Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 212 of 232 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3478
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Hoyer is a far better starting QB RIGHT NOW than Beathard. Without Hoyer the whole team would be in far worse shape right now because training camp needs a strong leader as a player at that QB position.

Hoyer has had some really solid streaks in his career, and I appreciate that he was willing to essentially agree to a 1 year deal as a QB for a bad team.

It's far more likely Beathard gets in the games because of an injury to Hoyer than because Beathard is a better prospect.
    Well yeah, that's why I put down "just preseason" and "if things don't change" and "may see starts" lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Just preseason, but I feel like Beathard may see starts this year if things don't change.

He will start a game or two. No way Hoyer plays all 16.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Dial is a starter in a 3-4 defense and Blair is a young pass rushing DT. Unfortunately neither seem to have a spot on the roster. It'll be a test to Lynch as a GM to get value for players other teams know we probably won't keep.

While expectations are curbed for 2017, the new coach and GM are bringing in players to compete and kick out the older players.

Thus far some of their acquisitions may have just been camp fodder. Zuttah and Kapri Bibbs are either out or on the way out...

So yes, the coach and GM get mostly a free pass in year one, but penalties aren't a part of that free pass.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Heard speculation that Breida didn't get any play last week so they could hide him and sneak him onto the PS ... I hope to hell they don't try.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Heard speculation that Breida didn't get any play last week so they could hide him and sneak him onto the PS ... I hope to hell they don't try.
    Breida be gone before he come close to PS. They should try to sneak Hoyer into PS and hope someone takes him

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Beathard will get the nod if Hoyer and Barkley get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Beathard will get the nod if Hoyer and Barkley get hurt.
    What's the point of playing either Hoyer or Bark if neither has real future on this team?!? We are rebuilding so you play Beathard and see if he grows into his position while he gain invaluable hands on experience to assess next season if he's the one or not. It's what Oakland did with Carr

By sitting him unless the other two are hurt and then sign Cousins next season is the worst thing this team can do going forward. I had stated that signing a hot head like Kirk is an expensive mistake as he will struggle. He won't come close to what Kap did as a starter with us last season even when he didn't have any receiver talent around him
    Last edited by eDush; 08-22-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    What's the point of playing either Hoyer or Bark if neither has real future on this team?!? We are rebuilding so you play Beathard and see if he grows into his position while he gain invaluable hands on experience to assess next season if he's the one or not. It's what Oakland did with Carr

By sitting him unless the other two are hurt and then sign Cousins next season is the worst thing this team can do going forward. I had stated that signing a hot head like Kirk is an expensive mistake as he will struggle. He won't come close to what Kap did as a starter with us last season even when he didn't have any receiver talent around him
    I can see why that won't rush CJ. I absolutely ok with Hoyer starting while other people learn the system. His leadership is worth more than his stats IMO. As far as Kirk, I agree. Signing him would be a huge mistake! The only player that I would like to sign in F.A that looks to command a good sized contract is Allen Robinson. I like Telvin Smith too, but I don't think he's going to get a ton of money.

You don't risk the future when you have guys who can take the proverbial bullet this year. Hoyer will essentially be the guy who suffers if the OL doesn't play well or the offense struggles while it's being installed. If Beathard is in the future plans, there's zero reason to play him until late in the year or if Hoyer goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You don't risk the future when you have guys who can take the proverbial bullet this year. Hoyer will essentially be the guy who suffers if the OL doesn't play well or the offense struggles while it's being installed. If Beathard is in the future plans, there's zero reason to play him until late in the year or if Hoyer goes down.
    This!

Makes sense. I feel the same for guys like Tank & Vance who had their shot. I'd rather see Kittle develop this year, instead of watch, b/c when the team is ready to get decent, we'll have an experienced TE.

There have been grumblings that the team isn't enthused with their guards, so that may result in the QB getting killed, and hence backups playing.

Last podcast I heard from Kevin Lynch mentioned that they may not go with 3 QB's, and instead have 4 TE's.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Makes sense. I feel the same for guys like Tank & Vance who had their shot. I'd rather see Kittle develop this year, instead of watch, b/c when the team is ready to get decent, we'll have an experienced TE.

There have been grumblings that the team isn't enthused with their guards, so that may result in the QB getting killed, and hence backups playing.

Last podcast I heard from Kevin Lynch mentioned that they may not go with 3 QB's, and instead have 4 TE's.
    I'm a firm believer in Walsh's doctrine of starting the younger guy as soon as the position coaches believe he will grow to be better than the veteran starting in front of him now. That said, this team has so little experience it makes it harder to dump the little experience they have.

When McDonald was drafted my complaint immediately was that he set records for having bad hands in college and there was no history of that sort of thing changing from college to the NFL ... here we are years later and he still has the same issue. He needs to go.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Im a big advocate of having only 2 QB on the roster regardless of how bad the o-line is or whether the team is rebuilding or on a contender. If both QB are hurt in the same game, we just have one of the position players on the roster to fill in who may have played QB briefly in college and has been converted to a receiver or a back and can take the punishment under center in the interim. Then pick someone up or off our PS to fill in until one of our two QB can play again. No big deal and much better than having 2 stop gaps with no future on a rebuilding team taking those spots. It's much better filling the available 3rd string qb spot with a position player with promise instead of trying to sneak him into PS hoping he won't be taken.

Ideally our backup QB should be an understudy groom to be our qb of the future while another young qb with greater promise will be our immediate starter and hopefully end up like Dak (whom I wanted us to draft). The Pats continually use a young understudy as Brady primary backup and it works! The Pack has understudies as their backup too. You don't see those contenders keeping 2 wash up backups with no future on the team, one bust was pulled from retirement to be our 3rd stringer . I don't like either Hoyer and Barkley as stop gaps, a concept I failed to see the benefits like they're going to help groom our young QB to play like them? That's the coaches job since Kyle is supposedly a qb guru. Let him do what he does best and coach them up to be successful!

Last edited by eDush; 08-23-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Negatives. The fact that the offense didn't move the ball with the first unit? Check. The defense did nothing to stop KC, and a mediocre offensive football team. We know the secondary is the weakest part of this team, and its best corner missed tackles, and got burned for deep plays. He did get an INT on the 2nd drive against a backup QB not named Mahomes. Blocked punt. Missed FG. 14 penalties, including an unnecessary roughness penalty on Eric Reid (Veteran) away from the play.

Red zone offense was atrocious, except in garbage time where the 4th stringers scored 18 points to win the game.

Overall, the team seemed unprepared. It's the kind of performance I'd expect Jim Harbaugh to have with no off-season OTA's and limited camp.

As for the rookies, the hype has been around Foster & Thomas & Kittle (DNP). The rookies that flashed were CJ and Joe Williams.

I wasn't impressed by any of the defensive players in that game. None. Buckner got hurt early, didn't register a tackle. Not sure if Armstead played, didn't notice him, didn't register a tackle. Thomas was a little disruptive, but then tripped over himself on the Chief's TD pass by Mahomes. Foster had a couple tackles but nothing significant.

All in all, the niners have a LOT of work to do. 6 wins is still the goal, but anyone who thought this is a good team is clueless or delusional. They aren't.
    It's preseason year one of a rebuild after being one of the worst 2 teams in the NFL.

Not only did Baalke flush talent down the toilet with poor drafts but we also had a few good players leave. The 49ers have sunk to the bottom.

On top of all that we have new systems on both sides of the ball. Of course we're not going to be a great or even good team. Once the actual season starts and guys get more experience in the new system we're looking for IMPROVEMENT.

Key word, improvement.

We won't know what the situation is till at least week 8 of the reg season. As far as the overall season I'm looking for about 5 wins tops. I'm looking for Hoyer to be good enough that we can get the rest of the offense up and running- get everyone flowing in the new system.

"Flowing" doesn't have to be the greatest show on earth it just means plays are executed as written with enough success to build on in 2018. I have a feeling we'll be drafting QB in 2018 or will go after Cousins. Beathard could also surprise but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

On defense, ya, I agree. Buk and Armstead need to start showing some game but it's the same situation as the offense. A new scheme, new DC, new guys all around learning and adjusting. I hope Foster breaks out. Watching that unfold will make games entertaining in and of itself.

2017 is all about setting the foundations for future success. Fielding a more competitive team will be a success (for this year, even if we go 4-12.) Anyone who thinks we're going to the playoffs this year is just a tad too exuberant. Anyone complaining about us sucking lacks patience. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rebuild. Unless we end up 1-15 while playing even worse than last year. Even then, we'd be in a position to draft whoever we want so there would be a silver lining. lol

I'm a firm believer in Walsh's doctrine of starting the younger guy as soon as the position coaches believe he will grow to be better than the veteran starting in front of him now. That said, this team has so little experience it makes it harder to dump the little experience they have.

When McDonald was drafted my complaint immediately was that he set records for having bad hands in college and there was no history of that sort of thing changing from college to the NFL ... here we are years later and he still has the same issue. He needs to go.
    He'd be gone this year if Baalke didn't throw a truckload of cash at him. I have mixed opinions on Vance. He's a great blocker and can get open for some big plays but ya, the drops. Some of them are bad drops that turn into ints. Game losing drops. If we were a playoff team I wouldn't want him on the field catching (dropping) passes. If he doesn't show up big time this year he'll be gone in 2018 for sure IMO.

I already like the Beathard/Kittle look. Hopefully that turns into something in the near future.