Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New/Old to PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    To be honest, I'm not familiar with MLBTR or fangraphs. My love for baseball and basketball has diminished over the years. As for Rotoworld, I am familiar with them and it's totally fine linking them as the source. Maybe a baseball mod can answer on the other two you've mentioned.

There's a difference between linking reliable sources and promoting other sites/forums. Sites that may lure our members away usually have forums that have the same type of community that we have here.

Forums like Reddit and W⅁ๅɐəଧ are threats to a site like ours and promoting those forums will get users in trouble. Linking a post/article from either site is extremely prohibited.

I usually wouldn't discuss this with you here but since we're on the subject I'll go ahead and put it out there.

We're currently discussing a rule change, in certain cases the spamming/linking infraction might be lessoned. Most of us feel the 15 points penalty should be for posters trying to lure our members away. Promoting or linking sites like Reddit and W⅁ๅɐəଧ will get hit with 15 points.

Promoting or linking personal sites/articles/blogs/podcast, etc. will only get 5 points. Basically, BW52 would get 5 points on his recent infraction.

BW52, what do you think about doing some sort of exchange? A favor for a favor. What if we gave you a platform for posting on here? In return you plug/link us (PSD) on your podcast/blogs.

To whoever it may concern: Please don't copy me on dodging the filter. W⅁ๅɐəଧ is censored for a reason and dodging the filter will likely get you in trouble. I'm only using it here as an example of what's prohibited.
    I'm open to whatever. I'm cited on Rotoworld....this isn't just some ****** website I created LOL.

My honest-to-god opinion is this place is a little too stuck in the pre-twitter days.

With that said, I have no problem plugging PSD in my podcast. The stuff that got deleted was actual news posts, though. I was breaking down the signing of Craig Breslow in an actual article.

http://coldomaha.com/2017/twins/repo...iever-breslow/

In my opinion -- take it for what it's worth -- that should be allowed. If someone else posted that, it wouldn't raise any red-flags.
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

First post in a long time: stupid **** like Brandon being banned for this is why I left and will never post regularly again. I mean, click the link and read it.

"My honest-to-god opinion is this place is a little too stuck in the pre-twitter days." Nailed it.

That's pretty nice of you to say, UGA

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    I'm open to whatever. I'm cited on Rotoworld....this isn't just some ****** website I created LOL.

My honest-to-god opinion is this place is a little too stuck in the pre-twitter days.

With that said, I have no problem plugging PSD in my podcast. The stuff that got deleted was actual news posts, though. I was breaking down the signing of Craig Breslow in an actual article.

http://coldomaha.com/2017/twins/repo...iever-breslow/

In my opinion -- take it for what it's worth -- that should be allowed. If someone else posted that, it wouldn't raise any red-flags.
    We're trying to change a few things and be less strict these days. I believe back in 2007 you were warned for having a blog/forum/site in you sig, then the rule was changed to where it was permitted to have your personal stuff in your sig. We're just going by the rules that are in place, it's nothing personal.

Btw, there's a possibility that infraction will get reduced to 5 points. Those 5 points can then be reduced to 0 since we're erasing 5 infraction points to users that want the points removed. There's a Points Removal thread in the Questions & Concerns sub-forum/F&S forum.

With that said, it's great to hear that you're opened to the idea of working together. I'll pass this information on to the fellas and see if we can brainstorm some ideas. Maybe a private room can be set up where we can do this together.

I need an adult.

(No but seriously, I'm OK with making something work.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    We're trying to change a few things and be less strict these days. I believe back in 2007 you were warned for having a blog/forum/site in you sig, then the rule was changed to where it was permitted to have your personal stuff in your sig. We're just going by the rules that are in place, it's nothing personal.

Btw, there's a possibility that infraction will get reduced to 5 points. Those 5 points can then be reduced to 0 since we're erasing 5 infraction points to users that want the points removed. There's a Points Removal thread in the Questions & Concerns sub-forum/F&S forum.

With that said, it's great to hear that you're opened to the idea of working together. I'll pass this information on to the fellas and see if we can brainstorm some ideas. Maybe a private room can be set up where we can do this together.
    That just seems odd, because I wasn't even a writer yet then. I started J school in the fall of '07 but wasn't formally writing anywhere until 2010 -- after I'd left here. So idk.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    That just seems odd, because I wasn't even a writer yet then. I started J school in the fall of '07 but wasn't formally writing anywhere until 2010 -- after I'd left here. So idk.
    11-24-2007 was the day it was documented in your User Notes. It says, "posting his blog with forums on his sig". It doesn't have to be the stuff you wrote. Maybe it was your Facebook or something similar you were linking.

fake news

rude

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    To be fair though, and I said to whoever banned him, I know he understood what he was posting but there are quite a few PSD posters of past and current that are writers/bloggers for MLBTR, roto, fangraphs, etc and I know PSD has allowed those sites to be linked now.

So if I would link a post from MLBTR that a PSD user wrote it'd be ok?
    That's alright.

With how dead the MLB boards are though, I didn't really think it was a crime to link to my own news articles.

And since there were TWO posts in the Twins board while I was banned for a month, I kind of feel vindicated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12