Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3005
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    If you can afford to you might as well go. Always best to spend that money when you're young enough to make it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'd really like to go, but at the same time that money could go towards alot of other stuff I could use.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31526058
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    If you can afford to you might as well go. Always best to spend that money when you're young enough to make it back.

Yeah I'd really like to go, but at the same time that money could go towards alot of other stuff I could use.
    If I was you i'd look for a cheaper opportunity. I wouldn't go for $800, that's a little absurd to hear guy's names called and see them on stage for 2 seconds. It'd be cool to go once but it will also be veeeeerrrrryyy boring. At least watching the draft at home you can hear some analysis in between picks rather than sitting there fiddling your thumbs. Just my opinion.

''Sig by Johnle''

I'd take Hooker without hesitation. He's an elite prospect as a FS in our D. Jimmie Ward isn't someone that should cause you to look elsewhere. I'd take Hooker and leave Jimmie at CB, where he's been solid. Ward could be a good FS and if we don't take Hooker that's where I want him but his potential is nowhere near Hooker's.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    If I was you i'd look for a cheaper opportunity. I wouldn't go for $800, that's a little absurd to hear guy's names called and see them on stage for 2 seconds. It'd be cool to go once but it will also be veeeeerrrrryyy boring. At least watching the draft at home you can hear some analysis in between picks rather than sitting there fiddling your thumbs. Just my opinion.
    To be fair, it's the only one available and it's the VIP package. You get VIP seating for rounds 2-7, get access to the red carpet area, get to meet an unspecified NFL legend, catered food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31526123
    To be fair, it's the only one available and it's the VIP package. You get VIP seating for rounds 2-7, get access to the red carpet area, get to meet an unspecified NFL legend, catered food, etc.
    Tempting... But, man the 4-7 rounds are going to draaaagggg.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    the real deal breaker is does it include beer?

Tempting... But, man the 4-7 rounds are going to draaaagggg.
    Yeah that's what's pushing me towards not. If it was 1-3 I'd have ordered them hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    the real deal breaker is does it include beer?
    Sober since '12 lol

On the locked on 49ers podcast the host of the browns locked on show was a guest and said the browns DC Greg Williams is flat out saying they are going to take Garrett, which we all were expecting.

The interesting thing he brought up though was the brown FO hired the creator of the Harvard draft value chart and according to that the value of them trading back up to our spot (for Trubisky) would be picks 12 and 52. He mentioned he could see the browns potentially trading 2 more seconds next year to make it happen as well.

So would you guys trade:

For

2 2017 2nds?
    Last edited by Lloyd Christmas; 03-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    On the locked on 49ers podcast the host of the browns locked on show was a guest and said the browns DC Greg Williams is flat out saying they are going to take Garrett, which we all were expecting.

The interesting thing he brought up though was the brown FO hired the creator of the Harvard draft value chart and according to that the value of them trading back up to our spot (for Trubisky) would be picks 12 and 52. He mentioned he could see the browns potentially trading 2 more seconds next year to make it happen as well.

So would you guys trade:

For

2 2017 2nds?
    If they offered it I'd probably say no. But that's just me. I don't feel that's enough
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

So would you guys trade:

For

2 2017 2nds?
    To trade that far back I want next years 1st along with that.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sober since '12 lol
    Damn that's a long time congrats. 800 dollars is a lot. Wings, pizza and Dr Pepper for like 50 bucks sounds a lot better lol. That's just me though

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since McCoy arrived. David Johnson had an MVP type season and the Cardinals were under .500. Elliot is good, but c'mon that offensive line is an all-time great line. Bell is very good and a difference maker but he's not the only weapon in that offense, Ben is a HOF and Brown is a top WR.

Adrian Peterson is probably the greatest RB of this generation and he has won ONE playoff game his entire career and that was with Brett Favre.

Name one team that won a SB because of an elite RB.....
    Not trying to pick a fight here, but I think that's a faulty way of looking at things. To answer the question anyway; the 2000 Ravens' offense was pretty much all Jamaal Lewis and Priest Holmes, and the 90's Cowboys were largely Emmitt Smith. Of course, they had great offensive lines too, and the game has evolved tremendously but, again, I think this is altogether a faulty exercise.

For starters, you can't disqualify the Cowboys as an example because they have an "all time great" line. That's like saying elite players have to win a super bowl all on their own. How many QBs win a Super Bowl without good receivers, good running backs, and/or a good offensive line? Are the Ravens disqualified because they had an all-time great defense? How about the Seahawks and Broncos?

It's nearly as improbable for a team that isn't good in multiple facets of the game to win it all as it is for a team to win it all without a great QB. The question should be, in the given strategy, is your ground game strong enough to make up for any shortcomings in the passing game? Or does the opposite hold true?

Ultimately, I love Hyde as a runner, but if given a choice, I'd rather have an elite running back. I get it, you'd rather build a team around Joe Montana than Barry Sanders and I would too, but at this point, we don't have either of them. The possibility of Kirk Cousins coming next year is hardly the same thing as having an elite QB in hand and it doesn't appear like anyone is pining over Trubisky at #2.

I actually brought up taking Fournette at 2 a couple of months ago because, at the time, many had Allen as the surefire second pick. Given all the known variables, I saw both Allen and Fournette as being in similar boats regarding talent and team needs, but I was making the argument that Fournette was actually the more talented player of the two and that he might represent a replacement for Hyde in a year.

I've actually gone away from taking Fournette at 2 because I am of the mind that we have other significant and more immediate needs too address here. Still, I wouldn't mind taking an elite back to pair with Cousins and a big FA WR next year. I also wouldn't mind buying on Williams or Lattimore at number 2.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

So would you guys trade:

For

2 2017 2nds?
    It has to start with 12 and 33 plus more.

Their Next year second picks are: Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

They will most likely offer the eagles and houstons

Ideally I would love for us to trade down, but if that doesn't happen we should grab Fournette #2. I love Carlos Hyde, I think he has Pro Bowl potential: however, he can't stay healthy for a full 16 games AND he's entering the last year of his rookie contract. Drafting Fournette would give us a legitimate offense. A 1-2 combination of Fournette and Hyde would make life for Hoyer so much easier. If our draft went something like

Round 1 (2): Leonard Fournette
    Round 2 (34): Adoree Jackson
    Round 3 (66): Raekwon McMillon

I would be ecstatic.

I would also be equally happy if we trade down, acquire more draft picks and fill more needs.