Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Sources: TOR had also been closing in on a deal for Taj Gibson and told the Magic to take it or leave it on the offer for Serge Ibaka.
    Interesting...Masai asked for Taj and maybe McDermott too.

If he did, this move may not just be it. I expect a Gallo trade or a separate deal for McDermott now that Taj is no longer in play with the Ibaka acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Interesting...Masai asked for Taj and maybe McDermott too.

If he did, this move may not just be it. I expect a Gallo trade or a separate deal for McDermott now that Taj is no longer in play with the Ibaka acquisition.
    na. i expect maybe T Ross is in all the trade talks. now that he's gone, i wouldn't expect more. maybe minor moves. but nothing big.

I said it a couple of weeks ago, that I felt this would be a Grade A move for you all. Ibaka is a two-way frontcourt player that allows you guys to play big and have a Death Squad when you guys go small. The cherry on top, Ibaka seems like the type of guy who would have no problems with signing long term in Toronto.

Not as big of a fan of this deal as others seem to be.

Like Ibaka and the fit, and he makes us better this year obviously, but he doesn't put us over the top as a rental. He'll go back to being OKC Ibaka on offense and he isn't as good defensively as he used to be.

Ownership better be willing to spend well into the luxury tax multiple years in a row to keep this team together, otherwise it makes no sense.

I also seem to be more of a Ross fan than most, and wish a deal could have gotten done with some combo of Carroll/Patt/CoJo/picks/specs not named Powell.

It's not a bad deal, but I'm not just sure the upside is worth giving up the assets.
    Projecting next season's roster to see if we can retain the core while staying out of the lux tax.

Lowry ~28M
    Ibaka ~28M
    DeRozan 27.7M
    JV 15.5M
    Carroll 14.8M
    Joseph 7.6M
    Poeltl 2.8M
    Bebe 3M
    Bruno 2.4M
    Delon 1.65M
    Siakam 1.25M
    Norm+ Van= 2M
    Rookie 1.35M

TOTAL= ~136M

Lux tax is projected to be ~122M IIRC.

Basically means you have to dump Carroll or JV for very little to no salary coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post

Like Ibaka and the fit, and he makes us better this year obviously, but he doesn't put us over the top as a rental. He'll go back to being OKC Ibaka on offense and he isn't as good defensively as he used to be.

Ownership better be willing to spend well into the luxury tax multiple years in a row to keep this team together, otherwise it makes no sense.

I also seem to be more of a Ross fan than most, and wish a deal could have gotten done with some combo of Carroll/Patt/CoJo/picks/specs not named Powell.

It's not a bad deal, but I'm not just sure the upside is worth giving up the assets.
    Projecting next season's roster to see if we can retain the core while staying out of the lux tax.

Lowry ~28M
    Ibaka ~28M
    DeRozan 27.7M
    JV 15.5M
    Carroll 14.8M
    Joseph 7.6M
    Poeltl 2.8M
    Bebe 3M
    Bruno 2.4M
    Delon 1.65M
    Siakam 1.25M
    Norm+ Van= 2M
    Rookie 1.35M

TOTAL= ~136M

Basically means you have to dump Carroll or JV for very little to no salary coming back.
    well they said they are willing to resign Ibaka.

but it definitely makes the team more complete. He's a two way player. There is no other player out there without gutting the team deeply to go above and beyond.

Even if we didn't have Ibaka. Resigning Lowry or his cap hold of $18M (150% of his previous salary) is something that hinders this team from resigning anyone of significance anyways. Noone is giving up young controllable assets for Carroll or anyone on this team. Thats why keeping the picks is important to Masai.

I think the team really needs to get rid of Carroll and CoJo and resign Ibaka, PPat, and Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I'm a god
    Lol, well done

There is growing belief me-wide that ibaka will indeed be traded to the raptors by the deadline. As long as the cost is low I guess I can stomach that, although I don't think he truly elevates us in any meaningful way. If Masai could work it out in a way that brings biyombo back it would be much more appealing to me at least. Patterson Ross caroll?<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

If we are patting ourselves on the back here

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post

Lowry ~28M
    Ibaka ~28M
    DeRozan 27.7M
    JV 15.5M
    Carroll 14.8M
    Joseph 7.6M
    Poeltl 2.8M
    Bebe 3M
    Bruno 2.4M
    Delon 1.65M
    Siakam 1.25M
    Norm+ Van= 2M
    Rookie 1.35M

TOTAL= ~136M

I don't think Ibaka gets Lowry money. I predict low 20's. And Joseph is a goner for a future first.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don't think Ibaka gets Lowry money. I predict low 20's. And Joseph is a goner for a future first.
    I think both Boston and Miami will go after Ibaka hard. They both have loads of cap space and a hole at PF.

If Horford can make 28M a year at age 29 under a lower cap, I don't see why Ibaka won't get offered that number under a higher cap. Plus he is **apparently** 2 years younger than Horford.

I don't think Boston or Miami will get him. I think he will want to be here. I see Casey as the perfect coach for him. He'll tell him shoot whenever you're open because we need your offense, and put him in positions to flourish on d. Masai sprekins his lingo, and the raptors will look very good compared to Orlando. He'll get a taste of spring/summer here too before FA so he'll have a good picture in his mind.

I have a lot of confidence he'll be back at a reasonable rate. Horford had a history of being a top PF/C and a #1 option. Ibaka is a top role player.

I don't think Boston or Miami will get him. I think he will want to be here. I see Casey as the perfect coach for him. He'll tell him shoot whenever you're open because we need your offense, and put him in positions to flourish on d. Masai sprekins his lingo, and the raptors will look very good compared to Orlando. He'll get a taste of spring/summer here too before FA so he'll have a good picture in his mind.

I have a lot of confidence he'll be back at a reasonable rate. Horford had a history of being a top PF/C and a #1 option. Ibaka is a top role player.
    As much as Ibaka wants to be here, Miami and Boston need that new age PF that Ibaka is. and they can actually just give him the max. esp someone in their prime since he is "27". Millsap is 32 so he'll get probably mid to upper 20s if not the max. if he, and probably will, opt out.

Griffin, Ibaka, Millsap are the big prizes in FA. Griffin might not even leave but he'd look scary in Boston green

Put Horford on OKC and Ibaka on ATL and the roles would be reversed. He's the same tier as Horford, younger, and the cap is going up. Some team will offer him the max or close to it.

If I'm Ibaka I go to Boston if they offer me Horford money without hesitation if Toronto only offers low 20s.

He was clearly underutilized in OKC and he most likely will be here as well. Not that hard of a decision. Boston would be set up to challenge the Cavs for the next 3+ years .

I think Lowry would actually take less than a full max too just like Derozan did if it ensured Ibaka also stayed here with him and Derozan for the the next 4-5 years. He already resigned once..and has been a 3 time all-star here and gone to the ECF's since signing that deal. I don't don't think he will want to go anywhere. He knows Ibaka gives him a better chance of winning here, I think he will help the team make that happen long term.

Depends on how the Raps do in the playoffs. If Boston excels and makes it to the ECF and can offer the max for Ibaka, he's going there.

that team is stacked. or going to be because the first rounder in the upcoming draft is going to be their future's future.

So apparently there's some unnamed Magic players who were happy to see Serge leave. Seems like he didn't gel with his teammates there. It probably had a lot to do with going to a contender to a bottom feeder. Maybe the decline in defence was really just Serge slacking? I'm hoping we're in for a surprise there.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast