Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Redskins C Kory Lichtensteiger is retiring.

Falcons promote DB coach Marquand Manuel to defensive coordinator.

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 19s20 seconds ago
    Source confirms @JasonLaCanfora report that #Eagles will pursue Alshon Jeffrey. Per source, count #49ers as having strong interest as well.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Source confirms @JasonLaCanfora report that #Eagles will pursue Alshon Jeffrey. Per source, count #49ers as having strong interest as well.
    Get it done Howie!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Is that a cap space move or what? Haushka might not be the best, but he's definitely better than Walsh, and they're both fairly young so it's not an age thing.
    Watch Walsh be good it's like the reverse of what happens when we get a player with promise from the Vikings.

Probably an insurance signing in case Haushka gets more money else were.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-12-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Former nfl de Quentin Moses died in a fire in ga.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Former nfl de Quentin Moses died in a fire in ga.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    I had heard that he passed away from a snippet on the radio but not that it was from a fire. I was wondering how he could have died so young.

I was in a serious home fire and it was traumatic just being in one. I can't imagine getting stuck in one or losing somebody in one.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I'm seeing the Eagles as being interested in all these big name players at multiple positions. Then I go look on spotrac and see them with only $11 million in cap space.

So I'm guessing my question is who are the players that they apparently must be getting ready to dump.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I'm seeing the Eagles as being interested in all these big name players at multiple positions. Then I go look on spotrac and see them with only $11 million in cap space.

So I'm guessing my question is who are the players that they apparently must be getting ready to dump.
    - Connor Barwin is expected to get cut (frees up $7.75M)
    - Ryan Mathews probably will be cut (frees up $4M)
    - Rumor is Jason Kelce is going to get cut or traded (another $3.8M)
    - Re-structuring Jason Peters' contract is being discussed ($9.7M of $11.7M cap hit non-guaranteed)

Those are the biggest possible changes.

I also expected the Eagles to be quiet this offseason, but that's not how Howie Roseman operates. I don't think we'll ever get a comp. pick as long as he is GM. We'll probably be in play again for some quality players like Brandon Brooks and Rodney McLeod this year, with the cost that entails. Howie never offers contracts with a lot of guarantees going beyond the first two years, so what ends up happening is we also release decent players because of their bloated salaries every year.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-13-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    - Connor Barwin is expected to get cut (frees up $7.75M)
    - Ryan Mathews probably will be cut (frees up $4M)
    - Rumor is Jason Kelce is going to get cut or traded (another $3.8M)
    - Re-structuring Jason Peters' contract is being discussed ($9.7M of $11.7M cap hit non-guaranteed)

Those are the biggest possible changes.

I also expected the Eagles to be quiet this offseason, but that's not how Howie Roseman operates. I don't think we'll ever get a comp. pick as long as he is GM. We'll probably be in play again for some quality players like Brandon Brooks and Rodney McLeod this year, with the cost that entails. Howie never offers contracts with a lot of guarantees going beyond the first two years, so what ends up happening is we also release decent players because of their bloated salaries every year.
    How does Alshon Jeffery and his 10 games a year help that secondary?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Because showing interest in a WR means they won't attempt to improve elsewhere?

Patriots reaching out to Texans regarding QB Garappolo

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I was in a serious home fire and it was traumatic just being in one. I can't imagine getting stuck in one or losing somebody in one.
    I lost my sister in a house fire when she was visiting for the weekend from nursing school in 1984. She was 22 and I was 16. It happened in the middle of the night, so you have to go from full sleep to finding your way out of the house. I'm not trying to be funny, but it gets so hot that it feels like you got shrunk down to six inches tall and you're in an oven. Quentin Moses was an obscure player who I only remember from looking at depth charts. But it doesn't make the story any less tragic.

Vikings release G Brandon Fusco.

The Eagles plan to trade OLB Mychal Kendricks. They may have to replace him with a free agent, since this draft is pretty barren of 4-3 LBs.

As for Steven Hauschka, the Seattle Times says that he's a free agent and the Seahawks don't plan to re-sign him. I don't know why they went after a failed kicker so quickly instead of seeing if they can draft Zane Gonzalez from ASU.

The longer extra points are being problematic for some kickers. Stephen Gostkowski is in a bit of trouble in New England for missing XPs, including in the Super Bowl. If NE cuts ties with Gostkowski, he would have to kick for a team with less than a 99% chance of winning the Super Bowl next season. (What happened to parity?)
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 02-13-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I lost my sister in a house fire when she was visiting for the weekend from nursing school in 1984. She was 22 and I was 16. It happened in the middle of the night, so you have to go from full sleep to finding your way out of the house. I'm not trying to be funny, but it gets so hot that it feels like you got shrunk down to six inches tall and you're in an oven. Quentin Moses was an obscure player who I only remember from looking at depth charts. But it doesn't make the story any less tragic.

Vikings release G Brandon Fusco.

The Eagles plan to trade OLB Mychal Kendricks. They may have to replace him with a free agent, since this draft is pretty barren of 4-3 LBs.

As for Steven Hauschka, the Seattle Times says that he's a free agent and the Seahawks don't plan to re-sign him. I don't know why they went after a failed kicker so quickly instead of seeing if they can draft Zane Gonzalez from ASU.

The longer extra points are being problematic for some kickers. Stephen Gostkowski is in a bit of trouble in New England for missing XPs, including in the Super Bowl. If NE cuts ties with Gostkowski, he would have to kick for a team with less than a 99% chance of winning the Super Bowl next season. (What happened to parity?)
    Kickers are so volatile though. Caleb Sturgis was out to pasture, and came in and had a terrific season. Hell, Cody Parkey was great for a year. Walsh could certainly come in and have a great season as well.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    Patriots reaching out to Texans regarding QB Garappolo
    How are they going to pay Jimmy with Brock Osweiler eating up all the cap space? The fact that the above sentence says "Patriots reaching out to Texans" instead of the other way around is pretty funny. It implies that Belichick feels sorry for Bill O'Brien, his former offensive coordinator. He probably does.

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast