Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    There are 4-6 Long's in the league, Pats will just sign another one.

Butler mad? He can still be signed fairly cheap for what he is. 5 years for $67.5M, $36 guaranteed. If he waits a year and has a major injury he's not going to see anything.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Now Chris Long is testing free agency whats up with these guys coming here
    just to win a Title and then leave? I understand its a business but damn its
    kinda of a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Now Chris Long is testing free agency whats up with these guys coming here
    just to win a Title and then leave? I understand its a business but damn its
    kinda of a slap in the face.
    It's not a slap in the face. Perfectly understandable and I think he went about it in the right way. He had other offers last offseason but he chose a lesser role to be on the better team. We got what we wanted, he got what he wanted. It was a win win. He now has his championship and wants to try to cash in on one last contract that comes with more playing time and a larger role. I don't fault the guy one bit. He wasn't going to get paid here, and I wouldn't pay him any more than what he made last year. The writing was on the wall.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    98.5 is biting on Shefty... look all this use of media means is: don't bother us with joke offers. if you come, come with something major. If Pats take a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th - yes Shefty can feel used, but if we get a 1st and 3rd, with a 2nd and 4th next year, guess what? He's gone.
    Exactly. There's no NEED to trade Jimmy. The Patriots know that. They like him a lot and they'd love to keep him and insert him as the starter when the time is right. But if you come knocking with a real offer that blows them away...They won't turn it down because it just makes sense.

BB knows what he's doing. He doesn't lose on trades often, if at all. He knows what he has. He knows what it would take to get Jimmy. He won't take a penny less.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but here's where we stand. As BB said, we're 5 weeks behind the rest of the NFL.

Roster Breakdown pre free agency/draft
    QB – Brady, Garappollo, Brissett
    RB – Lewis, White, Foster
    FB – Develin
    WR – Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Slater
    TE – Gronk, Housler
    T - Solder, Cannon, Waddle
    G - Thuney, Mason, Jackson, Karras
    C - Andrews

22 Players

DT – Brown, Valentine
    DE/OLB – Flowers, Ninkovich, Van Noy, McClellin
    LB Roberts, Freeny
    CB – Butler, Rowe, Jones, Jones
    S – McCourty, Ebner
    S – Chung, Richards

16 players

K - Gost
    P - Allen
    ST – Cardona

3 Players

We have about $65 million in cap space.

We should easily be able to re-sign Hightower and Butler. Plus pick and choose a few other free agents.

We can free up additional money with moves like extending Brady, cut/renegotiate Amendola, trade Jimmy.
    In reference to your signature, Boston is not the city of champions.
    Despite winning 10 titles in 16 years across the 4 major sports.

New York is the true City of Champions. 35 MLB titles alone.
    Boston has 37 titles across 4 sports. All titles count. NY is a bigger market.

Don't cry about them having 2 teams per sport. The big 4 (yankees, rangers, giants, knicks, still have 41 combined rings. And both the Rangers and Mets made it to the finals, unfortunately both lost.)

Regardless. Despite the duck boat parades and winning the WS after the Boston bombing your still 2nd place .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._championships
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post

Don't cry about them having 2 teams per sport. The big 4 (yankees, rangers, giants, knicks, still have 41 combined rings. And both the Rangers and Mets made it to the finals, unfortunately both lost.)

Regardless. Despite the duck boat parades and winning the WS after the Boston bombing your still 2nd place .

Would it make you feel better if he changed it to "city of champions during the color tv era"?

Fun fact, TB12 has more superbowl losses than the Jets have appearances...

Also, the Knicks, Nets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Mets are all irrelevant in 2017... The Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics aren't.

Also... your = belonging to. (Your teams are irrelevant) you're = you are... (You're a joke).

the more you know...
    Last edited by Bosston; 03-02-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Go home troll. How many championships were you even alive for? NY WAS the City of Champions. However, it no longer is. 16 of your 35 MLB titles were before my father was born and he's retired. Not a convincing argument. England has been a world power for over 1,000...But have been secondary to the USA for over 200 years...Do you still call England the leading power in the World? No you don't....Past (ancient) success has no bearing on the present, if you've been irrelevant for a long time.

You have twice as many teams. I don't care if you're a larger market. Per team you have less championships. You don't get to pick and choose your "best" teams and pretend the others don't exist just because you're a large market. Market size has nothing to do with the equation or you could never compare NY to any other market outside of LA if your basing comparison on size.

City of Champions

You're failry new. You don't go to other teams board and drop a turd like this.

BTW I don't accept title counts from white only teams.

Many posters here are about 20, in the last 20 years your teams haven't done much. If you like them so much go to those boards and do the rah rah thing there.

or in the immortal words of my favorite work poster: "I'd like to help you out, which way did you come in."

Toddle Loo

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Brandon Marshall is now available. I have always been a fan, this guy has put up great numbers with pretty poor QB play if you ask me. We have shown interest before, I would be more willing to sign him, than try to re-sign Floyd.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

Brandon Marshall is certainly interesting.It has become nearly an annual event that a very good player who has spent a career toiling for fairly poor teams becomes a free agent and gets mentioned as a potential Patriot.The Patriots have done well in attracting useful help this way so I guess this year we will have the chance to see some very interesting players pass this way.Marshall would be fun to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Brandon Marshall is now available. I have always been a fan, this guy has put up great numbers with pretty poor QB play if you ask me. We have shown interest before, I would be more willing to sign him, than try to re-sign Floyd.
    It all comes down to price tag. Obviously Marshall is the better player. If he's willing to come cheap to win a championship, I could see it happening. If he wants $5 mil per year and Floyd will take $1.5 with incentives...Floyds the guy.

City of Champions

The best part is...Based on YOUR sig... You root for all the bad NY teams hahaha. They combine for 10 championships in their entire EXISTENCE while Boston teams match that in a span of 16 years. YIKES.

I understand your disappointment with your teams. I feel bad for you, I really do. At least in like 5 years when BB and Brady are gone the Jets have a chance to at least compete for a division title, so that's something.

Hopefully the Islanders will realize Chia will only dismantle what once was a promising young roster.

The Nets have a chance to turn things around in 2027 when they're well past giving the Celtics the top pick in the draft each year. (ouch, that has to hurt)

And your Amazing Mets...Unfortunately squandered their only chance at winning a WS. Now you'll face losing all your stud pitchers over the course of the next 3-5 years because your organization is too cheap to spend money. But at least you'll have a chance to rebuild that pitching staff over the next 6-10 years and maybe get another chance to reach a WS.

Really though, I wish you the best of luck with your teams. You're going to need it. The future is far from bright with those 4 franchises.

City of Champions

I dunno, Marshall. BPD (borderline PD), drunk driving. Certainly seems like he likes to move around (or has to because he wore out his welcome). In Pats land reminds me a bit of Brandon Lloyd. No way to know if hell work out with TB. Rather not take the chance.

Reported on 98.5 Pats looking at FA QB's.

It'd be nice to move Jimmy G for #12 and get a LT. Solves the immediate need for a swing tackle and allows us to let Solder walk after the year with no worries of replacing him.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast