Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232
Results 3,466 to 3,478 of 3478
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Bowman, Foster and Reid will change that alone.
    Bowman is pissed off, he's going to be playing with a chip in his shoulder this year. You read that new interview? Too many people harping on about him "losing a step" etc. I hope he has a great season and extends it for 3-4 more years on the Niners. If Bowman and Foster both play to their peak potential our defense will be a force once more. We still need to get that pass rusher off the edge. A new Aldon. Thomas will be our new Justin Smith.

I wish Aaron Lynch wasn't so unmotivated. Or whatever it is that keeps him from realizing his full potential. He always seems just on the cusp of breaking out.

I'm torn between drafting pass rusher or WR with our second pick 2018. If we land Cousins I'd be torn between pass rusher and WR with our first pick. Would probably go with pass rusher and get an established WR via free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Rosen has that cockiness to him, that I feel like Shanny will love.
    His overall vibe reminds me of Rodgers when he was in college. I'm a Cal fan so I remember it well. His pocket game also reminds me of Matt Ryan.

If we get Rosen we'll need a good pass blocking line and a #1 WR. He's not great at extending broken plays. He does much better within the confines of a system- within the pocket. Give him 2.5 to 3 seconds in a clean pocket and he'll carve defenses up going deep. I think he may have a higher ceiling than Cousins but it's still a gamble. I'm not sure if Rosen is a sure thing. lol

From the tape I've seen Rosen could be a great fit for Shanahan's system. I like Darnold too but Darnold often relies on extending plays outside the pocket. Darnold's mechanics are nowhere near as good as Rosen's. I'd take either QB but Rosen seems to be the better fit.

If we drafted Rosen I'd still want Hoyer to start for a year. Hoyer would be a good teacher for a rookie. Beathard is lucky to be in this situation but I don't see Beathard as a FQB. Maybe he can pull it off but IMO he'd need a REALLY good supporting cast. I see Beathard as a good backup until proven otherwise.

Anyway, I like Cousins or Rosen for our future QB. I think we have a pretty good chance of landing one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Bowman is pissed off, he's going to be playing with a chip in his shoulder this year. You read that new interview? Too many people harping on about him "losing a step" etc. I hope he has a great season and extends it for 3-4 more years on the Niners. If Bowman and Foster both play to their peak potential our defense will be a force once more. We still need to get that pass rusher off the edge. A new Aldon. Thomas will be our new Justin Smith.

I wish Aaron Lynch wasn't so unmotivated. Or whatever it is that keeps him from realizing his full potential. He always seems just on the cusp of breaking out.

I'm torn between drafting pass rusher or WR with our second pick 2018. If we land Cousins I'd be torn between pass rusher and WR with our first pick. Would probably go with pass rusher and get an established WR via free agency.
    Yea I read it. He's going to be a candidate for DPOY I bet.

As for next year, if we get Cousins, then I want a number 1 receiver VIA FA. If and ONLY IF that happens, would I be on board going after Key if that's a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I like Beathard BUT there's some issues. His accuracy has been off and he needs to do better sensing pressure.

In his defense he was playing with a weak o-line and RB's also let rushers through but he had this issue in college too. I like that he said "screw it" and started rushing. Didn't know he had it in him.

Of the two issues I think accuracy is most important. When or if he plays in the future I don't want to see many balls in the dirt, thrown behind etc. I have no doubt Shanahan will be working on his issues.

It's too early to make a definitive judgement but my initial impression is that he has the chance to be a solid NFL caliber back up in this league. He's not a starter.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

I also think Beathard will be a good backup/spot starter, like a Matt Moore. I would like to see him this year over Hoyer, just to see what we have in him and see if he can be something more.

As far as the college QB's, we haven't talked about Lamar Jackson enough(at all?). He could be what we thought Kaepernick could be. He's an elite athlete, with a rocket arm, but also seems to have the touch Kaepernick lacked. I still prefer Darnold, Rosen, and Allen but Jackson is creeping up and is a very intriguing prospect.

''Sig by Johnle''

I think Beathard will be a decent backup, but I think he could also be a mid-level starter. To become a top level starter he'll have to have some of those magic plays and we won't know if he has that until he's actually player.

We know he's tough, he can move, he's got a decent arm and motion ... what we don't know is does have have "it" ... his college system didn't really allow it to show if he does have it.

It's not the way to bet, but he could still be a star.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I'd like to see Beathard with decent blocking and a couple very good WR's. Garcon is good, Goodwin is fast but we need a large/tall true #1 ball hawk. Beathard didn't really have much talent on his 2016 team and it showed. He had a little talent around him in 2015 and he played well. I don't think he'll be the sort of elite QB that will make everyone around him better. He's going to need serious skill at the skill positions.

Speaking of WR...in the 2018 draft I like Simmie Cobbs, Equanimeous St. Brown and Courtland Sutton. Not necessarily in that order. Probably reversed with Sutton as my favorite at this point. Cobbs could surpass him if he keeps playing like he did week 1.

St Brown is also impressive. I'm going to start watching more tape from these 3 soon. Last time I did this with WR's was back in 2014. I wanted us to draft Allen Robinson. Baalke waited till the 4th and got Ellington. IMO this years WR class may be as deep as 2014 depending how this season plays out. Maybe not as deep but it should be good. Same with QB. Rosen is my "draft crush" at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I also think Beathard will be a good backup/spot starter, like a Matt Moore. I would like to see him this year over Hoyer, just to see what we have in him and see if he can be something more.

As far as the college QB's, we haven't talked about Lamar Jackson enough(at all?). He could be what we thought Kaepernick could be. He's an elite athlete, with a rocket arm, but also seems to have the touch Kaepernick lacked. I still prefer Darnold, Rosen, and Allen but Jackson is creeping up and is a very intriguing prospect.
    Jackson isn't built or good for a Shanahan offense IMO.

I don't even think Darnold or Allen would be a fit for our system. Rosen was built to play for Kyle Shanahan. If we don't land Cousins I'd move mountains to draft Rosen. Well, I wouldn't give up too much draft capital but I'd consider giving up a second and third if we had to move up a few spots. If Darnold, Allen and Jackson have great seasons we may not have to move up for Rosen. If we could draft him without moving up I'd **** my pants. Then we'd have two second rounders and two thirds in order to address other needs like WR, CB, o-line and pass rusher.

If we land Cousins then I'd really want WR or pass rusher in the first rd. Whatever happens it's going to be an exciting draft. We're going to hit skill positions early in 2018 IMO (QB/WR). Baalke ignored them far too long.

Heck, Hoyer might even surprise everyone this year. If he stays healthy he may land somewhere between rank 10-15 at the end of the year. What do we do if that happens? If he gets close to Cousins production do we still go after Cousins? Do we draft a QB early rd 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Beathard will be a decent backup, but I think he could also be a mid-level starter. To become a top level starter he'll have to have some of those magic plays and we won't know if he has that until he's actually player.

We know he's tough, he can move, he's got a decent arm and motion ... what we don't know is does have have "it" ... his college system didn't really allow it to show if he does have it.

It's not the way to bet, but he could still be a star.
    The offense was run heavy and had a lot of pro concepts. He showed he could run a pro-style offense but his WR's were trash in 2016 which made it hard for lamen such as myself to evaluate him. He did make some good throws in 2016 but his deep ball accuracy wasn't good. Took too many sacks as well. From what I've seen of him on the 49ers his accuracy seems to be an issue. Hoyer is 100% the better QB right now. He could be ready to turn the corner and become a decent starter in the NFL. If he can stay healthy and upright.

The offense was run heavy and had a lot of pro concepts. He showed he could run a pro-style offense but his WR's were trash in 2016 which made it hard for lamen such as myself to evaluate him. He did make some good throws in 2016 but his deep ball accuracy wasn't good. Took too many sacks as well. From what I've seen of him on the 49ers his accuracy seems to be an issue. Hoyer is 100% the better QB right now. He could be ready to turn the corner and become a decent starter in the NFL. If he can stay healthy and upright.
    Yeah, his line at Iowa last year was trash too. He does need work on moving in the pocket and getting rid of the ball. I think his accuracy is good when he sets and delivers. No question he needs work before he's better than Hoyer ... if ever.

On the draft, if we get Cousins and Key is gone I'd go OT with Adams or McGlinchey probably. If Cousins doesn't come I'd go Rosen and try to get back into the first to get one of the top 4 OTs or Dorance Armstrong. I don't generally support early picks for interior O linemen ... but I could see a 2nd and 3rd being spent there next year ... unless the dumpster fire we have now is somehow transformed during the season.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I know it's just Hawaii, but Josh Rosen 22 of 25 (88.0% comp.) for 329 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 INTS.

I'd love it if we got Ridley or Deon Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:31842285
    I know it's just Hawaii, but Josh Rosen 22 of 25 (88.0% comp.) for 329 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 INTS.
    I think him and Darnold are the top two QB's in the draft and are going to separate themselves by the end of the year. Allen is probably next with elite traits and then there's a handful of guys, including Jackson and Rudolph, in the next tier.

''Sig by Johnle''