Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Lol 60 hrs???

Wow not setting the bar very high huh?
    You know I was inferring 30 apiece?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    If you haven't read it, Jeff Passan's The Arm gives a fascinating account of the Cubs FO signing Lester. He actually does not have a clean bill of health and did not at the time either. Really interesting stuff and the book in general is great.
    I've been wanting to get my hands on this. Probably gonna order this and the Verducci Cubs book.

Eloy is getting tests done on his shoulder. They said it's been sore since he made a huge throw Tuesday.

I tend to think that Butler could take us completely out of the trading for a SP market. If he can dominate in AAA and look good when he gets chances to start in the bigs, I wont be even slightly surprised if we go into 2018 with Lester,Hendricks,Montgomery,Butler and whomever. Might be Lackey for a final so they can wait until the monster FA season of 2019, might be any of Cueto/Darvish/Cobb following this season.

Cobb rumors being reported on Roto again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    I tend to think that Butler could take us completely out of the trading for a SP market. If he can dominate in AAA and look good when he gets chances to start in the bigs, I wont be even slightly surprised if we go into 2018 with Lester,Hendricks,Montgomery,Butler and whomever. Might be Lackey for a final so they can wait until the monster FA season of 2019, might be any of Cueto/Darvish/Cobb following this season.
    I don't mind this except maybe we could upgrade lackey so Monty and butler don't need to be our 3-4...

I know it's a long shot and he's gonna be pricey and unproven but I sure would like Otani on this club.

I don't mind this except maybe we could upgrade lackey so Monty and butler don't need to be our 3-4...

I know it's a long shot and he's gonna be pricey and unproven but I sure would like Otani on this club.
    I don't mind Lackey, but I would still like to see one other pitcher signed. A high end guy like Darvish, Arrieta or Cueto. Then let Butler and Montgomery split the 5th spot. Then in 19' each gets a spot in the rotation once Lackey is gone. Otani would work as well. But I do not think the Cubs can sign him next year.

Cubs wouldn't be able to sign Otani because of the international spending penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cubs25 View Post
    Cubs wouldn't be able to sign Otani because of the international spending penalty.
    True. Have to hope he does not come until the Cubs are no longer penalized.

Not sure if anyone is watching the WBC but Baez did one of his patented swim move steals where he looks like he's out by 4 feet at 3rd base and he lifts his left arm up to avoid the tag and reaches around to tag 3rd base with his right arm. The ump initially called him out but Baez told the manager to review and they overturned the call. That guy is something else.

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread but didn't know where else to post it.
    Last edited by bootsy; 03-20-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Tremendous read!! I love this team!

Great article

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Szczur among the trade candidates Braves are considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Szczur among the trade candidates Braves are considering.
    where'd you see that?

edit: nvm

Ken Rosenthal ✔ @Ken_Rosenthal
    Sources: #Cubsí Matt Szczur among trade candidates #Braves considering for extra OFer. Szczur out of options; Cubs expected to keep him.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast