Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    There's a difference between a singular person and an entire organization. When a steroid user breaks the law, he's only involving himself in a crime, maybe 1 or 2 others, in order to get the drugs. When you're talking organizational corruption in breaking laws, you're involving many more people. So you're stating the entire Patriots organization has colluded together to break FCC laws in order to jam other teams signals? Based off what?

Additionally, how do you explain the SAME issues happening in other stadiums, in games not involving the Patriots?

It's not getting our panties in a bunch...If you're going to make a bold statement...defend it. It's not that hard. Why is it every time a Patriots fan stands up against illegitimate claims..."we're getting our panties in a bunch" for defending against said claim. If we made claims like this against your team, surely you'd say something. If you have actual evidence or at least some back up to prove a point, we wouldn't have much to say. But when you pull stuff out of thin air... Such as you have here... We're going to say something, because they thought is ridiculous. No it doesn't make "perfect sense". Do you know anything about jamming and what it entails? Because if you don't...It can't make perfect sense. And if you do (I do) it still doesn't make perfect sense. You have no idea how organized a scheme like that would have to be and how deep it would have to run to actually successfully pull it off. This is Hollywood...You can't just pull a "jammer" out of your pocket and point it at Mike Tomlins headset and BOOM you're jammed sucker!
    Jesus you guys, are you talking the ****ing voices in your head or me?

This is pointless.

I didn't make a bold statement. The radios that the NFL uses for the headsets can be jammed. That's my bold ****ing statement. I didn't even bother reading all this because I saw that as I scrolled up and I knew it was a waste of time. I wasn't accusing them of anything. I'm saying that because the NFL runs them doesn't make them immune to possible interference. THAT'S IT!

But instead of saying yeah I guess that makes sense norm, you have to yell and scream and stomp your feet and tell me to prove that the Patriots cheated, which I never said. I just get annoyed with that stupid answer that if the NFL runs them it means it's not possible to do anything to them. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'm saying they did or do stuff with them. It's just not "the NFL runs them, impossible" no. That's silly and untrue.

You need to take a deep breath, stop, listen, realize I'm not calling the Patriots cheaters. I'm only saying it's illogical to me to think ANY TEAM IN THE NFL OR SLIMY DIRTBAG NOT EVEN IN THE NFL couldn't interfere just because the NFL runs them.

EDIT: I don't know the logistics of how it works. I know it's not TV but I saw some guy on Reddit 6 months ago saying he was some military radio tech guy and he said it could be done but they would know pretty obviously that it happened, like what was going on. Again, didn't say it does happen. Saying the NFL running them doesn't make them immune.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-20-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    You might literally have the worst reading comprehension im thr history of time.

None of the **** you're arguing against is even remotely close to what Norm was arguing.

He wasn't comparing steroids to headset interference, he was making thr point that just because it's illegal doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

He also never said the patriots interfered with headsets, just that the NFL controlling headsets is irrelevant because they havecould still be interfered with.

Seriously, your reading comprehension is at trumo level.
    lol, thanks. I wasn't trying to be super hot take man. I just don't know why the NFL running them is the end all excuse to the headset stuff, for any occasion there's suspicion.

AFAIK, NE's headsets go out just as often from what you hear from the media now and then.

If I'm being honest, and I was like yeah I'm a dirty guy I wanna mess with the headsets, I'd be way more interested in trying to steal the signal from the other team I think than just shutting them off. Might be easier to get away with? IDK how sophisticated they are.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Those 2 jerseys are worth a million dollars. And that doesn't count Von Miller's gear either. Also its not like the FBI only has 2 agents.
    Nothing is worth ANYthing until there's someone willing to pay for it.
    We see TV ads all the time touting a product/deal is 'a $300 value, but act today and it's yours for $19.99'
    If the only price it's sold for is $19.99, that's its value, not $300.

My point here is I don't see why we tax payers had to pay to get the jerseys back when the end result is they're sold to collectors and the tax payers don't get their money back.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

es, I realize this. And that was my point...The 2 instances aren't comparable. I understand the example he was trying to use...
    They aren't identical, oh no. Great argument. You implied they wouldn't do it because it's against the law. So have other cheating methods been, didn't stop them. It's so lazy to say "they aren't the same" so it doesn't count. You used the first example of illegality, not me.

My point is...The level of sophistication it would take in order to set up some "jamming" ring in an NFL game...Would ultimately have to involve the entire NFL and Patriots organization...Or they would have been caught by now.
    Then Pats fans should argue it's too difficult. Not that NE doesn't run them so it's insanely unlikely. I agree with that......

So unless he's insinuating the NFL is aiding the Patriots in doing so...
    lol what. No I'm not. I never even said anyone is doing it. This is the voices in my head thing I was talking about.

My bet is they gave Magic steroids so he could play through Aids in the beginning stages ... That's why they won so much. See how Ludacris that is?
    A. "ludacris" lol
    B. I never set a theory that said NE did anything. See how you can't read?

OMG, I shouldn't even respond...But I will...Why, I don't know. Maybe just to put an end to this stupid argument because by in large, I think we're in agreement here, but for whatever reason, my text is coming off as me throwing a hissy fit...To which I am not.

They aren't identical, oh no. Great argument. You implied they wouldn't do it because it's against the law. So have other cheating methods been, didn't stop them. It's so lazy to say "they aren't the same" so it doesn't count. You used the first example of illegality, not me.
    I'm not saying it was a great argument, I'm just pointing out the situations are not the same. I'm not the one who used the comparison. I'm just disregarding it because I don't see the relevance.

I did imply it was against the law, thus it would be difficult to get away with. That is all. I'm not saying the law is a deterrent to those who intend to break it. It clearly isn't...We can look at history in many different cases. That's easy to prove. What's not easy to prove is the intent behind it. I don't see any reason why an organization would have the intent to break Federal Law. Which is why I dismiss the claim. It just doesn't add up. (I'm not saying you're accusing them of it) In general, it would make zero sense for the organization to break a Federal law in an attempt to win a football game. The consequences far outweigh the potential benefits. I think any real person can see that. And that is why I don't believe the Patriots, or any organization for that matter, would do such a thing.

I didn't use the first example of illegality. I merely brought up the point that any attempt to "jam" or "block" a radio signal would be illegal. That's all. To make the point that I don't believe any team would attempt to do such a thing.

Again, totally possible it can be done. That's not my argument, the argument is no team would be stupid enough to do so.

Then Pats fans should argue it's too difficult. Not that NE doesn't run them so it's insanely unlikely. I agree with that......
    That's fine. They should. However they shouldn't have to. If it's illegal, those we're arguing against should be intelligent enough to realize this. Thus it doesn't need further explanation. Maybe I assume the other party knows enough. Clearly I am wrong (not directed towards you)

lol what. No I'm not. I never even said anyone is doing it. This is the voices in my head thing I was talking about.
    I said "unless he is insinuating"... Meaning I didn't think you were. Talk about getting panties in a bunch...

A. "ludacris" lol
    I'm sorry my auto correct wants to be a rapper. My bad. Shoot me.

B. I never set a theory that said NE did anything. See how you can't read?
    Never said you did. It appeared you insinuated as such. If you didn't fine. I guess if that's the case I have to ask, why did you even bring it to the table of discussion? Why throw something out there like that if you did in fact not insinuate it? It would appear if this is the case, the theory is irrelevant to the discussion? But then again, it appears the PSD folk think I'm uneducated, can't read and generally struggle with basic English comprehension. So I guess just ignore everything I stated and keep drawing your conclusions about my education based off a post you for some reason took personally, when I never even attacked you. Just generally spoke out against some points you brought up and I disagreed with. It's ok to simply disagree by the way. It doesn't make either of us imbeciles.

City of Champions

Edit:

I started this saying that I don't think NE cheats the headsets, it's the first thing I said. Anything you inferred is the voices in your head, like I said you all have. Nobody can say a word about anything without you adding context and others views to it. It makes it impossible to talk to you people about anything. So defensive for such a dominating franchise.

I brought it up because I hate when people use broken logic to explain things away. Say it's insanely difficult to jam them then. Don't say the NFL runs them not NE like that means it can't be done.

Didn't a whole baseball organization illegally hack into another team's prospect database and stuff? That's illegal. I could argue it's difficult. I could also argue it's something you'd have to be silly to not think you'd get caught. Still happened.

The idea that a mystery team in sports, DEFINITELY NOT THE PATRIOTS ANY OTHER TEAM BUT THE PATRIOTS would do that isn't as insane as you think. It's why you guys get to testy. You're so scared to be connected to anything that you have to pretend it's all impossible, even when someone isn't even accusing you of anything.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-20-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Something we can all agree on it The Pats are known for being a successful winning team just as equally as they are known for being cheaters during the same time span, its just that plain and simple regardless if you get your panties in a bunch or take it with a grain of salt
    The Pats are the most watched organization by the NFL since 2007. What has been found? Did they find the Pats Coaches giving bonus money to hurt players on other teams?

Face it, it's easy for fans of inferior organizations to blame the plight of their teams on external factors like cheating. Perhaps fans should look at their ownership, GM, and scouts - you'll find a lot more reasonable answers there.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    The NFL controls headsets in games, not the teams.

There were several complaints this year of balls being underinflated, and the NFL did NOTHING. So much for that being a big deal. Plus the NFL told Brady he could toss his phone - go read about it.

Every team in the NFL has been docked draft picks, or fined for cheating.

BTW the Raiders ring in the '76 was stolen from the Pats and tossed to the Raiders by Ben Drieth.

Long live Adam Vinateri, and jealous angry Raiders fans.
    the team controles the radio setups in the stadium and can cause feedback and interferance while the other teams O is on the field several teams have stated it only happends to them at the patriots stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    the team controles the radio setups in the stadium and can cause feedback and interferance while the other teams O is on the field several teams have stated it only happends to them at the patriots stadium.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-new-england/

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Well let's try and be objective. Complaints have been lodged at other sites. I do recall of the multiple complaints at one site that the Pats make that list. Being a Pats fan I tend to note that more carefully than some random team (like TB). On the other hand a lot of these reports seem to come up well after the fact. Is that the same sort of mentality that had Indy pipe in crowd noise - competitive advantage via trying to disturb the concentration of the coaches and players?

OK, let's say that the Pats are in the top 4. Where are the other teams? For instance are they located in a place with a good amount of rain and frequent changes in barometric pressure? Can't remember SD, ARI type weather teams being reported. I've got a ton of experience with practical electronics and that makes a difference. Ridiculous? How many times have the Pats had their set-up checked by the NFL? So, the Pats have a hole bored into a wall so they can shunt the cable and override the original signal? Can you imagine the fuss if this was found? Besides why bother with the Steelers, BB owns them?

How about the NFL letting a Conference Championship game proceed when they had reports of ball deflation? Why weren't accurate meters used before game to verify, and the same equipment used at halftime and at the end of the game. How about the 4 letter network publishing false data about the number of balls deflated and the amount of deflation (at the end of a game played in the cold) - then leaving it up for over a year. - after it was proven to be false data? What about the only ball well out of spec? It was on the opposing teams sideline, who knows if they didn't deflate it. Certainly the Pats did not have custody of the ball at all times and the team holding it was looking for deflated balls. In court if you don't have custody of the object in question, its a dismissed case. The NFL told Brady they didn't need his phone, then hopped on him after he tossed it - since they had so very little to make a case with.

This should be another thread unless of course all the pretenders to the throne have been beaten back leaving only Brady.

Think about this last season. TB spends much of his off season fighting a kangaroo court, misses 4 games, then goes 11-1 in season with one of the greater seasons ever posted by a QB his age. Then wins the SB after spotting Atlanta 25 points, building on his almost insurmountable playoff records. 25-9 - that's like a Sandy Koufax season from 1963 - next best Montana 16-7 (another system QB....)

On Day 1 in Sep 2017 the Pats will probably have the strongest Vegas odds to win the SB since the league went to 24 or more teams. 28-9? Don't bet against it. No cheating will be found, but the troll patrol will no doubt regale us with tales of the phantom taping of the Rams - which Pats fans will mention Jimmy Johnsson saying A: he did the same thing when he won his 2 SB's, and B: its a minor advantage at best and the punishment is way over the top.

Winners and losers. Some loses lose with class and some others do not.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

in back to back posts you refer to other teams as inferior and pretenders to the throne....and Pats fans wonder why they're disliked by other fans..smh
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    in back to back posts you refer to other teams as inferior and pretenders to the throne....and Pats fans wonder why they're disliked by other fans..smh
    Then refute it with evidence. Don't just wine and say you're mean! Sometime the truth hurts. Not all franchises are inferior, but the numbers say quite a few are. We don't post here to make friends or be liked, but to talk about sports and get opposing views from outsiders (non fans). You don't have to like us, you don't have to agree with us. We will post opinions you don't like...It's going to happen. No sense in creating a post crying about it. It adds nothing to the conversation...

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't think they wonder nor care, too busy enjoying all the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Edit:

I started this saying that I don't think NE cheats the headsets, it's the first thing I said. Anything you inferred is the voices in your head, like I said you all have. Nobody can say a word about anything without you adding context and others views to it. It makes it impossible to talk to you people about anything. So defensive for such a dominating franchise.

I brought it up because I hate when people use broken logic to explain things away. Say it's insanely difficult to jam them then. Don't say the NFL runs them not NE like that means it can't be done.

Didn't a whole baseball organization illegally hack into another team's prospect database and stuff? That's illegal. I could argue it's difficult. I could also argue it's something you'd have to be silly to not think you'd get caught. Still happened.

The idea that a mystery team in sports, DEFINITELY NOT THE PATRIOTS ANY OTHER TEAM BUT THE PATRIOTS would do that isn't as insane as you think. It's why you guys get to testy. You're so scared to be connected to anything that you have to pretend it's all impossible, even when someone isn't even accusing you of anything.
    At this point he is literally either the dumbest poster i have ever seen, or a troll.

He is literally incapable of comprehending anything being said. And is STILL trying to argue steroids being uncomparable even though that was NEVER the point.

I've met three year olds more capable of understanding a point being made.

Is Brady the greatest QB of all time after winning his 5th Super Bowl?

Back on topic!
    Hardware check
    Stats check
    Wins check
    Longevity check

Your all acting like boys with toys. Lmao first time I get to use that quote from Natalia
    Proud to be PSD's Legarrette

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast