Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 119 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3095
    Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Why not keep ward at corner and pick up hooker?
    What does Ward give us that Brock doesn't in this zone scheme. They both are shorter than need be for the position and both would need to be replaced soon. So why put Ward in a losing situation when you can use his talents at FS. That's his more natural position and we would be replacing him with out even trying him out.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    What does Ward give us that Brock doesn't in this zone scheme. They both are shorter than need be for the position and both would need to be replaced soon. So why put Ward in a losing situation when you can use his talents at FS. That's his more natural position and we would be replacing him with out even trying him out.
    i just question his durability, especially at FS. i guess we won't know unless we give him a try. he's going into his 4th year and he has missed around a dozen games playing corner. tbh, i still don't know who we should take at 2. our FA signings were more like stop gap signings

I like Fournette, but no, can't see them going that way at #2. A 1-2 punch with Hyde sounds great, but we need so many other things. Most of our CBs are FAs next year. We have little outside pass rush and Brooks is a FA next year. We have Garcon and a handful of niche WRs, no real #1 option. We have an aging Bowman, Smith and mostly STs level LBs.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    I just want that " special " player when picking this high, regardless of position. Don't take Fournette because we have Hyde? Why take a safety then when we have two first round picks and a second at the position? Everyone wants Garrett, but you can pick apart any other potential pick at this point. We screwed up so bad winning that late game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I like Fournette, but no, can't see them going that way at #2. A 1-2 punch with Hyde sounds great, but we need so many other things. Most of our CBs are FAs next year. We have little outside pass rush and Brooks is a FA next year. We have Garcon and a handful of niche WRs, no real #1 option. We have an aging Bowman, Smith and mostly STs level LBs.
    Well, if we have a smart draft...We can fill every single one of those positions, while taking Fournette. I wouldn't mind taking him, at all. Hyde is also a FA next year.

IF we take Fournette, we can pick up a CB in the 2nd round. We can take a pass rusher in the 3rd and a LB in the 4th. WR, not sure we can pick one up in this years draft. But, that's why we have a ton of money still for next year and will likely have a high draft pick next year.

If we sign Cousins next year, that first pick can be for a WR or a LT. We can also sign Cousins and a FA WR. There are a bunch that are FA's next year, at least 3 of them will become FA's.

I'm not saying to take Fournette, but I wouldn't be against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Well, if we have a smart draft...We can fill every single one of those positions, while taking Fournette. I wouldn't mind taking him, at all. Hyde is also a FA next year.

IF we take Fournette, we can pick up a CB in the 2nd round. We can take a pass rusher in the 3rd and a LB in the 4th. WR, not sure we can pick one up in this years draft. But, that's why we have a ton of money still for next year and will likely have a high draft pick next year.

If we sign Cousins next year, that first pick can be for a WR or a LT. We can also sign Cousins and a FA WR. There are a bunch that are FA's next year, at least 3 of them will become FA's.

I'm not saying to take Fournette, but I wouldn't be against it.
    I wouldn't be against it, but that's putting an awful lot of chips on banking later round diamonds. Deep drafts don't mean "pass now because you can get later", to me they are "in case you miss now, you can try later". Fournette screams luxury pick to me right now. Hyde is one of the few guys I expect back on a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I just want that " special " player when picking this high, regardless of position. Don't take Fournette because we have Hyde? Why take a safety then when we have two first round picks and a second at the position? Everyone wants Garrett, but you can pick apart any other potential pick at this point. We screwed up so bad winning that late game last year.
    I just don't see the point, we are going to move more away from running under Shannahan by all accounts on his previous offenses. Balanced or maybe slightly more passing. That and he seems to value versatility out of his backs, and Fournette is not much of a pass catcher. If we're going to take a RB, might as well be Cook who fits a whole lot better.

I'd rather part ways with Hyde in the offseason and bring brock back. (if we draft Fournette)
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'd rather part ways with Hyde in the offseason and bring brock back. (if we draft Fournette)
    I've never seen much from Brock to make me want to keep him to be honest.

I've never seen much from Brock to make me want to keep him to be honest.
    That's fine. I'm just saying, I'd rather keep him than keep a guy who can't stay healthy and then pay him.

I just have never seen a RB as a cornerstone, franchise player that you'd want to draft that high. It's the least valuable position in the league IMO.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I just have never seen a RB as a cornerstone, franchise player that you'd want to draft that high. It's the least valuable position in the league IMO.
    I don't disagree, but you look at teams that have that elite running back, and they are usually a team that is going to compete every year. I mean when Lynch was there, they were always good, Bell in Pitt, Cowboys with Elliot, David Johnson, McCoy...

I mean if you have a running back who can catch and run, you have yourself a competitive team.

Bills outside of McCoy have nothing on offense really...but yet they competed every game. David Johnson a do it all back, would keep them in games until Turnover Palmer would screw up. Elliot would run wild as would Bell.

If you build your team to run the ball, have a very strong defense and you have an offense who can run the ball effectively, pass the ball when needed effectively, you are going to have a team who wins more often than not.

I fully expect in this years draft that we will/should be able to find starters for this team in the first 3 rounds. Fournette (not saying take him) Pass rush or WR, and then in the 3rd take a linebacker/Pass rush/CB, which ever we didn't hit on in the 2nd round.

We could walk away with a bell cow who we can bring in and slowly let him take over from Hyde. We can get our big receiver in the 2nd round in JuJu, we can get a pass rusher in the 3rd round. And with how deep the CB's are in this draft, we could find a very good contributor in the 4th round.

Then next year, if we sign Cousins, we can attack what is left.

Drafting Fournette, is again not what I am wanting us to do, I'll still be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06:31525882
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I don't disagree, but you look at teams that have that elite running back, and they are usually a team that is going to compete every year. I mean when Lynch was there, they were always good, Bell in Pitt, Cowboys with Elliot, David Johnson, McCoy...

I mean if you have a running back who can catch and run, you have yourself a competitive team.

Bills outside of McCoy have nothing on offense really...but yet they competed every game. David Johnson a do it all back, would keep them in games until Turnover Palmer would screw up. Elliot would run wild as would Bell.

If you build your team to run the ball, have a very strong defense and you have an offense who can run the ball effectively, pass the ball when needed effectively, you are going to have a team who wins more often than not.

I fully expect in this years draft that we will/should be able to find starters for this team in the first 3 rounds. Fournette (not saying take him) Pass rush or WR, and then in the 3rd take a linebacker/Pass rush/CB, which ever we didn't hit on in the 2nd round.

We could walk away with a bell cow who we can bring in and slowly let him take over from Hyde. We can get our big receiver in the 2nd round in JuJu, we can get a pass rusher in the 3rd round. And with how deep the CB's are in this draft, we could find a very good contributor in the 4th round.

Then next year, if we sign Cousins, we can attack what is left.

Drafting Fournette, is again not what I am wanting us to do, I'll still be happy with it.
    The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since McCoy arrived. David Johnson had an MVP type season and the Cardinals were under .500. Elliot is good, but c'mon that offensive line is an all-time great line. Bell is very good and a difference maker but he's not the only weapon in that offense, Ben is a HOF and Brown is a top WR.

Adrian Peterson is probably the greatest RB of this generation and he has won ONE playoff game his entire career and that was with Brett Favre.

Name one team that won a SB because of an elite RB.....

''Sig by Johnle''

Personally, I'd go with someone later, RB is also pretty good throughout. Hyde has shown he's a good RB, we just need that set #2 who can spell him enough that the wear and tear stays down while also still contributing. Personally I like Hunt.

On a side note, I'm torn on going to the Draft in Philly. There's a VIP package for 800 bucks, but it would severely crimp my budget. Might be my only shot at going for awhile tho.

Personally, I'd go with someone later, RB is also pretty good throughout. Hyde has shown he's a good RB, we just need that set #2 who can spell him enough that the wear and tear stays down while also still contributing. Personally I like Hunt.

On a side note, I'm torn on going to the Draft in Philly. There's a VIP package for 800 bucks, but it would severely crimp my budget. Might be my only shot at going for awhile tho.
    If you can afford to you might as well go. Always best to spend that money when you're young enough to make it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain