Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 232 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3478
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    It may be dumb on my part, but I've always felt that the 49ers are a team that should be winning with offense. What do most people think of when they think SF football? Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve a Young...innovative offenses that put points on the board. Don't get me wrong, I love me some good defense, but I'm happy to get back to our roots by hiring the top young offensive minded coach that we did. It's going to be a fun run when he gets the players he wants.
    I'm a defensive guy (when I played I was a FB and ILB, but I LOVED the hitting, and not so much the being hit). But it takes longer to build an offensive team that works which has always made me think the most likely way to sustain a team is to have an offensive minded head coach ... I say that knowing full well that the most successful team this generation is lead by a defensive coach, but he may be the greatest coach in pro sports and he's a rarity in that he is great at finding coaching talent and empowering them.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

@mattbarrows: #49ers plan to release linebacker Ahmad Brooks
    m.twitter.com/mattbarrows

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    @mattbarrows: #49ers plan to release linebacker Ahmad Brooks
    m.twitter.com/mattbarrows
    I saw they were still gauging trade interest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I saw they were still gauging trade interest for now.
    Yeah they have until 1 pm to trade him or he will be released

It seems like fans have wanted Brooks gone for a while now but he was pretty consistent, even if unspectacular, throughout the length of his contract. This is the right move though. We aren't winning anything this year, let's see what Harold has.

''Sig by Johnle''

@spotrac: Releasing OLB Ahmad Brooks would clear $5.2M in cap space for the #49ers. Brooks has earned $35.2M in 11 seasons.

So we have more cap to roll over

The 49ers save $5.3 million in cap space by releasing or trading Ahmad Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    @spotrac: Releasing OLB Ahmad Brooks would clear $5.2M in cap space for the #49ers. Brooks has earned $35.2M in 11 seasons.

So we have more cap to roll over
    You beat me to it.

All indications from Shanahan and Saleh the last couple of weeks were that Eli Harold and Ahmad Brooks were practicing at a similar level. If you have two guys, one is young and making $900k and the other is old and making $6 mil, then you go with the young guy. No way was Brooks going to get $6 mil to be a backup. This was the right move.

49ers have officially released Brooks. Kyle Shanahan said that Eli Harold is now the team's starting SAM LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    You beat me to it.
    Lol yeah.

I can't remember where I read it but hypothetically the 49ers will have around 118m in cap space available next year without giving anyone an extension. A lot of players can get the franchise tag but the free agent pool doesn't look atll that bad
    Last edited by D1JM; 08-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    49ers have officially released Brooks. Kyle Shanahan said that Eli Harold is now the team's starting SAM LB.
    About damn time!

They can offer Cousins a 4 year deal and front load the heck out of it. But even with that they are going to have huge money to roll over and they have to spend it all in the next 3 years before the cycle rolls over again.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Dump Brooks, start Harold to see if he's worth keeping around 2018, if not draft another LB or go after a guy in free agency. Makes sense. Especially considering Brooks age/contract. He's just not worth 6 million.

I don't think Harold will help us stop the run. He didnt do much last year but I guess that was a different scheme so we'll see. I just don't think it's there. Even going back to his college tape I just don't see a consistent player. He has flashes then....nothing. It may be who he is. I'd like to be wrong. I
    I hope I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They can offer Cousins a 4 year deal and front load the heck out of it. But even with that they are going to have huge money to roll over and they have to spend it all in the next 3 years before the cycle rolls over again.
    I'm starting to worry about the Cousins situation. I'd love him here but the Rams may go after him as well if Goff flops this year. They'll be desperate for a QB if that happens. New city, new stadium on the way etc. That's why they sold the farm for Goff. It's one reason to root for Goff this year, lol.

If we land Cousins all we need to do is get a WR, pass rush and a halfway decent CB to cover #1's.

I'd LOVE it if we landed Allen Robinson (WR) in free agency along with Cousins. That's my dream scenerio. Then draft a pass rusher, CB and o-line. Hopefully Thomas and Bukner turn it on this year.