Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just look at my prediction

Which? They both seem wrong lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

At least AA is showing he's more than a 4th/5th OFer like I hoped he would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Y'all are too caught up in the record. This season has gone fine from a rebuilding perspective. Decisions have (probably) been made regarding several key players like Tommy Joseph and Maikel Franco. The one downside is that Doobie and Hernandez have slid from building block to question mark. Which basically leaves the club with Aaron Nola and and 24 question marks.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

How isn't Franco a downside? I also don't think Tommy Joseph was ever a key player as I highly doubt they ever though of him as a long-termer.

Hernandez, Herrera, and Franco are huge let downs right now but they are young enough and controlled enough to warrant a couple more years of evaluation.

Klentak was on 97.5 the other day and even though Mikey Mis didn't like what he was saying, I loved it. He is taken a very analytical approach and said that specifically about Franco being unlucky. Now, as much as I love the analytics, sometimes the bad luck can become regularities so Franco could just be this hitter but at a hair under 25 I'll still give the guy some room. He has a decent enough walk rate, a good K rate, and solid power. I'll hold onto the hope for him a little longer.

I never had Hernandez as a key part but he came on nicely. I still, especially with Kingery, see Hernandez on the move either at the deadline or this off-season.

I didn't expect them to be pushing for a playoff spot but I expected mroe than just Aaron Altherr showing growth. The second half, non record wise, is going to be important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Which? They both seem wrong lol
    LOL caps

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    How isn't Franco a downside? I also don't think Tommy Joseph was ever a key player as I highly doubt they ever though of him as a long-termer.

Hernandez, Herrera, and Franco are huge let downs right now but they are young enough and controlled enough to warrant a couple more years of evaluation.

Klentak was on 97.5 the other day and even though Mikey Mis didn't like what he was saying, I loved it. He is taken a very analytical approach and said that specifically about Franco being unlucky. Now, as much as I love the analytics, sometimes the bad luck can become regularities so Franco could just be this hitter but at a hair under 25 I'll still give the guy some room. He has a decent enough walk rate, a good K rate, and solid power. I'll hold onto the hope for him a little longer.

I never had Hernandez as a key part but he came on nicely. I still, especially with Kingery, see Hernandez on the move either at the deadline or this off-season.

I didn't expect them to be pushing for a playoff spot but I expected mroe than just Aaron Altherr showing growth. The second half, non record wise, is going to be important.
    There was always a chance Joseph might build upon his 2016 breakout. You have to realize just how little time he spent hitting in the immediately preceding years. He probably wasn't going to be a building block, but there was always a greater than 10 percent chance that he could improve into one. There's still a chance he could learn to be more selective while posting 40 HR power - now it's just less likely.

Nothing has changed with Franco. We always knew he was going to be a long term project - probably one with which the Phillies won't/can't have the necessary patience. He's actually slightly improved as a hitter, but a .215 BABIP is hiding it. The one issue I see is his soft contact rate - it's always been very high. That's the next thing he'll need to work on - the key is probably swinging at fewer pitches outside of the strike zone and accepting a 20% K rate.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12