendary defense around him, plus the Eagles also wanted to play him differently. With Darby, they are going to play him the way that he played his rookie year which is in press man coverage. He should succeed in that capacity. Will he be a pro bowler? Perhaps not, but that's not necessarily needed tbh because the defense is already pretty damn good as is

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I don't know how the investigation went with the police but I do know how these things can go sometimes.. We do know that his girlfriend was "trying to ruin his career" for what he did. So, I think it's possible that this girl was trying to not only get Elliot in trouble with the nfl but also thrown in jail for a very long time. I think it's possible that she might have gotten greedy with how far she wanted to bury elliot. She might have fabricated some things with the police and with these investigations when the police find some things that were fabricated, a lot of times they throw out the remaining evidence as well as if to say "if some of it is fake, all of it must be fake". It's the main reason that oj Simpson wasn't convicted of murder, because some things were fabricated to make oj look bad. Now, the nfl doesn't necessarily go by that same policy that "some of it is fake, all of it is fake". They might have been presented with the same evidence and disregarded some and made a judgment call on the photos, videos, and text messages/phone calls that they reviewed.

well said and i appreciate all that. If the league comes out and presents their evidence then i am ok with it and then curious if the police decide to re-investigate which could make this even messier for the kid. It almost feels like they are doing what they should have done with Rice and hit hard now bcuz it can always be reduced later which doesnt look as bad vice versa.

The problem with Nnamdi and maxwell was pretty obvious from the beginning imo.. Even when the Eagles signed Nnamdi, I was a little skeptical because they didn't want to play him to his strengths. It didn't make any sense.. Why go out and get a player that is extremely good at something and then play him a different way? Maxwell was just made out to look good by a legendary defense around him, plus the Eagles also wanted to play him differently. With Darby, they are going to play him the way that he played his rookie year which is in press man coverage. He should succeed in that capacity. Will he be a pro bowler? Perhaps not, but that's not necessarily needed tbh because the defense is already pretty damn good as is

Yup! I'm pumped for him because of this. When is the last CB they got to play to their strengths rather than the system? I can't really think of anyone. Maybe DRC and he was pretty solid but Nnamdi's weaknesses were shown. Asante was good for who he was but he was a richman's Lito and there was no Sheldon opposite him. Maybe we will see to shut-down press cover guys in Darby and Jones at some point. A lot of physicality in the secondary now with a proven, albeit sss, CB in Darby.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    well said and i appreciate all that. If the league comes out and presents their evidence then i am ok with it and then curious if the police decide to re-investigate which could make this even messier for the kid. It almost feels like they are doing what they should have done with Rice and hit hard now bcuz it can always be reduced later which doesnt look as bad vice versa.
    Yea, cases are reopened all the time if they feel like new evidence is brought to the table. They'll also review all evidence that was brought to their attention previously and see if there's any connection with this new evidence as well. Elliot may not be out of this one yet.. Either way, it's all speculation at this point because we don't know what evidence was brought to the police and what was brought to the nfl so it'd be nice if the nfl could present their evidence like you suggest.

Anyway... **** the cowboys haha

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yup! I'm pumped for him because of this. When is the last CB they got to play to their strengths rather than the system? I can't really think of anyone. Maybe DRC and he was pretty solid but Nnamdi's weaknesses were shown. Asante was good for who he was but he was a richman's Lito and there was no Sheldon opposite him. Maybe we will see to shut-down press cover guys in Darby and Jones at some point. A lot of physicality in the secondary now with a proven, albeit sss, CB in Darby.
    DRC was good because I feel like he was one of the fastest players in the entire NFL, if not the fastest but he didn't like to press so sometimes players could take a nice break on their route with him. Darby is a very fast player also like DRC so he will be able to keep up with any receiver and catch up to a play if need be, but he's also a pretty physical corner. He likes to jam players at the line of scrimmage and be physical in run support which is what the Eagles coaches like their cornerbacks to do. I think he will do good in Philadelphia. Darby and Jones may be the Sheldon brown/lito Shephard from the early 2000s but maybe even better actually. Jalen mills is on the hot seat with a lot of Eagles fans, but I think he fits that same mold, he's a physical cornerback that can also play some coverage. (in addition to mills, Darby is also another finger wagging guy which the Eagles like). Haha

Your baby can't do this

I know we might kind of be set up at CB, but I'd love for us to buy low on Delvin Breaux. He's hurt right now and has been the last two years, but the Saints medical staff sucks and one our guys get a hold of him he'll be fine.

Our secondary can be elite for a while and it's a Roseman type of move. I'd dump Kendricks for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I know we might kind of be set up at CB, but I'd love for us to buy low on Delvin Breaux. He's hurt right now and has been the last two years, but the Saints medical staff sucks and one our guys get a hold of him he'll be fine.

Our secondary can be elite for a while and it's a Roseman type of move. I'd dump Kendricks for him.
    Don't get carried away.

i think we're gonna always have high expectations for any player that has a good rep in this league. hes young with upside so of course we're gonna hope hes good. i know personally an probably most of us have to chill with our expectations because we seem to always be let down lol

I didn't see the game but I saw some tweets and looks like Barnett and darby both impressed.

The offense looks a bit concerning though, hopefully they can work out the kinks

Your baby can't do this

I didn't see the game but I saw some tweets and looks like Barnett and darby both impressed.

The offense looks a bit concerning though, hopefully they can work out the kinks

Didn't watch it either but by the box score it just doesn't seem they're really running it and Carson is at least completing passes. McGloin is poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our defense looks good from unit to unit. I think our offense will come along once we start flowing. That defensive line will be a nightmare.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds