Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It's been 3-4 seasons we have needed a pf. What gives, why can't we adress this position. We're not asking for Anthony Davis or Kevin Love here but I think in the 4 seasons there could have been better 4s to attain than Scola and Sullinger.
    Overall, I trust Ujiri and would be 100% against the team getting rid of him after the season. I am starting to jump ship on Casey though, since I blame a lot of these losses on him putting odd combinations of players on the floor and going to a very one-dimensional play book in the last 5-8 minutes of these games.

However, I do agree, as a glaring negative to Ujiri, that the PF position has been an obvious hole for this team since he got here, and it does seem like he's got to do better than the re-treads he's given us and the supremely raw talent that may or may not be good in 2-3 years. We need a starting caliber PF who's good right now. It doesn't need to be a superstar, but just a solid player, and a GM should be able to make something happen with our glut of assets. We'll see this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I have to laugh. Honestly, the team on the floor IS the team he inherited. Aside from the players he's drafted, this is basically the same team. People need to wake up and see what's really going on here. We have a gm who's afraid to take a risk. The rest of your post is just excuses for his failure to take risks and be creative.
    Well what is a GM supposed to do. The team kept winning more games each consecutive season. With this core. Lol.

The GM is being smart and doesn't want to get fleeced himself. Or how u put it: a GM who's afraid to a risk. This actually might be the first time in 4 years where's he actually might have to make a move. He traded Rudy Gay. Big move. Signed Carroll. Remember he had a deal to make a move for Millsap in the offseason.

Just because he's not doing anything to appease you at this very moment doesn't mean he's afraid to make the big move.

What a load of crap from some of these "fans"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to laugh. Honestly, the team on the floor IS the team he inherited. Aside from the players he's drafted, this is basically the same team. People need to wake up and see what's really going on here. We have a gm who's afraid to take a risk. The rest of your post is just excuses for his failure to take risks and be creative.
    He's certainly been creative. He realizes that when he makes a draft pick he isn't losing, he's keeping pace. The only way to burn assets is to make a bad trade or lose a key FA. 2 things he hasn't done.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Well what is a GM supposed to do. The team kept winning more games each consecutive season. With this core. Lol.

The GM is being smart and doesn't want to get fleeced himself. Or how u put it: a GM who's afraid to a risk. This actually might be the first time in 4 years where's he actually might have to make a move. He traded Rudy Gay. Big move. Signed Carroll. Remember he had a deal to make a move for Millsap in the offseason.

Just because he's not doing anything to appease you at this very moment doesn't mean he's afraid to make the big move.

What a load of crap from some of these "fans"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agreed

Its not like any other team is that interested in anyone but derozen or lowry on our team. Being realistic we dont really have other pieces that would make any sort of difference to other teams in the nba. What do you expect other owners to do trade us a big piece for our trash? ibaka / milsap / demarcus those guys are serious pieces and dont equal = val / ross / or whoever else we would package off. Our fans are true homers in a lot of ways, many just watch raptors and dont have a concept of the rest of the teams rosters in the nba. Might be because they also watch leafs / hockey and don't have the time or care. Nothing wrong with that, they just shouldn't start chirping / expect our gm to make a serious game changing trade without potential for going into a rebuild situation.

There is only 4 players he inherited and all 4 of them are on different contracts than the ones he "inherited" when he was hired. The 2 most important of those 4 resigned as UFA when both player and management had the opportunity to look elsewhere. Lowry and to a lesser extent DeRozan also have taken significant developmental strides since he has arrived. This isn't BC's team anymore. I understand that argument 2 years ago, but it is ridiculous now.

I've been saying this all time, this GM wants to win every deal on the table. He'd rather fleece someone than getting fooled to give up assets (he thinks his every asset has a ridiculous upside).

That being said, I would take Masai for any other GMs out there IF the existing talents have greater potentials. I mean if he owns top five future first round picks and if they are already grooming one generational player or players then I would expect him to remain as conservative as he should be.

But not in this case. So he has to make a choice. He is in a fork right now and may be in a dilemma on which route to take. He has to free up so much cap space for Lowry and a starting Power Forward this offseason.

Otherwise just try to stay put, assess how far this team can go in the playoffs and if it fails then I think he should consider starting a rebuild by trading Derozan to start with, fire the coach, totally changing the culture of POOR IQ BASKETBALL and promote team ball with exceptional defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I've been saying this all time, this GM wants to win every deal on the table. He'd rather fleece someone than getting fooled to give up assets (he thinks his every asset has a ridiculous upside).

That being said, I would take Masai for any other GMs out there IF the existing talents have greater potentials. I mean if he owns top five future first round picks and if they are already grooming one generational player or players then I would expect him to remain as conservative as he should be.

But not in this case. So he has to make a choice. He is in a fork right now and may be in a dilemma on which route to take. He has to free up so much cap space for Lowry and a starting Power Forward this offseason.

Otherwise just try to stay put, assess how far this team can go in the playoffs and if it fails then I think he should consider starting a rebuild by trading Derozan to start with, fire the coach, totally changing the culture of POOR IQ BASKETBALL and promote team ball with exceptional defense.
    i rather have the GM win all his deals than getting fleeced. Remember Babcock with his one sided deal with Vince Carter. lol i think overall, other than Babcock, most of the GMs in Toronto have had decent success in trades.

i rather have the GM win all his deals than getting fleeced. Remember Babcock with his one sided deal with Vince Carter. lol i think overall, other than Babcock, most of the GMs in Toronto have had decent success in trades.
    Unfortunately, some of the GMs out there have the same mentality as Masai. Maybe Coach Bud hang up the phone thinking that Masai may pull a fast one on him. .

We don't even know if a deal is won or not, on paper it could be good but it's more of a fit of that new player. Hindsight is 20/20.

I however seem to think that Masai cannot take that leap because something is preventing him and I suspect that he always overrates his existing assets. That's just me or I just could be wrong.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 02-14-2017 at 12:07 PM.

AND THERE YOU GO. IBAKA is a Raptor.

T Ross and 2017 1st for Ibaka

Cavs announce Kevin Love will miss six weeks after having a loose body removed from his left knee during arthroscopic surgery.
    My thoughts...what if Masai offered more assets and was suffice enough to the liking of Coach Bud, we would probably obtain Millsap way before Atlanta changed their minds.

This new development with the Cavs may also have change the dynamics of the East.

We look back on this months from now and we may say that Masai just totally missed the boat.

My thoughts...what if Masai offered more assets and was suffice enough to the liking of Coach Bud, we would probably obtain Millsap way before Atlanta changed their minds.

This new development with the Cavs may also have change the dynamics of the East.

We look back on this months from now and we may say that Masai just totally missed the boat.
    we got Ibaka just now.

Then I was late, **** you Korean cabbage

we got Ibaka just now.
    This would lessen the burden.

I like the move

Then I was late, **** you Korean cabbage
    new development alright.

coincidence Love goes go down and we get a PF? LOL

this deal looks good on the surface for TOR, but is it really?

Can Ibaka and Val play together in today's game? Seems like a slow team.

Ibaka at the 5 is a better lineup probably, but you lose Ross who was a good piece for a small ball lineup and provided elite 3pt shooting.

Ibaka could be a rental, do you pay him $20-25m this summer? He's really not the same player and seems much older than 27. reminds me of Deng who peaked at 28 and then went down hill.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast