Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

2017 Spring Training Thread

Ok, back to the Bears forum for a little while...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

wHATS WRONG WITH BVRAUN HE WOULD LOOK GOOD IN LEFT FOR A COUPLE YEARS THEN DH

I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE SOX CANT PULL OFF SOME DEALS TO COMPETE.. HECK LOSING ISNT THE THING TO DO...YOU HAVE TO TRY EVRY YEAR..

WE HAVE A BASE NOW...

JUST FILL THE HOLES

Kevin Kiermaier Tampa Bay Rays 6 yrs 50M
    Kiermaier is hands down the bestdefensive outfielder in baseball. he hit a modest .246/.331/.410 with 12 home runs and 21 stolen bases]]
    PICK 4 FROM BELOW
    Jacob May, Micker Adolfo, OF Spencer Adams, RHP Dane Dunning, RHP FULMER, LOPEZ]

ROBERTSON, Tyler Danish Luis Alexander Basabe, OF TO DODGERS FOR
    Joc Pederson CF Los Angeles DodgersThough Pederson does not hit for average, his power numbers and fielding put him at the eight spot on the list. He hit 25 home runs with 26 doubles with a .352 OBP.

Shields to Dodgers for Andre Ethier RF age 34 / 17.5M W/ 2,5M BUYOUT NEXT YR /CAREER .359 OBP
    DODGERS NEED AN ARM / EITHER WONT BE USED VERY MUCH BY DODGERS
    SIGN NORRIS 2YRS 6M/W OPT OUT AFTER 1 Positions: Catcher and First Baseman Had 3.0 and 2.5 WAR in 2014 & 15,, HOPE for a rebound..He will be a free pickup when Nationals cut him..BACK UP FOR ABREU

ABREU 1ST /all around hitter avg/power
    MONCADA 2ND/SALADINO / THE NEXT CANO
    ANDERSON SS/ GETTING BETTER 300+ hitter
    FRAZIER 3RD / GOOD POWER & D
    PETERSON LF/ DEFENSE SOME POWER/ SB'S
    KIERMAIER CF/TILSON =SPEED AND DEFENSE
    EITHER RF / STILL HAS OBP GOING FOR HIM
    NORRIS / SOTO C / GOOD FRAMERS
    CABRERA DH /NEAR 300 HITTER W/ MED. POWER
    QUINTANA , RODON, GONZALEZ, HOLLAND,GIOLITA,COVEY
    PEN
    JONES , BURDI,JENNINGS PETRICKA,Putnam , BECK,Brian Clark,

THAT STILL LEAVES US WITH OUR SO CALLED GREAT FARM SYSTEM...MAKES US COMPETATIVE..

Why would the Dodgers trade away the guys they have penciled in to play CF and LF in a season they're trying to be competitive? The Dodgers also have no use for Robertson as they have a much better closer in Jansen with Sergio Romo as their set up man. Why do the Dodgers need Shields? Do you realize how many starters they have? Kershaw,Urias,Wood,Maeda,Hill,Kazmir,Stewart,McCar thy,Ryu. Even with Kazmir and Stewart's injury they're still 7 major league quality pitchers deep.

So you want the Rays who just extended Kiermeier to trade him? Ok. Also you want the Sox to give up a bunch of young talent they just acquired and say screw this rebuild they just started?

Ok then.....

dastar
    The Sox can be somewhat competitive with a team that is based on pitching coupled with speed and defense.
    No need to trade for any veteran outfielders
    There are a few guys who may out perform expectations...Saladino, Narvaez (hitting better than expected) ,
    Moncada coming up in May and providing speed and power (jacked two home runs today) , and possibly one or two of the outfielders that look decent Spring Training.
    Holland will be on a short leash and Shields will be on an even shorter one with Reynaldo Lopez , Giolito Kopech..waiting in the wings
    Meanwhile no need to panic and do anything foolish as far as trades. I hope the Shields trade will be the last bad trade they make for a long time.

Yes, we shouldn't let this nice ST cloud our mission here. We are building something good with young guys now. This is not the time to add vets. We still need to move Robertson,M.Cabrera, Frazier, Shields, and possibly Q , although I think Q is young enough to be part of our rebuild as well.

Let's see what the kids can do. We might find a surprising piece in our own prospects finally blossoming.

I've seen Shields get lit up
    I've seen Avi disappoint
    I've seen Robertson struggle
    Frazier & Melky are good,but, not long range pieces .

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Yep, this is a rebuilding and development year, whatever else happens is coincidental.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Ok, I think we may see a few non roster guys make this team. If Tillson continues to be hurt....

Peter Bourjos and Cody Asche make this team and I'm guessing Giovanny Soto the catcher does too.

I really like Asche and hope he gets some PT this year.
    Last edited by coconut; 03-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Moncada with another bomb. That's his 3rd of the spring. All from the left side. Been really good over the last few weeks.

Wonder what the plan is for some of these guys if they play well.

Players like avi and asche.

If they play well do they try and offer them a deal to keep them or simply flip them at the dead line?

Tilson will start the season on the DL.

So it looks like Bourjos is the starting CF.

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    Tilson will start the season on the DL.

So it looks like Bourjos is the starting CF.
    Jacob May? Bourjos should be #4 OF, lets see what May can do
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I want to see May and Engel getting time. But I think May will start in CF with Engel in AAA.

Also Tim Anderson in discussions with the Sox to get an extension done.

Looks like we own his rights for next 10 years. Not official, but 6-25 extension

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast