Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What do we do?

Even without Daley, assuming Russo and Hicketts have another good season in the AHL our D is packedthe season after this one!

DK-Jensen
    XO-
    Kronwall-Big E
    Sproul

So what Daley slides in with XO and we expose Russo to waivers and have Hicketts play another year in the AHL? See what I am saying we keep trying to patchwork our D every year instead of just realizing it's a long term problem that we need to have a long term outlook on and let our young guys have a chance to do something. It's great that they have stated young forwards are getting a shot this year, but those guys will be 27-28 before these young D get a shot and by then their development will be so stunted we get nothing out of them and don't get a chance to take advantage of their ELC!
    Last edited by pidg88; 06-30-2017 at 04:37 PM.

The best thing for this team is for us to not sign Daley, have KH realize and understand that just barely making the playoffs isn't worth putting this rebuild back another year, and just let his young guys grow and draft high for the net 2-3 years. I have faith we will hit some late round gems, clear up some cap space and get out from under some bad contracts and be able to make some moves in 2-3 years time but we have to just ride the waves with what we have until that point. Quit wasting cap and roster spots on old players and setting us back. Give more opportunity to guys like Helm and E to raise their value to trade them and their cap hit away and once our young players are stocked and ready to go make some moves for FA to compliment our young guys.

Yea McIlrath and Lashoff are insurance, the only reason I brought them up was because that's who will be set to slot in if both Kronner and E go down - unless Hicketts has a really strong start. Far from a 0% chance just because they say they feel okay right now. I personally would prefer Hicketts to play one more year in GR, he did extremely well in his first season as a pro though.

I love Nick Jensen, he's not a top pairing D, that's not talking him down at all. I was talking him up real hard after just a few starts while everyone was ******** on him for hurting Howie and for absolutely no reason last season on hfb.
    Sproul, I'm about as low on him now as anyone that's a DRW fan.
    To clarify I have no problem with Russo being up next season.

I would hope that KH does NOT sign anyone and if he does no more than a 1 year deal, but I wouldn't march to KH's house with a torch and pitchfork if he signed Daley. I guess I'm more of a mind that KH is going to spend his cap, it's what he does, so I'm not going to cry about it unless it's a player I hate.

I wanted to delve in a little furthur but I'm about to head out of work and my computer is acting like ****. Leaving for the weekend too so I'll be disposed
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Barring something happening in pre season Kronwall and E will not be on LTIR. Period end of story. Could they end up there? Yes, but they will not start there.

I'm high on Jensen, now he isn't a top pairing guy but in my dream world he would be after Green was traded. Again not that I think he has that upside, but so that he can grow and get good minutes in and we can see what we have.

I'm a little higher on Sproul but only a little. I think he could be an asset if he puts it together and gets a chance but he won't.

That's the thing tho, if you want to spend your cap on 1 year UFAs we can flip fine go ahead, but don't give any older UFA term right now it will just hurt us long term.
    Last edited by pidg88; 06-30-2017 at 06:02 PM.

One of only 2 D I liked on the market, Alzner rumored 4.5m for 5 years. We're going to end up giving. Similar deal to Daley and that just infuriates me.

@RealKyper of @Sportsnet saying Trevor Daley will get a little over $9 million for three years with #RedWings
    via Ansar Khan

Could have been worse I suppose.

It's already been reported by more than just Helene that Witkowski will play forward, so that's fine.

At a two year deal I would have been fine even to bump the cap hit up a little bit. But the three years really bugs me, although the salary is low year three so we could buy out the last year I just wish it was a two year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Honestly I would be fine with both if they both come in cheap. You're right he does play soft but he has the frame to play big is what I was getting at. If he actually learns from a winning culture maybe he gets more engaged? Trust me I know the criticism for him but I think it's worth it. It worries me that Yak wasn't able to do anything on a good team, but I would take a risk there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    It's already been reported by more than just Helene that Witkowski will play forward, so that's fine.

At a two year deal I would have been fine even to bump the cap hit up a little bit. But the three years really bugs me, although the salary is low year three so we could buy out the last year I just wish it was a two year deal.
    Would rather have Frk.

Witkowski is a Michigan boy too. Should have figured Holland would be all over him

Sounds like he is purely for 4th line duty, emergency D if E or Kronny can't play and we can't get someone called up, or will be a healthy scratch.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456