Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Raiders extend Jack Del Rio's contract. Now has 4 year deal

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 10s10 seconds ago
    Raiders have given Jack Del Rio a new four year contract. Tore up old deal.

Never Forget

“The Raiders have torn up Jack Del Rio’s original contract and rewarded him with a new four-year deal. We are excited to continue building on the strong foundation that has been established and this is a significant step in achieving that goal.” – Raiders Owner Mark Davis

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...0?sf55705580=1

Never Forget

Just got this notification. Finally, Stability!

Still don't like Del Rio's decision to keep Norton and move on from Musgrave. I hope I'm wrong but this could hurt us big time next season.

Good move. Instead of extending his current deal we tore it up and gave him a new four year deal. It shows the Raiders will reward people for doing a good job. Four years isn't too long either. Stability starts with three positions in my opinion GM, HC and QB. It appears we are set at all three.

Way too early for this. This season was more than I expected from a record stand point. Jack showed he belongs as a HC but let's be real here it's one season. We need more than one season before we reward him with a new contract. Not saying he's not worth it but he still has to show consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Way too early for this. This season was more than I expected from a record stand point. Jack showed he belongs as a HC but let's be real here it's one season. We need more than one season before we reward him with a new contract. Not saying he's not worth it but he still has to show consistency.
    I agree completely

Why was it too soon? He has improved the team two years in a row. The Raiders were 3-13 the year before he was hired. Jack went from 3-13 to 7-9 to 12-4. You can see the level of respect the team has for him it was the exact opposite with Dennis Allen. He has brought in better assistants than previous coaches so it's obvious he has decent connections.

After the **** we have paraded out for over a decade, I can't believe any Raiders would complain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    After the **** we have paraded out for over a decade, I can't believe any Raiders would complain.

Agreed, but after a decade plus of disappointment, some are still skeptical. I trust in Captain Jack's message and believe that he was a good fit. We'll keep working hard and getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

This is PSD, stupid happens

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Still don't like Del Rio's decision to keep Norton and move on from Musgrave. I hope I'm wrong but this could hurt us big time next season.
    He demoted him and brought in his replacement. I don't see what the problem is. KNJ isnt calling plays and game planning. He replaced KNJ with Pagano and kept KNJ because the team likes him. That's best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    Why was it too soon? He has improved the team two years in a row. The Raiders were 3-13 the year before he was hired. Jack went from 3-13 to 7-9 to 12-4. You can see the level of respect the team has for him it was the exact opposite with Dennis Allen. He has brought in better assistants than previous coaches so it's obvious he has decent connections.
    Again not saying he isn't worth it not saying he's doing a bad job but he's doing what he's suppose to do and expected to do. Jack was expected to make this team better he was expected to win games. Yes he went beyond what we expected but let's give it another year before we reward him. Ask chip Kelly had two winning season now out of the league.

The difference is Chip Kelly is a dick. Jack is a ****ing pimp. He's the right guy for the job. He replaced both coordinators with an upgrade essentially and has a bond with Mack and Carr. He believes in them, and they believe in him. Signing all three for the next 4+ years is not a bad thing. It's time to start the dynasty.

It's time to start the dynasty

I love the sound of that...mind if I use it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast