Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What kind of player will Jimmy Garoppolo be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • After sitting behind a HOFer he may look like one himself

1 33.33%
  • Because he's been where he's been, he's overvalued for what his actuall play will be elsewhere

2 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Just out of curiosity, who has left NE to become better or even play at a high level?
    Chandler Jones?
    Talib?

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    It's hard to say. He'll be more prepped than most young guys. He'll look better than Goff for sure.

But the Pats are in a great spot. TB says 3-5 more, sources say win another SB or play 3, then retire. So JG must go. Pats have the aura of a 2 in 3 year SB winner, his brief but very good play, and a weak year in QB's in the draft. The more the better.
    I don't get the comparison between a rookie and a seasoned vet here. Compare Jimmy G to someone who has been in the league a few years... like Bortles.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Just out of curiosity, who has left NE to become better or even play at a high level?
    I heard Aaron Hernandez is killin it for the Souza-Baranowski team.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I don't get the comparison between a rookie and a seasoned vet here. Compare Jimmy G to someone who has been in the league a few years... like Bortles.
    How about any team with the draft capital to deal for JG is also thinking about drafting a QB. Goff was the most recent "anointed one" draft pick, no? Therefore it seems quite apt to compare them. I didn't say anyone couldn't be compared to JG did I?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Chandler Jones?
    Talib?
    Talib is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Chandler Jones?
    Talib?
    Seymour, Law, Woody, Adam V, Samuel, Ted Washington, Dan Graham, Chad Eaton, Woodhead, and Deion Branch - all had at least two years after the Pats that matched at least one of the top 3 seasons they had for NE.

It took me 5 minutes and 7 rosters to come up with that list. Long term all should have been walked away from and were. BB doesn't believe in sentiment with a strict cap - one of his major advantages over most GM's.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

I'd say somewhere in between. Maybe like a matt schaub. Good qb but not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    How about any team with the draft capital to deal for JG is also thinking about drafting a QB. Goff was the most recent "anointed one" draft pick, no? Therefore it seems quite apt to compare them. I didn't say anyone couldn't be compared to JG did I?
    Are you admitting to being a socket puppet of OREcoast?

-Scott van Pelt

Jimmy Garoppolo's agent, Donald Yee, represents Saints coach Sean Payton, with whom Bears GM Ryan Pace worked for ten years in New Orleans.
    There are all kinds of connections to be made like this around the NFL, but Pace's connections to Garoppolo especially stand out. Payton and Pace's Saints were rumored to be infatuated with Garoppolo in the 2014 draft and allegedly considered taking him toward the end of the first round. Payton, Pace, and Garoppolo are all alums of Eastern Illinois. Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "Yee knows well just how much Payton and Pace valued Garoppolo in the (2014) draft," and "putting a deal together between those two wouldn’t be difficult."
    Source: CBS Sports Feb 19 - 5:38 PM

I think Jimmy is closer to Aaron Rodgers. no backup like Cassel, Flynn, or Foles showed an inch of the talent Jimmy did before injury. those 3 were easy to tell weren't franchise QBs. Jimmy very much is to me and is the first backup I can say that about that I can remember

He will be just as good as Cousins or around there IMO. The guy is legit from the eye test and his demeanor tells me he can handle the nfl game.

Jimmy Garoppolo- closer to Aaron Rodgers or Matt Flynn?

Lol, jimmy is just a punk that hasn't played enough. what 3 games? He is a Flynn type player.

"Killer Instinct"

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Lol, jimmy is just a punk that hasn't played enough. what 3 games? He is a Flynn type player.
    I've read two posts you made today and both of them I felt embarrassed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Garoppolo was better in his small sample than Osweiler was. For those of us who have actually seen every snap Jimmy has taken (pre and regular reason), what exactly is his weakness? I've watched him, and he really doesn't have any. If you're judging him based on what's he's shown, he's going to be very good. When a player lacks experience you have to project.

Putting it all on, "he's on the Patriots so he won't be good when he leaves" is weak as ****. Basically saying you know nothing about him and are talking out of your ***.
    Ya but just saying "he's great at everything and has no weakness" is weak as **** too. If that's the case then he has to be an all time great and near perfect qb and trading him would be dumb. It's nonsense to make statements like thag

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Ya but just saying "he's great at everything and has no weakness" is weak as **** too. If that's the case then he has to be an all time great and near perfect qb and trading him would be dumb. It's nonsense to make statements like thag
    Well saying a guy "has no weakness" isn't the same as saying he's perfect at everything. When I see Jimmy G play I don't see any alarms for things he can't do. He moves well, accurate, strong arm, quick reads, etc. I can't pinpoint one thing as a red flag or area he can be exploited. It's just a matter of exactly how good is he at those things.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123