Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Dont blame Goodell or the NFL office for this. Aldon Smith was in a position to make 10's of millions of dollars and he decided to live like a gang banger. He has a rap sheet thats longer than my grocery list.

Lets see,

2012 - DWI
    2012 - Stabbed in a knife fight were two people were shot
    2013 - Three felony accounts of assault weapons. These got pleaded down to misdemeanors
    2013 - Car Accident where he was again driving under the influence and in possesion of marijuana
    2014 - Arreseted and detained in LAX airport after claiming he had a bomb and fighting TSA agents
    2015 - Arrested yet again, DWI and a hit and run plus vandalism charges.
    2017 - Detained for driving under the influence again

This guy is a grade A piece of ****. He deserves the worst to be honest he has proven nothing throughout his career except that he has no problem throwing out a golden ticket, to be a dirtbag. Why would the NFL or any company in the world today want to be associated with this guy?
    He would be a train wreck in Vegas. It's time to move on from this.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

I'll tell you guys something. If there is one player on this roster who can make me forget Aldon Smith it's Shilique Calhoun. I read that he hit the weight room during the offseason and put on another 20 pounds of muscle. He's up to 270 lbs now and ready to become an NFL defensive end at last.

It would be nice to see Calhoun develop year two.

https://youtu.be/aJ65b6XyIl8

The talent and potential is there.

Mack. Vanderdoes. MEJ. Calhoun. Yessir.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    It would be nice to see Calhoun develop year two.

https://youtu.be/aJ65b6XyIl8

The talent and potential is there.

Mack. Vanderdoes. MEJ. Calhoun. Yessir.
    Oh yeah! He was a top rated passrusher when he was drafted. They tried him at linebacker last year and he didn't pan out. Hopefully he has the strength and size now to play defensive end. It might facilitate a move back to linebacker for Khalil Mack. I wish Mckenzie would just get off his butt and do something about our linebacker corps. Jenkins is not the answer and M. Lee is still a young player. I envision a unit consisting of Mack, Riley, and Irvin.

How do you know Jenkins isn't the answer?

And re:Calhoun... if any rookie last year was worse than Ward, it was Calhoun. It's almost like it didn't matter that Calhoun played last year.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    How do you know Jenkins isn't the answer?

And re:Calhoun... if any rookie last year was worse than Ward, it was Calhoun. It's almost like it didn't matter that Calhoun played last year.
    What did Jenkins ever prove? He's been in the league for awhile now. We have better players like Irvin who can play the WILL.

Calhoun is in his sophomore season and has reported in at a ripped 270 lbs after hitting the weight room. He has come to play this year.
    Last edited by erickench; 05-22-2017 at 07:42 PM.

didn't Jenkins have a pretty good season before his knee injury? like, bordering on probowl?

and OK, fine, Calhoun is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipped. can grate cheese on his abs. hopefully it helps him matter on the field.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    What did Jenkins ever prove? He's been in the league for awhile now. We have better players like Irvin who can play the WILL.

Calhoun is in his sophomore season and has reported in at a ripped 270 lbs after hitting the weight room. He has come to play this year.
    What did Amerson ever do until his first year with us? You've got to give the guy a shot, no matter how in love with your own opinion you are.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

What I don't get is why have a boner for Calhoun out of all people, lol!

At least it wouldn't be ridiculous to mention Aldon Smith in his heyday in the same sentence as today's Mack. You could change one of their's position to get both of them on the field at the same time. But erickench wants Calhoun to take Mack's spot so Mack can drop back in coverage and play MLB. OK
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

At least it wouldn't be ridiculous to mention Aldon Smith in his heyday in the same sentence as today's Mack. You could change one of their's position to get both of them on the field at the same time. But erickench wants Calhoun to take Mack's spot so Mack can drop back in coverage and play MLB. OK
    Many people have plans, not so many people have good plans.

That being said, I really am hoping Calhoun shows us he has taken a step or two forward this year. I liked him in college.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Not MLB! SAM!!! Mack is the best SLB that we have! Irvin should be playing the weakside. He's a proven player.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415