Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,051 to 1,056 of 1056
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I love those backwards hicks lol. Some of my best buddies are from there.... They'll admit they're hicks though. It's not a bad thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Didn't exactly answer my question, tho, did you.
    You do realize the term is generally viewed as derogatory, right?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Because it makes far more sense for Californians by themselves to be able to cancel out the votes of over 20 less populated states? If there was a strict one person one vote, people in the most populous 9 states would cancel the entire rest of the country.
    Yes, it does.

Explain to me why someone in the middle of no where should have a vote that is worth 370, THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY times that of someone living in california.

I'm sorry, but someone shouldn't have less of a say in what happens because they live in a more populated area.

Republicans won the popular vote once in like 25 years though, so of course they wont agree.

Bad news though, the younger generations are becoming more and more left winged with every singld generation.
    Last edited by basch152; 05-03-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    That's not because of the Second Amendment. It's due to the inner cities. Every day good black people are being randomly killed by thugs. I feel sorry for anybody who lives in a shooting gallery. Those in the inner cities who start programs to decrease gang membership/violence are unsung heroes.

Back to Brady. There are a lot of lazy people who look at Super Bowls wins and say "end of argument". If Brady is the best ever, it's not just because of Super Bowls. It's also the fact that he often goes months at a time without an interception. It's not always about being spectacular; it's also just avoiding mistakes and not beating yourself.
    And you dont think gun laws that do a better job of keeping guns away from criminals would help that murder rate?

The whole "criminals will get guns either way" is ******** fed to conservatives.

States with stricter gun laws always see a drastic reduction in gun violence and violent crime in general.

Here's what it boils down to - the NRA makes more money if criminals can just get guns from them, so they make it easier for them to get guns and line the pockets of republican politicians to tell people that denying them guns won't do anything because they will just get their guns elsewhere, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Yes, it does.

Explain to me why someone in the middle of no where should have a vote that is worth 370, THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY times that of someone living in california.

I'm sorry, but someone shouldn't have less of a say in what happens because they live in a more populated area.

Republicans won the popular vote once in like 25 years though, so of course they wont agree.

Bad news though, the younger generations are becoming more and more left winged with every singld generation.
    It's far from that simple.
    Any idea how much of your food comes from those places you're referring to as middle of nowhere? Think they should have some say in things without having a bunch of people who know nothing of the issue canceling them out completely?

Could the electoral balance be changed? certainly, but there are a TON of reasons it came into being in the first place and even more reasons it should remain today
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Didn't exactly answer my question, tho, did you.
    You do realize the term is generally viewed as derogatory, right?
    I went raccoon hunting at my buddy's farm at eleven o'clock at night with two twelve gauges and a case of Bud light. I went to more "Street dances" then I can count....I think doing things like that paints a pretty good picture of what a backwards hick is.

I have to disagree with it being derogatory though. I think it's just a way of life in rural areas. It's surely not calling people stupid, ignorant, or something along those lines. It's literally just referring to people who live in unsophisticated areas.

This thread has run its course. No one is on topic anymore, insults have been made.... It's time to close it.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071