Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 658
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    85,830
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That's not the way of this board. Either your all in on a guy or hate him.

    Not allowed to be luke warm on a guy. Yes he's had a few nice games since the trade deadline. But I'm not willing to go to an extreme like this on him.

    He's a nice player. Lots like TJ in that he'll give you everything. But long term...eh I wouldn't be upset if he isn't part of the plans.
    lol ok so when you have no argument because of how holmes has played the rebuttal is to act innocent even though you were called on your agenda the day he should not be named was traded? Sounds about right... I am still waiting for you to tell me how he was more impactful with my counter argument... 4 more assists/1 less turnover/1 more rebound/18 percent shooting advantage.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,817
    Come on dude. Everyone knows stats don't tell the whole story. Holmes and Cov carried the team tonight and he's allowed to believe that Cov had a better game.

    I disagree with him, but let's not be rudely picking fights with other Sixers fans over single game MVPs.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    37,589
    Pay no attention to the fact that Vuc had 26/13 (Holmes primary assignment), while Ross had 15/5 on 4 of 15 shooting (RoCo's primary assignment).

    PROCESSING

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    85,830
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pay no attention to the fact that Vuc had 26/13 (Holmes primary assignment), while Ross had 15/5 on 4 of 15 shooting (RoCo's primary assignment).
    again that wasnt even the slightest argument you had until i called you out and i actually knew you would make this excuse so give me a bit ima give you some links to the post game where they talked about how much holmes had to play help defense and so on down the list and how good he was at defense tonight but yes lets blindly look at primary assignments all of a sudden because you need something to fit your argument and ignore all the help and team defense and how much he shut vuc down in the final 10 minutes of said game

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    85,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    Come on dude. Everyone knows stats don't tell the whole story. Holmes and Cov carried the team tonight and he's allowed to believe that Cov had a better game.

    I disagree with him, but let's not be rudely picking fights with other Sixers fans over single game MVPs.
    he can have any opinion he wants but its not my fault if they are wrong and i call him out of them nor is it rude... again this isnt picking fights either... i just expect people to be able to take what they give and there was a ton of crap thrown around about the player that should not be named and now we have the replacement whom has flat out outplayed him and the excuses are flowing strong. Being co sixer fans is fine... hell i agreed with a ton of their points at times on TJ and on Noel... I am just here calling a spade a spade... note i was a noel supporter. i also hated TJ but i can admit when i am wrong.

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,996
    who cares who was better? both Cov and Holmes killed it, they were equally impactful.

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    37,589
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    who cares who was better? both Cov and Holmes killed it, they were equally impactful.
    It's not like I said Holmes was horrible.

    But like you said RoCo killed it too but if you didn't see the game and only read this thread you would think Holmes was the only one to do something and that he scored like 45.

    We had 4 guys play really well last night in RoCo, Holmes, Sauce, and Saric.

    PROCESSING

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    37,589
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    who cares who was better? both Cov and Holmes killed it, they were equally impactful.
    So I got an honest question for you:

    I see a lot of talk about how Holmes creates his own offense and can get his yada yada. And I'm not ysing this as a way to put him down because you know I liked the other guy because his ability to play off ball and get those shots within the flow us the game. But this year 81.6% of Holmes FGM are assisted.

    So don't you think it's a little hypocritical to talk about how Holmes is better at creating his own when that 81.6% is one of the highest %FGM assisted rates in the NBA?

    Just an honest question as to why that isn't an issue with Holmes when it was with other players.

    PROCESSING

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,996
    not really. its more that we know that Holmes is becoming more and more capable of creating his own shot. The other guy showed some flashes of it his first year but it quickly disappeared due to him not being comfortable or consistent doing it. Its also not an issue for any player to be assisted at a high rate but its an easy job to do if you ask me so its nice to see when a guy like Holmes was shown the ability to do more on his own.

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    37,589
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    not really. its more that we know that Holmes is becoming more and more capable of creating his own shot. The other guy showed some flashes of it his first year but it quickly disappeared due to him not being comfortable or consistent doing it. Its also not an issue for any player to be assisted at a high rate but its an easy job to do if you ask me so its nice to see when a guy like Holmes was shown the ability to do more on his own.
    Just saying. The other guy only has 68% of his career shots assisted and 75.8% this year.

    Like I said I'm not going to make a big deal about it because I think centers that get a higher percent of field goals assisted means we're putting their defense in a tough position.

    FWIW...more of Holmes FGM are assisted this year than last year. And by my count 8 of his 11 made shots last year were assisted.

    And again...I don't mean it as a diss to Holmes. Means he's actively moving offensively. Just questioning why it was always a comment with the other guy, but was never mentioned about Holmes.

    PROCESSING

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    18,726
    I don't think Holmes can create his own shot by putting the ball on the floor. He's better at creating a scoring opportunity with positioning. The other guy thrive with one particular point guard, but it's not necessarily that Holmes needs chemistry with the passer. He has a better feel for where the relief needs to be. It's actually quite remarkable how much his awareness has improved, both in being available for the pass and rebounding. Not to mention he has much, much better hands than "the other guy."

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,996
    we all should have been expecting more from our former C than Holmes, a lot more. One guy was a highly touted AAU/All-american who played for one of the best coaches and programs in the nation and went #6 overall. Holmes was a guard most of his life and went to crap mid major program and was a 2nd round pick. Holmes has closed the gap pretty considerably for being way behind on the learning curve. Holmes has had a really good month so far at 25MPG going for 14/7 with a 1.3 blks on 62% shooting and 36% from 3. Funny what consistent playing time can do for a guy.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    18,726
    I think I know what it is. Why there's such over-love for the other guy.

    The sixers have been bereft of a good big man for ages. So, with the pogo stick athleticism, the David Robinson-esque rookie season, it was love at first sight. Some people fell really hard and could look past the flaws and shortcomings.

    So I think the willingness to pay was irrational, yet purely sentimental. Now, he looks like the one that got away. And that hurts. I'm sure of it. But in time it will heal after a reassessment of what we have, want and need.

    And I'll admit. It was a bad breakup. It didn't end like any of us wanted. We'll never know what we could have had instead, but regardless of that we'll come to accept it was for the best.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,817
    He was also the beginning of 'The Process'. Noel was half the package that came back when we traded Jrue.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    18,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    He was also the beginning of 'The Process'. Noel was half the package that came back when we traded Jrue.
    Hinkies first prized possession. I remember. But doesn't mean Jrue was the beginning of The Process? Jrue was the original Asset.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •