Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nba expansion: Realignment 2017-2018 idea.

*2 TEAMS ADDED: KANSAS CITY MONARCHS & SEATTLE SONICS.

NBA REALIGNMENT: *KANSAS CITY MONARCHS & SEATTLE SONICS.

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

NORTH DIVISION: *Sonics, Warriors, Kings, Blazers.
    SouthWest Division: Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Suns
    South Region: Mavericks, Rockets, Spurs, Pelicans
    Mountain Region: Thunder, Nuggets, Grizzles, Monarchs*

Eastern Conference:

Atlantic: Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Celtics
    SouthEast: Heat,Magic,Hornets,Hawks
    NorthEast: Wolves, Bulls,Bucks,Pistons
    Central: Cavaliers, Wizards, Pacers, Raptors

Playoffs will be of an NFL Format. WC Round: Would be a best of 5. Top 2 seeds receive byes. WC Round(Best of 5): Div round/Con Finals/NBA Finals(Best of 7).

Division winners receive top-4 places in standings. playoff standings based on current standings:

East:

1. Cavs(central)
    2. Celtics(Atlantic)
    3. Hawks(Southeast)
    4. Bulls(NorthEast)
    5. Raptors(WC-1)
    6. Wizards(WC-2)

West:

1. Warriors(North)
    2. Spurs(South)
    3. Clippers(SouthEast)
    4. Thunder(Mountain)
    5. Rockets(WC-1)
    6. Jazz(WC-2)

I heard Louisville has a viable arena in place. They just need to be approved and a buy in of a new owner. Seattle is a bit behind yet. They still have the old arena from old Sonics days right? Vegas gets kicked around a lot as well.

no thanks, there are enough teams that suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    no thanks, there are enough teams that suck.
    This. Until you can find a way to level out the star power, expansion isn't a great idea.

PROCESSING

need 2 less teams let alone 2 more teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I heard Louisville has a viable arena in place. They just need to be approved and a buy in of a new owner. Seattle is a bit behind yet. They still have the old arena from old Sonics days right? Vegas gets kicked around a lot as well.
    The Deep South just seems like a bad place to expand, because of how economically weak it is. Just look at the names of the companies sponsoring those centers Smoothie King, KFC Yum!. It just brings to mind obese, undereducated southerners and a weak, service sector-based economy. It's the same situation with Vegas, whose economy is largely based on vice.
    Seattle has a strong economy and the wealth to make professional sports franchises work. San Jose would also be a better place than Louisville. It's the second-largest city in California after Los Angeles and San Diego, and is the epicenter of the tech economy.
    There's been a general shift in population from northeast to southwest, so it makes sense that's where expansion of professional sports should go.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This. Until you can find a way to level out the star power, expansion isn't a great idea.
    A harder, lower cap would take care of that. Make it so teams financially aren't allowed to stack up talent on a single team.
    But that would probably be resisted by the player's association, because the players and owners are both out for themselves and not the fans. Maybe it will take people abandoning the NBA before any of them are willing to change. Even then, owners might just abandon the U.S. and make the NBA more international.

There are move viable cities than Kansas City. If the NBA expands it will likely be Seattle and Las Vegas, with either Memphis or New Orleans moving East to balance the conferences.

The only expansions I personally wanna see are Vancouver and Seattle, I want them to get their teams back.

Legends Last Forever
    Thanks For An Amazing 13 Years Wade

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    need 2 less teams let alone 2 more teams.
    This...

T Wolves have to go, i am not going to change my mind ever on this one lol

KG prime wasted. AD prime will be wasted too.

Warrior's too strong for the next 7yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Seattle and the other would be St Louis I would expand there instead with Seattle in the East and St Louis in the West