Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm not worried. Pitchers are still working on things. Last year Bum had an ERA of 11.12 and Cueto a 9.58 ERA. Of course they didn't have prolonged issues like Samardzija, but he pitched well in the second half which gives me some optimism.
    Not particularly worried, but that home run pitch was one of the things I was hoping he was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, Shark isn't much of a concern for me either. Solid innings eater that can have an ace like game here and there.
    Yup, Bum, JC, Shark, and Moore are a pretty solid 1 thru 4. And agreed, Shark is capable of throwing the odd gem now and again.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Wasn't it you that initiated a ban on these types of sarcastic hash mark quips in your Dodgers forum?
    Yeah, it was. Dude can't help but troll and is even more emboldened by the fact that no fellow mods do a damn thing about it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I've learned how to ignore trolls. I just wish this site would actually give a **** and take away mod powers or just ban them outright. It's part of why so many people have left this site or don't post nearly as often anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

We definitely should have gotten more bullpen help. I think it was kinda dumb to let Romo sign with the Dodgers for so cheap.
    It's just stupid. It's smarter to load up on BP depth because somebody always gets injured. Now it's Smith and who knows when he's coming back and instead of resigning Romo or picking up one of the many cheap relievers that are out there we will trade a prospect that would had saved money over the long run with a cheap contract because we refused to spend a little extra. The BP looked better with Melancon but all it takes is one injury to make guys pitch in situations they shouldn't be and we've already got that injury with Smith.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Yeah, the Smith thing bothers me too. Any results from the second MRI?

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Wasn't it you that initiated a ban on these types of sarcastic hash mark quips in your Dodgers forum?
    Not quite like that, the ones I banned were hashtags that were being done as a way to actively attack other posters or get around the censors. Such as #FilihokIsPoop or #CussWord. That is what I banned and that's still in effect there. Nothing has changed.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...New-forum-rule
    Here's a refresher on that rule that applies only to the dodger forum.
    Last edited by ciaban; 03-21-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    It's just stupid. It's smarter to load up on BP depth because somebody always gets injured. Now it's Smith and who knows when he's coming back and instead of resigning Romo or picking up one of the many cheap relievers that are out there we will trade a prospect that would had saved money over the long run with a cheap contract because we refused to spend a little extra. The BP looked better with Melancon but all it takes is one injury to make guys pitch in situations they shouldn't be and we've already got that injury with Smith.

If your going down that road then you need to also adress the giants lack of viable starting pitching too. Last year the giants were one of the more fortunatate teams when it came to injuries to their starting rotation. (not the most, that was the cubs by a mile) if there are a pair of even small injuries, who do the giants go to for their 5th starter role? Like Lets say both Cain and Blach have to go on the DL at the start of the season for small injuries. Who's the 5th starter?

I've learned how to ignore trolls. I just wish this site would actually give a **** and take away mod powers or just ban them outright. It's part of why so many people have left this site or don't post nearly as often anymore.

At least @ me next time.

In the Giants defense, they did re-sign Reynolds as well as added Hernandez & Ramirez all of which have major league expierence. I know they don't sound like flashy names, but they are depth options and they usually get lucky with a guy like that every year.

If Smith misses significant time Osich & Okert are going to need to step up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    In the Giants defense, they did re-sign Reynolds as well as added Hernandez & Ramirez all of which have major league expierence. I know they don't sound like flashy names, but they are depth options and they usually get lucky with a guy like that every year.

If Smith misses significant time Osich & Okert are going to need to step up big time.
    I think that's something a lot of people forget is that both Osich and Okert have pretty electric arms. Obviously it's no fun that Smith's elbow is barking but the giants will probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    If your going down that road then you need to also adress the giants lack of viable starting pitching too. Last year the giants were one of the more fortunatate teams when it came to injuries to their starting rotation. (not the most, that was the cubs by a mile) if there are a pair of even small injuries, who do the giants go to for their 5th starter role? Like Lets say both Cain and Blach have to go on the DL at the start of the season for small injuries. Who's the 5th starter?
    Yeah....you're the one that keeps bringing up Beede as a better rotation option. Not every team needs (or has the budget) for 10+ injury prone, mediocre, veteran SP's to choose from.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Sound like another Tommy John for Smith. Probably done for the year but a chance for someone else to step up. Any way you look at it, not good for the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Sound like another Tommy John for Smith. Probably done for the year but a chance for someone else to step up. Any way you look at it, not good for the pen.
    sounds like we need another reliever for this year
    http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article...s-11017194.php

God damn it.

Yeah....you're the one that keeps bringing up Beede as a better rotation option. Not every team needs (or has the budget) for 10+ injury prone, mediocre, veteran SP's to choose from.
    And I'm not backing down from that. He likely will be a better pitcher than Cain or Blach in the Short or Long run. (Not that I'm comparing him career wise to Cain that's a different story). But you guys keep insisting that he's not in play. So I'll have to take your word for it.
    Yeah, but a team should have more than 1 since the AVERAGE team used 11 starters last year I believe.
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/215313...for-mlb-teams/
    Last season marked the fourth in a row in which no team got through 162 games using six or fewer starters. Only the postseason-bound Blue Jays went with seven, and on the other end of the spectrum, the rebuilding Braves trotted out 16 pitchers. Overall, big league clubs averaged 11.1
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163495...itching-depth/
    Let's go back to 1998, the year when MLB expanded to 30 clubs. That provides a sample of 18 seasons. Over that time, the greatest number of teams (107) used 10 starters, with an overall average of 10.3. Meanwhile, just 14 teams -- or not even one per year -- needed six starters or fewer. The last to do so was the 2013 Tigers.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast