Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Pick the best big 4 in Baseball

1 pitcher
    1 hitter
    1 coach
    1 bull pen arm

the 4 you choose have to be all on the same team... So who in your opinion has the best big 4 in baseball?

Example if you take harper you need to take the nationals coach/starting pitcher and reliever.

Pick the best big 4 in Baseball

Kershaw
    Seager
    Roberts
    Jansen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I was gonna say the Dodgers... I don't care about the manager, but they have the other 3 and it's as good as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Also, if we are saying to pick a coach, does it have to be the manager? How about a pitching coach? I'm just saying, I think Dan Warthen for the Mets is far more valuable than Terry Collins for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I like Indians and Cubs

For the Cubs, I guess:

Lester
    Bryant
    Maddon
    Davis

I don't think that's number 1. Shows that the Cubs strength is more depth, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    For the Cubs, I guess:

Lester
    Bryant
    Maddon
    Davis

I don't think that's number 1. Shows that the Cubs strength is more depth, I suppose.
    Depends if '17 Arrieta is closer to '16 Arrieta or '15 Arrieta.

Regardless, assuming Davis' health those 4 have as good an argument as anyone else. Early name being tossed out there is the Dodgers.

Kershaw > Lester or Arrieta (whomever you prefer)
    Bryant > Seager
    Maddon > Roberts
    Jansen = Davis

Also FWIW the Red Sox are an equally strong contender with Sale, Betts, Farrell & Kimbrel. I'm not sure there's a certain answer to this particular arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Also FWIW the Red Sox are an equally strong contender with Sale, Betts, Farrell & Kimbrel. I'm not sure there's a certain answer to this particular arrangement.
    I wanted to say this but Farrell is terrible. Really weighs down the other three.

Tanaka
    Sanchez
    Girardi
    Chapman

Philadelphia Eagles New York Yankees Houston Rockets New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    Tanaka
    Sanchez

Girardi
    Chapman
    Not realistically in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    I wanted to say this but Farrell is terrible. Really weighs down the other three.
    You're probably right (don't watch enough Red Sox baseball to judge personally) but a WS win goes a long way for any manager, even if he fell *** backward into it.

Not the best, but definitely top 5:

Bumgarner
    Posey
    Bochy
    Melancon

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Not realistically in the conversation.
    decided to have some fun since I'm a Yankees fan. I wouldn't even put Girard in the mix. He's to much of a numbers guy who goes by the books to much. Really the only realistic name I said was Chapman. If Sanchez produces the same amount of at bats the way he played in the final 2 months of last season into this year, then why not consider him a top hitting player in this league.

Philadelphia Eagles New York Yankees Houston Rockets New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    decided to have some fun since I'm a Yankees fan. I wouldn't even put Girard in the mix. He's to much of a numbers guy who goes by the books to much. Really the only realistic name I said was Chapman. If Sanchez produces the same amount of at bats the way he played in the final 2 months of last season into this year, then why not consider him a top hitting player in this league.
    Lol yeah if Sanchez keeps the same pace but then would also have the best offensive season ever by a catcher. you are looking at 60 and 125... lol not happening. However, I do think he can be a very good/great catcher in the near future... maybe even threaten for some MVPs.

And if Tanaka puts together another full season about or around the same value as last, then I think he is in the convo. But as of now he has only one full season of dominance under his belt... despite having very, very good rate stats (ie WHIP, K/9, K/BB, ERA, era+)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast