Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's a significant improvement for them. Fans can get there in 10 minutes instead of 45
    We'll see what it does for attendance. I don't expect much after the novelty wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We'll see what it does for attendance. I don't expect much after the novelty wears off.
    It'll also depend on how competitive they are.

But I imagine their random Tuesday's in May will see more attendance.

It will also be interesting to see if they pull in more cash, how that gets distributed to the team, specifically payroll.

Well the novelty of a new park should entice fans to come in respectable numbers that first season or so. After that, yeah its about how competitive they are. That said, a competitive team and relatively new park in Miami didn't do **** for the Marlins last year.

I don't see it being much different in Tampa aside from when the Yankees or Red Sox are in town.

Well the novelty of a new park should entice fans to come in respectable numbers that first season or so. After that, yeah its about how competitive they are. That said, a competitive team and relatively new park in Miami didn't do **** for the Marlins last year.

I don't see it being much different in Tampa aside from when the Yankees or Red Sox are in town.
    Totally.

But the Rays are in an awful area. Completely awful.

The Marlins are still in their same neighborhood.

This puts the Rays 45 minutes closer to Orlando and where most of the residents live (along I4). Sure, they are further from Saraosta, but they will be tremendously closer to 3 times the residents and much closer to the commercial businesses and for people in town for work.

The Rays also aren't completely ineptly ran, like the Marlins have been for two decades.

Build a new stadium ? Really ?

New stadium won't help much in the attendance department. Florida just doesn't support baseball. I'd like to see the rays move to a new location that has a love of baseball.

The NBA was able to tap into the OKC market and those fans are rabid. What would be a good untapped market for a baseball team?

I am pretty happy about it. St Pete drive is horrid and the stadium is unattractive.

People from Orlando, Lakeland, Tampa, etc... hate the travel. I think relocation alone would increase attendance. I know I will def attend a lot more games.

They should just move to Orlando instead. I think they would draw more there. This will definitely be an improvement though. The stadium is a dump, is in the middle of nowhere with nothing surrounding it, has no parking and getting their sucks. Trying to get there over the bridge in 5 o'clock traffic was a nightmare.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    As long as they don't stick the taxpayers with it then sure. But this whole spending 100s of millions of public dollars to build **** for billionaires needs to ****ing stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    New stadium won't help much in the attendance department. Florida just doesn't support baseball. I'd like to see the rays move to a new location that has a love of baseball.

The NBA was able to tap into the OKC market and those fans are rabid. What would be a good untapped market for a baseball team?
    Considering how well the NHL has done with the Golden Knights this year, MLB should certainly entertain moving a team to Vegas if they decide on relocation. Knowing MLB, however, they'll decide expansion is a better idea and probably put a team in Vegas and a team in Portland, OKC, or Charlotte.

Considering how well the NHL has done with the Golden Knights this year, MLB should certainly entertain moving a team to Vegas if they decide on relocation. Knowing MLB, however, they'll decide expansion is a better idea and probably put a team in Vegas and a team in Portland, OKC, or Charlotte.
    Yeah, I think Vegas would be a good location. The knock on that was the gambling, which I always though was a dumb argument.

Let's wait and see before we judge how well the NHL goes over in Vegas. That team could be as obsolete as the Coyotes sooner than later. Having a competitive team on the ice helps, but we'll see if Vegas fans are in it for the long haul soon enough.

Hockey and football both do well in Tampa. I don't see why baseball would be any different as long as they have a stadium in a good area, like hockey and football both do.

Nobody cares about the Marlins because Loria abused the franchise. The Rays are just now 20 years old (about how long it takes to get chlidhood fans to become adult fans) and their stadium has been in an awful location.

This is what the Rays need. This, and a competent front office, and baseball can succeed in Tampa.

I don't think Tampa has been a failure to this point. I think we don't really know what baseball in Tampa looks like (or Florida in general) due to a bunch of surrounding issues with the franchises. Tampa's been stuck in a horrible stadium, in a terrible situation. Make the game easy to get to, and I think you've got a real decent foundation.

Baseball in Florida is huge. Look at the game at the high school and college levels in this state. It'll work at a professional level once they're given a team with a stadium that doesn't suck coupled with an ownership who cares.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Build a new stadium ? Really ?

Well that is certainly true, baseball is big at the college and H.S. Levels in Fla never really gave that consideration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast