Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Season of Growth? Hopefully.

I'm definitely going to watch more games this season as opposed to the last few seasons mainly because I want to see the growth of our young guys.

Hopefully this is where we really start to see progress and the turn-around.

Alfaro, Williams, Crawford could be guys we see up before the year ends.

Quinn might be up sooner than later barring injury.

I want to see what VV, Nola, Eflin, Eickhoff, et al do. Would love to see Hellickson, Bucc, and Saunders regain status and either propel the team to relevance () or show something to gain a nice return at the deadline.

See if Herrera and Franco get better. See if TJ is for real. Maybe AA is more than a 4th/5th outfielder?

Not a team to be super excited about but definitely a glimpse of excitement I could see being unearthed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I want to get down to Allentown too. That team should be amazing.

I'm worried about Williams, he could be something a la Domonic Brown.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Dom Brown was briefly THE top overall prospect. Williams isn't even a top 50 guy. Some evaluators don't consider him a top 100 or 150 guy.

At this point, Williams aspires to be Brown. Fortunately, it's not as if the Phillies' rebuild is dependent upon him. He's not even a top 10 prospect in the system per Longenhagen. It would certainly be nice if he figures things out soon.

Williams reminds me of Adam Jones. He might benefit from studying Jones' weird MLB success.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-3...phia-phillies/
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Ugh

- I love Ray Lewis.

That also speaks to the quality of the system. He's still extremely athletic so he could breakout to a star ceiling if something clicks.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Darin Ruf is going to Asia. I forget if it was NPB or KBO.

It's a big year for us KJ.....
    No Ryan Howard.
    He's been on our team since I was a junior in HS stealing burritos, and just buying my first Nokia phone. We have reached a new epoch.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    No Ryan Howard.
    He's been on our team since I was a junior in HS stealing burritos, and just buying my first Nokia phone. We have reached a new epoch.
    I think that's why this year excites me a bit. As much as I loved that core, it's great to see a new one, hopefully, grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I want to see who is going to step up and become the leader this year. Hopefully Buchholz, Hellickson, Saunders, and Kendrick have career years and increase their trade value or even want to resign here if they are only on a 1 year contract. Hoping Crawford makes the team but another year of AAA won't hurt either.

I really hope you guys are right. Being someone who survived the late 80's through the early 00's, this period feels all too familiar to me. I want to be excited, but I've been hurt too many times by "what ifs". Granted I'm going simply by my gut, I don't feel the same confidence with these guys as I did when the the Big Five were in the wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I just don't think the Phillies ever had farm depth like they do now back during that time. Farms weren't valued as much as they are now either. They also had quite a few incompetent people running the show at that time too (more into the 90s/00s which is where I grew up). I'm not overly impressed with this group and do have a slight fear of seeing the 00s of Schilling, Rolen, early Burrell and Rollins with absolutely nothing else but I think the depth is a lot better here and the FO is more willing to pay out smart money when needed.

My money to breakthrough is on Zach Efflin

- I love Ray Lewis.

We have the young pitching. Now let's just hope the young offense is able to produce. As long as there is improvement in this lineup I'll be fine with the direction of this team.
    Who will have a better draft? Sixers, Eagles, Flyers, or Phillies?

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    No Ryan Howard.
    Just an update....

It's not a big year for us.

That's all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast