Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Boston Bruins Standing Watch

Just thought it'd be nice to have a section to keep everyone updated on where we stand and who still has games in hand. This is how we look...

***Updated as of 3/29/17 Games***

Atlantic Division
    1. MTL - 95pts
    2. OTT - 91pts +1
    3. TOR - 87pts +1

Wild Card Battle
    1. NYR - 97pts
    2. BOS - 86pts
    3. TBL - 83pts +1
    4. NYI - 82pts +1
    5. CAR - 82pts +1
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 03-30-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Points per game:

NYI: 1.12
    PHI: 1.0727
    BOS: 1.0714
    CAR: 1.0577
    FLA: 1.0566

So while we do currently have the 8th spot, the Islanders should surpass us when they catch up. They are currently 2 points behind with 4 games in hand. Really a toss up with the Flyers right now. Flyers are inconsistent as we are. I'm more concerned with Florida making a push than Philly.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

**UPDATED**

Tonight's Game of Interest

DET @ CBJ - As I write this its 2-1 CBJ with about 2 min left in the 3rd. CBJ are looking pretty good for a playoff spot so a DET loss just helps keep us safe.

DET LOSS : 2-1

TBL @ WPG - TBL is kinda of like DET in that we just need them to lose those games that they have in hand. TBL certainly has the star power to take down WPG, but lets hope WPG pulls it out.

TBL WIN: 4-1

BUF @ TOR - TOR is 1 pts behind w/ 4 games in hand. BUF is down in the dumps sandwiched between TBL & BUF, so a BUF loss may pull them up, but it'll keep TOR down.

TOR WIN: 3-1

MTL @ STL - MTL is currently 8pts ahead in the standings, but a pair of losses with a pair of B's wins could swing that 6pts and erase the games in hand. Boston would still have a battle, but it makes it doable. Good news is MTL is playing in STL and will have to travel tonight. Lets hope for a nice hard psychical game.

MTL LOSS: 4-2
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 02-11-2017 at 11:01 PM.

B's might just do enough for management to buy at the deadline, just so we can play washington first round.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    B's might just do enough for management to buy at the deadline, just so we can play washington first round.
    I could so this going either way, but I think more has to do with the remaining games heading into the deadline. We have 6 games remaining w/ 4 of those being against Western Conference playoff teams and 1 Eastern Conference playoff team.

If we manage to win at least 4 of those games, then yes I could see Sweeney buying. The team will have have started (at worst) 6-2 under Cassidy, which would probably make the B's buyers. I still don't think Sweeney would take a pure rental and would still prefer longer-term moves.

Now if we struggle against these 5 playoff teams and go 1-5 on the trip, Sweeney will probably be more of a seller. At that point you know you don't really stack up with the West and right now it's the East that might have the best teams.

The wild card in all this though is what the other teams do. The gap to make the playoffs will play a HUGE factor in what Sweeney does. If we're 4-8 pts above and the GIH are close, he'll probably buy. If we're still bubbling and other teams have a lot of GIH, maybe he sells.

DET and NJ both have lost earlier this afternoon, which his a huge help to Boston. They are still in striking distance, but with 1-2 games in hand it'll be tough. Remaining games tonight

COL vs NYI - The Islanders are facing off against the Av's tonight before the B's game. The Islanders are right on our heels had have 4 games in hand, so a NYI lost with a BOS will improve our chances. Have to figure that the Isles have a good shot of winning as the Av's have packed it in

NYI WIN: 5-1

VAN vs BUF - Doesn't look like a good match-up for the B's. Buffalo has been solid at home this year and Vancouver has been terrible on the road. Top all that w/ Vancouver coming off a game against Boston yesterday and it puts Buffalo in the drivers seat. Now Buffalo played yesterday as well, but they picked up a win against Toronto. A Buffalo win could put them in the 10-12 range

VAN WIN: 4-2
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 02-12-2017 at 11:34 PM.

No key games tomorrow night. There is a good Eastern Conference game between CJB & NYR. No major effect on the bubble teams, unless you prefer one of the other in the playoffs.

Cehlarik was the Bruins 9th player to make their NHL debut this season.

Sticky'd. Keep updating us OneMan!

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Sticky'd. Keep updating us OneMan!
    Its funny, but I meant to ask you to sticky it and complete forgot. These Av's/Bruins rumors are out of the control in some part of the hockey forum world lol.

Tonight's docket should have some good games that'll impact the Eastern Conference Standings. Here is what we have on tap for tonight.

COL @ NJD - Obviously we'd be pulling for COL in this game, but as bad as they are you have to call it a coin flip. Both teams have 2 wins over their last 10 games and both are sitting on 3 game losing streaks. It's going be interesting to say the least.

NYI @ TOR - Currently tied in points at 61 this game a lot of playoff implications. The Islanders have 2 games in hand while the Leafs have 4 games in hand. I'd rather see the Islander take this one as I see them as less of a threat, plus it would take away a GIH for TOR while gaining zero ground on the Bruins.

BUF @ OTT - COME ON BUFFALO!!! Ottawa is right in the think of things w/ the Bruins and have 5 games in hand, so a Ottawa loss is huge for us. The bad new is Ottawa as been pretty solid at home and Buffalo has been pretty bad on the road lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Pardon but what?

I thought the cross over rule was in effect only if 2 teams from the same divison make the playoffs through the wild card. So boston will either face ott or mtl right now
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Pardon but what?

I thought the cross over rule was in effect only if 2 teams from the same divison make the playoffs through the wild card. So boston will either face ott or mtl right now
    You are correct sir

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    You are correct sir
    If thats the case....i woukd not go all in on trade deadline but you know our divisin is so bad we could actually have a run till the conference finals anyway.

T.o and ott have been so inconsistent. I wish they would have played those 4 extra games by now

Also sorry one man but ill change how you have the standing broken down so it is more in line with how the playoffs are setup
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 02-14-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    If thats the case....i woukd not go all in on trade deadline but you know our divisin is so bad we could actually have a run till the conference finals anyway.

T.o and ott have been so inconsistent. I wish they would have played those 4 extra games by now

Also sorry one man but ill change how you have the standing broken down so it is more in line with how the playoffs are setup
    huh?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast