Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Things you wish you were still good at

What are things that you've lost abilities in as you've gotten older that you wish you still had?

Me... hand eye coordination as slowly degenerated. Still pretty good, but not like it used to be.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Things you wish you were still good at

Being able to pound any chick that let me.... damn married life ruined me!

Basketball. recently i rolled my bad ankle and with no break i'm going on 2 months and still can't run. I think i have to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxPatsCeltsBs View Post
    Being able to pound any chick that let me.... damn married life ruined me!

I second this.

I will also say that because I'm older, I'd like to be able to pound those dirty young ladies 6-8 times a day like I could when i was in my 20s and mid 30s

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    What are things that you've lost abilities in as you've gotten older that you wish you still had?
    Running, mountain biking, skiing, and climbing/backpacking: Knee arthritis and chronic patella tendonitis.

Vision: Legally blind in my left eye. $10,000 contact lenses correct my vision to 20/40 -- which is okay for most things. Meh.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Pretty much all physical activities.

I've had a degenerative condition in my lower back since my late teen years. At one time, it was routine for me to play hockey three nights a week and run the other nights that I wasn't at the rink. I was also a very good tennis player. Ranked in my teen years and recruited to play in college. I can barely do either these days. I really miss those days like crazy because I just love to be active and I love sports. It was such a big part of my life that it's hard to realize I can't do it like I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Pretty much all physical activities.

I've had a degenerative condition in my lower back since my late teen years. At one time, it was routine for me to play hockey three nights a week and run the other nights that I wasn't at the rink. I was also a very good tennis player. Ranked in my teen years and recruited to play in college. I can barely do either these days. I really miss those days like crazy because I just love to be active and I love sports. It was such a big part of my life that it's hard to realize I can't do it like I used to.
    I feel you Jack. You're not able to make it to the rink at all anymore? I know a friend who had the same thing with the lower back and he just couldn't do it anymore. He started doing yoga and said it helped a bit but never really got his back back to normal.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Basketball. recently i rolled my bad ankle and with no break i'm going on 2 months and still can't run. I think i have to retire.
    I am dealing with the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I am dealing with the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks. I'm not what i was but i can still ball. I just don't think i can go through this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I feel you Jack. You're not able to make it to the rink at all anymore? I know a friend who had the same thing with the lower back and he just couldn't do it anymore. He started doing yoga and said it helped a bit but never really got his back back to normal.
    I stopped playing several years ago when I got too busy with school and had plans on picking it up again once I finished. What I didn't plan on was how much worse I'd feel.

I have a Teeter Hangup and I try to do core work to support my back. I feel "okay" when I carry a lot less weight. All in all, I try not to let it keep me from doing things I want. It just isn't always comfortable. I could have a lot worse problems, ya know? I can walk, dress myself, and do pretty much anything I want, just with some moderate discomfort. That ain't so bad compared to others.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Math. I took has high as calculus in high school and now I'm lucky if I can remember the most basics of algebra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Would say drawing but then again I don't know if I'm no longer good since I haven't drawn in a long time.
    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Daydreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I stopped playing several years ago when I got too busy with school and had plans on picking it up again once I finished. What I didn't plan on was how much worse I'd feel.

I have a Teeter Hangup and I try to do core work to support my back. I feel "okay" when I carry a lot less weight. All in all, I try not to let it keep me from doing things I want. It just isn't always comfortable. I could have a lot worse problems, ya know? I can walk, dress myself, and do pretty much anything I want, just with some moderate discomfort. That ain't so bad compared to others.
    See the thing that I hate about these things like what you're dealing with, is that feeling of being old, or at least physically old, even if it's something degenerative that you can't control and you aren't old. You should look into yoga though. It's worked for me for a few injuries.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I can honestly say I've never been good at anything in my entire life, well other than maths and I still got that, but I'm not even that great at it just above average. Not like I'm Matt Damon or anything.

I was too small for most sports, I was a great wrestler as a child but I ****ed up my back when I was 13 so I could never really pursue it. I'm serviceable but don't excel in video games, logic games like chess, physical games like bags, pong, etc.

I'm just a meh human being.
    Anthony Mantha

Spoil you with 2 angles baby boo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast