Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 210 of 212 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3168
    Negatives. The fact that the offense didn't move the ball with the first unit? Check. The defense did nothing to stop KC, and a mediocre offensive football team. We know the secondary is the weakest part of this team, and its best corner missed tackles, and got burned for deep plays. He did get an INT on the 2nd drive against a backup QB not named Mahomes. Blocked punt. Missed FG. 14 penalties, including an unnecessary roughness penalty on Eric Reid (Veteran) away from the play.

Red zone offense was atrocious, except in garbage time where the 4th stringers scored 18 points to win the game.

Overall, the team seemed unprepared. It's the kind of performance I'd expect Jim Harbaugh to have with no off-season OTA's and limited camp.

As for the rookies, the hype has been around Foster & Thomas & Kittle (DNP). The rookies that flashed were CJ and Joe Williams.

I wasn't impressed by any of the defensive players in that game. None. Buckner got hurt early, didn't register a tackle. Not sure if Armstead played, didn't notice him, didn't register a tackle. Thomas was a little disruptive, but then tripped over himself on the Chief's TD pass by Mahomes. Foster had a couple tackles but nothing significant.

All in all, the niners have a LOT of work to do. 6 wins is still the goal, but anyone who thought this is a good team is clueless or delusional. They aren't.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    As usual, you are exaggerating and overreacting.
    Only one game, and not exaggerating, I listed the poor play.

First, I think that our second and third teams outplayed the Chiefs.
    Third team definitely did, the proof was in the scoreboard. second team is pure opinion. I also know Chiefs fans were happy with that performance.

Many of our rookies looked good: Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, Joe Williams, CJ Beathard, and Matt Breida (aside from the fumble).
    I guess if they are out there they look good? Your barometer of measurement is suspect, and is probably filled with bias. Thomas & Foster combined for 4 tackles, and they played a significant amount of snaps. Williams was the best, Breida was good and bad, CJ was solid.

There were some negatives, but certainly not what you are making it out to be. They need the secondary to play better, but we need to keep in mind that our starting FS and #2 CB were out.
    Now that's an exaggeration or underinflation. 14 penalties, a blocked punt, a missed FG, and two to three failed red zones... not to mention 1st team defense getting scored upon with 7, and 1st team offense doing not a darn thing.

They certainly have areas that they need to improve, but let's not overblow it.
    Let's not sugar coat it either. This is still projected to be a bad team, a 6 win team at best. Which means they will be bad, don't be upset b/c a bad team played that way.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Eric Branch's article on SF Gate... compared it to 2016. It's just one game, and his first game, but it just shows you from where they are coming from. Rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up.

"49ers start poorly in sloppy win..."

I love things like "the leading tackler is someone who may not make the team". No ****. The deep depth players see more time. It's simple cause and effect of the preseason. Marcus Rush is going to shatter preseason sack records, but he doesn't even play with the 1s for any team during the regular season.

49ers start slowly in sloppy win could be a tag line from last year or the Harbaugh years. It's game one with a team rebuilding, starters out especially in the secondary, and with coaches doing new things for the 1st time and employing vanilla schemes. Saying it's "the worst game the 49ers have ever played" is sheer nonsense.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 08-12-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Very few logical fans expect fireworks from this years team, I doubt even the team does considering 6 year contracts for the HC and GM. I think most forward minded fans could even care less how bad the record is as long as we see flashes of improvement from players and coaches during the year.

We've got, I believe, the best cap situation moving onward, and only one or two teams have more early picks next year. Worrying about being a 6 win team or not is just going to cause meaningless arguments.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 08-12-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I love things like "the leading tackler is someone who may not make the team". No ****. The deep depth players see more time. It's simple cause and effect of the preseason. Marcus Rush is going to shatter preseason sack records, but he doesn't even play with the 1s for any team during the regular season.

49ers start slowly in sloppy win could be a tag line from last year or the Harbaugh years. It's game one with a team rebuilding, starters out especially in the secondary, and with coaches doing new things for the 1st time and employing vanilla schemes. Saying it's "the worst game the 49ers have ever played" is sheer nonsense.
    Bull****! The fact that our leading tackler wasn't someone who played in 2 series shows how terrible this team is! If you can't lead the team in tackling in only 5 plays then you're a bust!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Let's see, starters out, new schemes on both sides of the ball, and people are shocked by sloppy play against a team that's had the same coach and many vets for years. SMH.
    Yeah! Lynch and Shanahan should be fired! How dare they struggle in the first pre-season game where 2/3 of the roster is changing and everything about their schemes have changed.

The fact is that the 49ers are not a good team ... people complaining that they are not have not been paying attention. It's going to take some time to make the team good ... at least for the first time in a long time there is hope.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Very few logical fans expect fireworks from this years team, I doubt even the team does considering 6 year contracts for the HC and GM. I think most forward minded fans could even care less how bad the record is as long as we see flashes of improvement from players and coaches during the year.

We've got, I believe, the best cap situation moving onward, and only one or two teams have more early picks next year. Worrying about being a 6 win team or not is just going to cause meaningless arguments.

While I agree with all of what you said, there are fans that expect this team to win 8-10 games, some mentioning playoffs, and others that have put Harbaugh first year like expectations.

Most on this board do not, but the articles stemming from this game were "poor"... I called it the same. It was a poorly played game, which is expected from pre-season. The 49ers have a lot of work to do. You don't disagree with the context of my point.

They sucked. That's all. They are expected to suck, and they did precisely that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah! Lynch and Shanahan should be fired! How dare they struggle in the first pre-season game where 2/3 of the roster is changing and everything about their schemes have changed.

The fact is that the 49ers are not a good team ... people complaining that they are not have not been paying attention. It's going to take some time to make the team good ... at least for the first time in a long time there is hope.

Just goes to show you how poorly Baalke put this team in a hole. Gonna take years to come out of it. They just lack the horses.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Bull****! The fact that our leading tackler wasn't someone who played in 2 series shows how terrible this team is! If you can't lead the team in tackling in only 5 plays then you're a bust!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love those that don't actually do any research. Thomas & Foster were amongst the leaders in snaps played.

Against backups they didn't flash, maybe they weren't supposed to, maybe they don't know the system yet. Maybe that's why neither 1st round pick is currently projected as a starter. They will by week 6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    While I agree with all of what you said, there are fans that expect this team to win 8-10 games, some mentioning playoffs, and others that have put Harbaugh first year like expectations.

Most on this board do not, but the articles stemming from this game were "poor"... I called it the same. It was a poorly played game, which is expected from pre-season. The 49ers have a lot of work to do. You don't disagree with the context of my point.

They sucked. That's all. They are expected to suck, and they did precisely that.
    There's a difference between calling it a poor game or they just sucked, and calling it possibly the worst game the 49ers may have ever played. A take away like that from a situation like this, where neither team fielded their entire starters for more than a series or two, is going really far out on a limb.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Love those that don't actually do any research. Thomas & Foster were amongst the leaders in snaps played.

Against backups they didn't flash, maybe they weren't supposed to, maybe they don't know the system yet. Maybe that's why neither 1st round pick is currently projected as a starter. They will by week 6 though.
    Foster is projected to start though.

If Calvin Johnson un retires , I say grab him!

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Foster is projected to start though.
    As is Thomas. And both certainly did flash in the game.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    If Calvin Johnson un retires , I say grab him!
    Wouldn't he still be under contract? And why come to us over a more likely contender?