Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,068
    Something seems to be wrong with "the process." Not one pitcher acquired by Dombrowski has made it more than a season without missing a significant chunk of time with an injury. The closest exceptions are Price, who made it through his poorest season before battling an elbow issue this ST, and Pomeranz, who probably would have gone to the DL had Sept call-ups not provided an option. The most telling action was probably opting not to reverse the Pomeranz deal when given the opportunity -- it suggests something about how he evaluates the medical information at the very least. I hope they bubblewrap Sale between starts... but even then his delivery could be an issue.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,412
    Wondering from a fantasy point of view, what's Prices out-look on that elbow?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,068
    It’s not exactly the ideal final-week-of-spring scenario. The primary goal of the conclusion of the spring – to break camp healthy and ready for the start of the season – is becoming compromised.

    On Tuesday night, Josh Rutledge – seemingly in line to win a spot on the Sox’ bench as their utility infielder and a righthanded complement to both Pablo Sandoval and (until Hanley Ramirez can play first) Mitch Moreland – suffered a hamstring injury. He’s likely to open the year on the DL.

    Ramirez has started throwing but still isn’t ready to play first base. Moreland was scratched from Wednesday’s lineup due to the flu, which has resulted in his quarantine from the clubhouse – an indication of the concern the team has that others might likewise be felled.
    Speier

    I'm laughing a little bit about all this. Moreland getting the flu is symbolic of the start of the season. It's nothing long term. It's not likely to show up in a meaningful way when you look at the season stats next year. But, man, the timing of all this is insane. Just a friendly reminder that championships are won in October, not January.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,068
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Wondering from a fantasy point of view, what's Prices out-look on that elbow?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So let's go with a wild guess. Last year with his injury Carrasco put up a line of 11-8, 3.32ERA, 25GS, 150K, 146.1IP, 34BB, 18HR which was good for a 3.6FGWAR. I wouldn't be surprised with something like that as a ceiling.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,798
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Speier

    I'm laughing a little bit about all this. Moreland getting the flu is symbolic of the start of the season. It's nothing long term. It's not likely to show up in a meaningful way when you look at the season stats next year. But, man, the timing of all this is insane. Just a friendly reminder that championships are won in October, not January.
    Rutledge was going to make the opening day roster over Hernandez?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    17,421
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Well, there's a blast from the past. Completely agree. I think Farrell's idea is to break up the RHB which makes a little sense.
    Haha yeah its been a few years.

    I get the breaking up the left/right, I just don't see Moreland as an important piece to the lineup, especially not 5th in the batting order kind of guy. We'll see though...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    So let's go with a wild guess. Last year with his injury Carrasco put up a line of 11-8, 3.32ERA, 25GS, 150K, 146.1IP, 34BB, 18HR which was good for a 3.6FGWAR. I wouldn't be surprised with something like that as a ceiling.
    I meant as far as when he would be back but I suppose that is just as well. Mostly sounds like it's still very much in the air.

    Thanks for the reply.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,672
    Just pulled the trigger on a 20-game package. Officially considered a season-ticket holder.

    So ****ing pumped for baseball.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a 20-game package. Officially considered a season-ticket holder.

    So ****ing pumped for baseball.
    I came in here to mention something about the exhibition game today, but congrats on the tickets. As an Oriole STH with 29, it's a great thing to have. If you're ever interested in a trade or would like good seats if you come down my way just to purchase, let me know.

    Anyway, I was at the exhibition game, as I subcontract to the company that runs Naval Academy concessions. Great atmosphere, both teams were very respectful and I heard that the Red Sox toured the academy beforehand. We also got a chance to feed them before the game......just a really great event for the Annapolis community to host.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I came in here to mention something about the exhibition game today, but congrats on the tickets. As an Oriole STH with 29, it's a great thing to have. If you're ever interested in a trade or would like good seats if you come down my way just to purchase, let me know.

    Anyway, I was at the exhibition game, as I subcontract to the company that runs Naval Academy concessions. Great atmosphere, both teams were very respectful and I heard that the Red Sox toured the academy beforehand. We also got a chance to feed them before the game......just a really great event for the Annapolis community to host.
    Awesome, will let you know if I'm ever headed down that way. Feel free to message me if you're ever coming up to Boston.

    The amount of trash I talked yesterday about Tanaka's start being the worst Opening Day start in Yankee history is probably setting me up to eat serious crow today, but only 5 more hours!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,798
    Let's go!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,068
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    I meant as far as when he would be back but I suppose that is just as well. Mostly sounds like it's still very much in the air.

    Thanks for the reply.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FWIW, I picked Carrasco as much because of his 25GS as anything else. That translates roughly to mid-May. Seems more optimistic now than when I originally posted it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •