Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Something seems to be wrong with "the process." Not one pitcher acquired by Dombrowski has made it more than a season without missing a significant chunk of time with an injury. The closest exceptions are Price, who made it through his poorest season before battling an elbow issue this ST, and Pomeranz, who probably would have gone to the DL had Sept call-ups not provided an option. The most telling action was probably opting not to reverse the Pomeranz deal when given the opportunity -- it suggests something about how he evaluates the medical information at the very least. I hope they bubblewrap Sale between starts... but even then his delivery could be an issue.

Wondering from a fantasy point of view, what's Prices out-look on that elbow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

It’s not exactly the ideal final-week-of-spring scenario. The primary goal of the conclusion of the spring – to break camp healthy and ready for the start of the season – is becoming compromised.

On Tuesday night, Josh Rutledge – seemingly in line to win a spot on the Sox’ bench as their utility infielder and a righthanded complement to both Pablo Sandoval and (until Hanley Ramirez can play first) Mitch Moreland – suffered a hamstring injury. He’s likely to open the year on the DL.

Ramirez has started throwing but still isn’t ready to play first base. Moreland was scratched from Wednesday’s lineup due to the flu, which has resulted in his quarantine from the clubhouse – an indication of the concern the team has that others might likewise be felled.
    Speier

I'm laughing a little bit about all this. Moreland getting the flu is symbolic of the start of the season. It's nothing long term. It's not likely to show up in a meaningful way when you look at the season stats next year. But, man, the timing of all this is insane. Just a friendly reminder that championships are won in October, not January.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Wondering from a fantasy point of view, what's Prices out-look on that elbow?

So let's go with a wild guess. Last year with his injury Carrasco put up a line of 11-8, 3.32ERA, 25GS, 150K, 146.1IP, 34BB, 18HR which was good for a 3.6FGWAR. I wouldn't be surprised with something like that as a ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Speier

I'm laughing a little bit about all this. Moreland getting the flu is symbolic of the start of the season. It's nothing long term. It's not likely to show up in a meaningful way when you look at the season stats next year. But, man, the timing of all this is insane. Just a friendly reminder that championships are won in October, not January.
    Rutledge was going to make the opening day roster over Hernandez?

Well, there's a blast from the past. Completely agree. I think Farrell's idea is to break up the RHB which makes a little sense.
    Haha yeah its been a few years.

I get the breaking up the left/right, I just don't see Moreland as an important piece to the lineup, especially not 5th in the batting order kind of guy. We'll see though...

So let's go with a wild guess. Last year with his injury Carrasco put up a line of 11-8, 3.32ERA, 25GS, 150K, 146.1IP, 34BB, 18HR which was good for a 3.6FGWAR. I wouldn't be surprised with something like that as a ceiling.
    I meant as far as when he would be back but I suppose that is just as well. Mostly sounds like it's still very much in the air.

Thanks for the reply.

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Just pulled the trigger on a 20-game package. Officially considered a season-ticket holder.

So ****ing pumped for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a 20-game package. Officially considered a season-ticket holder.

So ****ing pumped for baseball.
    I came in here to mention something about the exhibition game today, but congrats on the tickets. As an Oriole STH with 29, it's a great thing to have. If you're ever interested in a trade or would like good seats if you come down my way just to purchase, let me know.

Anyway, I was at the exhibition game, as I subcontract to the company that runs Naval Academy concessions. Great atmosphere, both teams were very respectful and I heard that the Red Sox toured the academy beforehand. We also got a chance to feed them before the game......just a really great event for the Annapolis community to host.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I came in here to mention something about the exhibition game today, but congrats on the tickets. As an Oriole STH with 29, it's a great thing to have. If you're ever interested in a trade or would like good seats if you come down my way just to purchase, let me know.

Anyway, I was at the exhibition game, as I subcontract to the company that runs Naval Academy concessions. Great atmosphere, both teams were very respectful and I heard that the Red Sox toured the academy beforehand. We also got a chance to feed them before the game......just a really great event for the Annapolis community to host.
    Awesome, will let you know if I'm ever headed down that way. Feel free to message me if you're ever coming up to Boston.

The amount of trash I talked yesterday about Tanaka's start being the worst Opening Day start in Yankee history is probably setting me up to eat serious crow today, but only 5 more hours!

Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    I meant as far as when he would be back but I suppose that is just as well. Mostly sounds like it's still very much in the air.

Thanks for the reply.

FWIW, I picked Carrasco as much because of his 25GS as anything else. That translates roughly to mid-May. Seems more optimistic now than when I originally posted it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345