Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Addition by Subtraction

Well, just as some of us suspected. The bucks apear to be better off without Jabari Parker. It's only been 3 games, with the 1st being a bad loss, the 2nd was likely an outlier, because of all the made 3's, but last night we had a defense sighting that likely wasn't going to happen with Parker on the court. Not that Beasley is a great defender by any means, but at least he pays attention when he's on the weakside away from the play, which led to some turnovers by the Pistons.

We've only won 2 in a row, but comparing it to the prior 12 games, it's a major turn around. In addition both of those wins were against teams we are chasing in the playoff race. If we're able to make it 3 in a row against the Nets tomorrow night, we''ll have more than a week to regroup and refocus, to make a last ditch effort at a playoff run.

As crasy as it sounds, it was last time Parker tore his ACL that the bucks put together a nice run which led to a playoff appearance and had us thinking we might be regulars in the playoffs. This injury to Parker allows more minutes for a red hot Tony Snell as well as more minutes for Middleton, Maker and Michael Beasley, with Beasley having an opportunity to show that the Bucks are better with him on the floor than with Parker.

The loss of Parker may be a huge hit to the long term future of the bucks, but it may lead to the spark this team needs to make the playoffs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Well, just as some of us suspected. The bucks apear to be better off without Jabari Parker. It's only been 3 games, with the 1st being a bad loss, the 2nd was likely an outlier, because of all the made 3's, but last night we had a defense sighting that likely wasn't going to happen with Parker on the court. Not that Beasley is a great defender by any means, but at least he pays attention when he's on the weakside away from the play, which led to some turnovers by the Pistons.

We've only won 2 in a row, but comparing it to the prior 12 games, it's a major turn around. In addition both of those wins were against teams we are chasing in the playoff race. If we're able to make it 3 in a row against the Nets tomorrow night, we''ll have more than a week to regroup and refocus, to make a last ditch effort at a playoff run.

As crasy as it sounds, it was last time Parker tore his ACL that the bucks put together a nice run which led to a playoff appearance and had us thinking we might be regulars in the playoffs. This injury to Parker allows more minutes for a red hot Tony Snell as well as more minutes for Middleton, Maker and Michael Beasley, with Beasley having an opportunity to show that the Bucks are better with him on the floor than with Parker.

The loss of Parker may be a huge hit to the long term future of the bucks, but it may lead to the spark this team needs to make the playoffs this season.
    I thought about this some last night too. Felt like a dick so I stopped momentarily lol. Jabari's rookie year Bucks went on big run with Knight and then when he was dealt team stunk again. But I said when he was hurt Bucks will be better defensively. Beas was great last night but he has out of his mind nights offensively and then 4 or 5 quiet ones. His offense helped immensely last night. But the Parker injury was ****** for Jabari it helps the Bucks on multiple fronts not limited to defense immediately. But I want to wait a bit to see. The Bucks played a Pistons team on second night of back to back who just came off emotional comeback win over Raptors on road. Likely took a lot out of them. It helps Bucks financially as I didn't think Jabari was max player and was going to get early extension max. Now no way. Bucks also get better defensively. Also I think it has to spark front office to either look for guy with most potential not need in draft and maybe try and find another FA. If they can get a FA like Teague and get a skilled big in draft this team could be loaded if Jabari makes it back to close to what he was. Can sign him to incentive laden deal and cap room should allow Bucks to lure someone.

Well you figure Middleton and Maker defense is decent versus Parker and Henson. Yeah Parkers D is decent when man to man. But Kidd's goofy schemes don't work here.

The next dominoe: Kidd
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The next dominoe: Kidd
    Now your dreaming. It would be awesome if they'd fire Kidd, but don't expect that to happen anytime soon. Heck we've wanted the Packers to get rid of Dom Capers for about 5 years now and he isn't going anywhere. I'd bet money Kidds still coaching the bucks in 2018/19.

Last night Kris Middleton was already a better player than Jabari Parker was in his best game. Sure Parker had games where he had more points, but as far as a complete game package, it's really not that close. Middleton was excellent on the defensive end with 3 steals and numerous other great defensive plays. He was a play maker dishing out 7 assists. He was the best player on the floor for a stretch late in the 3rd quarter and he was the go to closer, hitting all 4 freethrows with the game on the line and handling the ball with ease.

These bucks should be a lot more dangerous with their leader/coleader back to help Giannis shoulder the burden. It's a long climb to get back to the 5th or 6th seed and there will certainly be stumbles, but watch out for these bucks.

Shock. 3-game win streak and Hacksaw back on the train of 5-seed talk lol. Back it on down Hacksaw.

It is telling that 5 games back and Middleton already leaned on as the man down the stretch. Giannis' offensive game has a ways to go in the half-court. When the game slows down Middleton is by far the Bucks best offensive player.

Last week the Bucks were thumped by the lakers. February the Bucks also have the easiest schedule of any Eastern Conference team and they are just 4-4 with 3 games left and 2 of those likely Ls. March schedule gets tougher. This team will have all it can do to just make the playoffs barring a win-now trade which I hope doesn't happen.

Let's be honest, if your defensive scheme is so bad that you can't hide one player that's on coaching not the player. Houston has no problem hiding Harden, GS has no problem hiding Curry, the list goes on. Better system and we don't have these issues.

Also, I think Henson riding the pine is the bigger impact. Monroe has been playing like a beast. Unless we get a heal of a deal for him I see no reason to move him and actually prefer him to opt in. Find someone to eat Henson instead.

Harden actually isn't that bad of a defender when he tries. Last year he clearly didn't give AF. Warriors have plus-defenders in Klay and then one of best in league in Draymond. Bucks have alright defenders but no lockdown types and no shot blocking. If you aren't lockdown defenders on the perimeter and don't have shot blocking to protect the rim, harder to hide a guy as clueless as Jabari looked on the weak side.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Let's be honest, if your defensive scheme is so bad that you can't hide one player that's on coaching not the player. Houston has no problem hiding Harden, GS has no problem hiding Curry, the list goes on. Better system and we don't have these issues.

So with that in mind, when Parker comes back next season, would we be better off just telling him to stay on the offensive end of the court? At least that way we know he's not going to cover the guy under the basket on the weak side. There's no way to hide someone who doesn't even pay attention to his man under the basket.

Also, I think Henson riding the pine is the bigger impact. Monroe has been playing like a beast. Unless we get a heal of a deal for him I see no reason to move him and actually prefer him to opt in. Find someone to eat Henson instead.
    So with that in mind, when Parker comes back next season, would we be better off just telling him to stay on the offensive end of the court? At least that way we know he's not going to cover the guy under the basket on the weak side. There's no way to hide someone who doesn't even pay attention to his man under the basket.

As many of you have stated under other threads, we shouldn't entertain trading Parker at this time, because his value is at an all time low. Since he's been out, we have the best record in the eastern conference. Some of this is due to the return of Kris Middleton and some is due to not having Parker on the court. Certainly we couldn't have won all these games without Middleton, but if this is what our team plays like from now on, what do we do with Parker when he does come back?

Lets say we end the season 43 -39 and get the 7th seed. We probably lose in the 1st round, but maybe we pull the upset and make it to round 2. Then next season comes and we play the 1st 50 games without Jabari and go 31 -19, looking like a 3 or 4 seed. Parker comes off the bench at 1st and we do ok, but then he returns to the starting lineup for the last 24 games and we go 10 - 14 down the stretch. How long do we have to continue to suffer, before we get rid of the problem?

It's painfully obvious to me that we have a team now that plays together and plays defense. We have some players that aren't great defenders, but they all play hard and try to get into the right position and do what they can to succeed. When Parker was playing, none of this was true. We didn't play as a team and our defense was terrible. Delly, Henson and even Teletovic are all much better defensive players than Parker. All of these players who we wanted to dump by any means possible are all much improved with Middleton and without Parker. Snell is now worth the $10 Mil per season contract he's going to get. Delly might be worth his $9.6 Mil per season now too. Henson and Teletovic have a ways to go, but there's hope for them too. It appears to me that by adding Middleton and subtracting Parker, the whole team was fixed, except Vaughn still can't make a shot.

I would say next year Parker doesn't see starting lineup if Snell back. Use him as a Beasley. Come in and get points and try hard. Problem still some of those guys Henson, Telly, Delly still not worth cash they make but everyone's roles are much more defined and are needed more on offense. Can get caught up and be very stagnant just giving it to Giannis and Jabari and standing around.

I still like Parker but 11-4 over the last 15 games (best in the east) is hard to argue with. I still think you need to let him play next year, I doubt that we could get anything of significance for him until he proves he can play. Defensively he just hasn't figured it out or settled into a position.

What do you guys think of Wade giving Bucks hometown discount - close enough to hometown, played at MU - and playing Wade and Jabari off the bench together when Jabari is back. Maybe convince Moose to opt-in. Bucks would be loaded.

Wade has no decent range. Yeah beginning of this season he shot beyond his norm and Bulls won. After that he cooled off and team cooled off and loss more. I don't want him. He probably goes back to Heat or vet discount with a real team like Spurs or Cavs or Warriors. Probably Cavs if money means nothing. He had his chance with us but we didn't have the 2/$50M. Denver offered 2/$50M. He snubbed them. Super discount then yeah but doubt he does it with us. Maybe with Cavs first to be back with LeBron. Then insurance buyout of Bosh. I could see Cavs try Bosh out at vet minimum for playoffs. Wade doesn't stretch the floor either really for legit stats for all time. Rather have Snell back at a discount. Moose may bolt anyway. So a good chance Snell and maybe Beasley and Jet are back and maybe Jones if he creates a spark in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast