Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I agree. And more importantly he give ATL depth in Of prospects. Expecting everyone to develop is foolish. Roberts would give ATL more top end options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think he'll get Moncada's bonus. But dose anyone have a guess on what it will take to sign him?

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Box score makes it seem like Colon was hit hard today. Any qualitative evidence? I didn't watch the game.

ESPN is trying to push a Braves deal for Longoria story. Hope it doesn't happen. He has injury problems, and a contract that runs through his age 37 season. He would block Maitan, too. The Braves aren't once piece away from being a playoff team, anyway.
    I listened to the game and he was not hit hard at all. A couple of miscues on D (they are very generous not handing out errors in spring training lol) and many of his hits just lucked up and found a hole. If swanson and albies were playing at least 2-3 of them would have been grabbed though.

I don't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I read that on another site. It mentioned Albies and Newcomb as the center pieces. No disrespect to Evan, but why the hell would the Braves do that? Albies and Newcomb are nearly ready, And I mean seriously close to being ready, so it makes no since for the Braves to do that. As far as blocking Maitan. I don't think it's clear where he will play yet. He could stay at SS, move to 3rd, move to the OF, or end up at 1B if his body continues to mature. So I think it's to early to worry about blocking him.
    Yeah I do not like this trade at all! The trade said that albies was blocked by swanson and I wanted to stop reading because obviously they don't realize the guy is a 2B now lol. Honestly I wouldn't be upset trading newcomb and a few mid specs for longoria or someone else of that magnitude if they would take it. Newcomb is still a top spec, but I have a feeling it won't last long into the season. I hope I am wrong though!

Yeah Maitan could end up being good enough to move swanson to 3rd or force us to trade FF in the future. Or he could be a bust lol. This is why I freaking love baseball you never know how things are going to unravel.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Box score makes it seem like Colon was hit hard today. Any qualitative evidence? I didn't watch the game.

ESPN is trying to push a Braves deal for Longoria story. Hope it doesn't happen. He has injury problems, and a contract that runs through his age 37 season. He would block Maitan, too. The Braves aren't once piece away from being a playoff team, anyway.
    I read the article. Same guy posted an article about the Braves being full of misfits that old or nobody else wanted. The Braves may act like they think they can compete in 2017 but we all know they won't. These guys that were brought in are just placeholders until the prospects come in and to give the fans a tolerable team to watch. The Braves aren't making a push for contention this year. Longoria isn't happening.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

The Braves are going to make a push, but it will be without Longoria!!!

Before people ask, Jackson got hosed in the 9th today.

ATL made a sliding catch on a flyball that was called a no-catch. (Not sure how, it was obviously a catch). That would have been 1 out, runner on first. Instead it was no out, runners on 1-2.

Then Peterson booted a potential DP ball and it was ruled a hit. It was then bases loaded, no out.

Once the pressure was on hitters just sat on Jackson's fastball and hit it. Double, walk, single followed, but it never should have gotten to that point.

I hope Dickie and Colon are working on things and do not get rocked all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I hope Dickie and Colon are working on things and do not get rocked all year long.
    Colon has averaged about a 6ERA+ the past 5-6 springs. Last year it was like 9 I think.

Spring really means nothing, guys are all trying things out and making sure its all working how they want. When the season starts we will see then how things are going to go.

Read that the Braves are rolling with Teheran, Colon, Garcia, Dickey, and Folty. Thought there was a chance one of the older arms might be long relief, but I am guessing they want to give the young guys and see if any of the older guys can become trade bait. Trotting them out there is the only way to find out.

A good case can be made for all of the youngsters (except Folty) needing more time. I am fine with this decision.

Just because they pitch at the MLB level doesn't mean it is beneficial to them.

That's about what I figured the rotation would be heading into the season. It's pretty likely that Garcia's spot will open up at some point due to injury. I'm also glad Folty got the nod for the 5th spot. He provides more upside than a guy like Wisler and giving him time to start is more important than a guy like Wisler IMO.

Hot take: Max Fried is in the rotation at the end of the year and either Wisler and/one Blair aren't.
    ]

It depends on innings count. It is time for Newcom to step it up.

Newcomb, Fried, and Allard all have the talent to develope into Aces and I'm very much anticipating them making their appearance on OUR MLB roster! That said, I see absolutely no reason any of them should see time before Sept. While I do think we will flirt with.500 at least for the first half, how many of us truley think we are a play off team? So why waist the service time? We will have Swanson to be excited about in the first half and possibly Albies in the 2nd half ( tbh, I don't want to waist his service time either), so let's let them chill in the minors this year. Let them compete for a spot next season!

If other teams get hurt and we are all the sudden in contention, I reserve the right to change my mind. But I don't want see them rushed or traded because we have tricked ourselves into thinking we are contending.
    Last edited by SB75; 03-21-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Hot take: Max Fried is in the rotation at the end of the year and either Wisler and/one Blair aren't.
    I could see it. He was impressive during ST and he's another year removed from surgery so the training wheels should come off this year. He has the chance to take off.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State