Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 267
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    The Giants caught most off guard when they traded Matt Duffy, it really wasn't expected. Now I figured Arroyo was eventually going to be the everyday 3B if he wasn't traded, but dealing Duffy skyrocketed Arroyo's place in this organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Yup. Arroyo better pan out or we're ****ed.
    You gotta figure that was all part of the plan. Duffy got us Moore when we needed pitching, he was expendable with Arroyo in the wings. Nunez was a stop-gap until Arroyo is ready to step in at full time 3B. From what I've heard/read about Arroyo he's legit. Hopefully he matures into another great part of our homegrown infield thing we got going on here.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Baseball Heaven
    Posts
    1,694
    Cain a little better this time around, but still too easy to hit.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,642
    Shark is having a good spring. His home run pitch is already at mid-season form.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    9,126
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Shark is having a good spring. His home run pitch is already at mid-season form.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,189
    Arroyo gone but he'll be back.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Shark is having a good spring. His home run pitch is already at mid-season form.
    Seems like Raggs just can't fix him. Is it pitching philosophy, he wants to throw what he wants and guesses wrong or something else? Maybe he's just a guy with potential but just can't get any better. Lots of guys were like that.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    32,472
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Seems like Raggs just can't fix him. Is it pitching philosophy, he wants to throw what he wants and guesses wrong or something else? Maybe he's just a guy with potential but just can't get any better. Lots of guys were like that.
    I'm not worried. Pitchers are still working on things. Last year Bum had an ERA of 11.12 and Cueto a 9.58 ERA. Of course they didn't have prolonged issues like Samardzija, but he pitched well in the second half which gives me some optimism.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,003
    Yeah, Shark isn't much of a concern for me either. Solid innings eater that can have an ace like game here and there.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, Shark isn't much of a concern for me either. Solid innings eater that can have an ace like game here and there.
    Well Spliff, I'm hoping for first half of '16 Shark. He was tearing it up.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,003
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Well Spliff, I'm hoping for first half of '16 Shark. He was tearing it up.
    Shark was arguably just as good in the second half of the season as the first actually. He had a rough June and July but was otherwise a very valuable member of the starting rotation.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    26,845
    I can't wait to see what prospect we trade for BP help because we refused to spend $2 million on some depth.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  12. #177
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,003
    We definitely should have gotten more bullpen help. I think it was kinda dumb to let Romo sign with the Dodgers for so cheap.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I can't wait to see what prospect we trade for BP help because we refused to spend $2 million on some depth.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked the giants spent a lot of money on depth. That's why they have like 30 infielders fighting for 2 spots. #AllTheInfielders

  14. #179
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,003
    Last time I checked downsos was quite obviously referring to money spent on the bullpen.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Last time I checked the giants spent a lot of money on depth. That's why they have like 30 infielders fighting for 2 spots. #AllTheInfielders
    Wasn't it you that initiated a ban on these types of sarcastic hash mark quips in your Dodgers forum?
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •