Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 232 1231151101 ... LastLast

2017 Off-Season Discussion Thread

I did not see a thread for off-season discussion. We are pretty much into the off-season so lets discuss.

It should be a very eventful off-season considering new gm, new coach, a ton of cap room, and a bunch of high draft picks.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 01-31-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Yeah I was just waiting till the SB passed and maybe till the Shannahan hire was official, but this is fine.

This should be a fun offseason. It's off to an interesting start.

Corey Davis hurt his ankle, may miss Combine.

That could be good news. Possibly fall to round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    That could be good news. Possibly fall to round 2?
    Ehhh, I wouldn't go that far. Combine is only in doubt, and barring a set back he'll have his pro day. Worst case, maybe falls to the late teens/playoff team area of the 1st.

Bills let assistant DB coach Ed Reed go, maybe someone to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'm betting that current 49ers DB coach Jeff Hafley is someone that Shanahan retains.

Ehhh, I wouldn't go that far. Combine is only in doubt, and barring a set back he'll have his pro day. Worst case, maybe falls to the late teens/playoff team area of the 1st.
    Unless he broke it, I doubt he falls at all.

Supposing we went "all-in" on next season and traded the #2 pick for Brown and was able to sign Cousins in FA.

With the team we currently have with a Cousins/Brown passing attack and Shanahan, how many wins do you think we'd get? Would we make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Supposing we went "all-in" on next season and traded the #2 pick for Brown and was able to sign Cousins in FA.

With the team we currently have with a Cousins/Brown passing attack and Shanahan, how many wins do you think we'd get? Would we make the playoffs?
    With Cousins, Brown, Smith, Hyde, I think we could potentially be talking an offense that could maybe carry to the playoffs, tho the NFC feels like it could take 10 wins for a WC spot so maybe not. How the defense would fair is hard to say. Less time on field, and teams possibly having to play from behind against us would be helpful, but there are still spots that need good players till it would be playoff level even then.

Word has it Ray Lewis is looking to get into coaching as well. There we have it. Ed Reed the DBs coach and Ray Lewis LB coach and Justin Smith DL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

We'd be 6-10. Brown would be a great addition. Cousins would still be a slightly above average Qb, and our defense would still be bad
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by savimoosavi View Post
    Word has it Ray Lewis is looking to get into coaching as well. There we have it. Ed Reed the DBs coach and Ray Lewis LB coach and Justin Smith DL coach.
    Great players don't necessarily make great coaches. Ed Reed out after one year should say something. I'd rather no have a defense filled with first time assistant coaches.

The Peters hiring is HUGE. I've read nothing but great things about him and, being a college guy, gets us a little caught up in the draft process. I think Tom Gamble would be good to keep around, and I think Lynch could add someone else on the pro scouting side, leading into free agency, but he's definitely off to a good start.

''Sig by Johnle''

Page 1 of 232 1231151101 ... LastLast