Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CBS Sports top 50 players ever

Thoughts?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cb...on-curry-rank/

I think Curry is too high, for now. But the list, up and down, is very fair to me personally.

I personally put Jabbar above Magic for sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Stick to football, CBS.

Cp3/Curry/Durant over Wade is laughable.

I should give the list more of a chance, but when I saw Dwight in the top 50 I stopped scrolling and he was like in the 50-48 range. I thought that was absurd personally and it offended me as a basketball fan

First Sim League Title!

You're never gonna please everyone with a list like this, but this list is OK. Some things really stand out, like the Curry thing (they acknowledge that it might be polarizing, but it's not polarizing, it's just wrong) but from 1-18 and the real heavy hitters it works for me. I have a few personal tweaks (lower Russell, bump Shaq up a little, etc.) but it's not absurd.

I don't have LeBrona at #2 personally, but I wasn't surprised to see him there. I think it's his eventual landing spot, but I'm just not quite sure he's there yet.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    You're never gonna please everyone with a list like this, but this list is OK. Some things really stand out, like the Curry thing (they acknowledge that it might be polarizing, but it's not polarizing, it's just wrong) but from 1-18 and the real heavy hitters it works for me. I have a few personal tweaks (lower Russell, bump Shaq up a little, etc.) but it's not absurd.

I don't have LeBrona at #2 personally, but I wasn't surprised to see him there. I think it's his eventual landing spot, but I'm just not quite sure he's there yet.
    My gripes are:

D-Rob a little low
    For now, Durant/CP3/Curry should be below Wade.
    Like you said, Russell a bit high, Shaq a bit low.
    I have LeBron at #4 currently, but I think he moves into a top 2 position above Jabbar/Wilt for me by career end.

Outside that, not huge complaints. Bob Cousy doesn't really belong on the list, but whateva

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I should give the list more of a chance, but when I saw Dwight in the top 50 I stopped scrolling and he was like in the 50-48 range. I thought that was absurd personally and it offended me as a basketball fan
    he was boss for some time in Orlando. Best paint protector in the game, and a mini-Shaq offensively. But yeah, he is a borderline player top 50 for me. I could live without him in there. I would have no issue bumping him for Unseld

Everyone is ok except for Iverson. Some players too high others too low. Dwight deserves if - his 6 year pick was as dominant defensively as any other big man in the modern era and he was very efficient albeit limited offensively. Replace Mikan and Cousy too - just because a player was great for a 50s guy doesn't mean he is a top 50 greatest player ever.

I would consider these players to replace those three above: Mourning, mutombo, Mullin, Pau, Webber. And the fact they removed Walton for Milan doesn't make sense - Walton was dominant in both ends in a much tougher era and for his career actually played in more games

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

Agreed.

I don't think Dwight belongs on the list, but he was dominant for a while, so I guess it's okay if you put more value on peak play.

Curry is way too high for now, and Wade should be above him, Durant, CP3 for sure.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good list. A some people could be moved up or down a couple of spots, but it's within acceptable range.
    2015 Adopt-a-Packer: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Cp3/Curry/Durant over Wade is laughable.
    for now it is. I would guess all 3 finish ahead of him by the time they are done though. Wade's crashing style, and refusal to expand his perimeter game as he slowed, just limits his longevity argument badly. As does a couple of those playoff runs with the Heat, where his injuries rendered him a pretty meh player. Peak only gets you so high by itself.

according to a few, Bosh, Chalmers, Birdman, and Battier probably belong in the top 50, along with Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    for now it is. I would guess all 3 finish ahead of him by the time they are done though. Wade's crashing style, and refusal to expand his perimeter game as he slowed, just limits his longevity argument badly. As does a couple of those playoff runs with the Heat, where his injuries rendered him a pretty meh player. Peak only gets you so high by itself.
    His accolades speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    His accolades speak for itself.
    huh?

My point is, a guy like Wade, who while he had an awesome peak for most his 20's, his game went south fast. Longevity is not on his side, and his peak, while really good, won't sit with Bird, or Magic, who don't have the longevity argument either.

Is there a 2 time MVP and leader of a title winning team below Curry? He's a little higher than I have him (I have him and KD just in the top 25), but he's in that range. In time he has top 12 potential.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast