Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Would you respect this women's opinion if she wasn't an "R" happened to say something you agree with this time?
    This is about how a Republican feels about a Republican law. The fact that a Democrat opposes a Republican bill is kind of like the sun came up this morning, it's old news and happens everyday. So the fact that she's a Republican is critical to why her opinion matters. So basically no, it wouldn't matter if she was some random person or a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is about how a Republican feels about a Republican law. The fact that a Democrat opposes a Republican bill is kind of like the sun came up this morning, it's old news and happens everyday. So the fact that she's a Republican is critical to why her opinion matters. So basically no, it wouldn't matter if she was some random person or a Democrat.

That's silly. If she was from the other side and you had reason to respect her opinion that might mean something but OMG someone i know nothing about with an R next to her name disagreed with a Rep law should not carry weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

That's silly. If she was from the other side and you had reason to respect her opinion that might mean something but OMG someone i know nothing about with an R next to her name disagreed with a Rep law should not carry weight.
    What? The fact that she's a Republican and opposes the law means a great deal. This is the GOP bill and they are getting rejected by fellow conservatives. This women made a big deal out of opposing Obamacare but she's saying that leaving that in place would be preferable to replacing it with TrumpCare.

Sorry if we're going to disagree on this but to me that's a big deal.

Just judging from Trump's budget plan, American greatness rest on our ability to rain down death any where in the world or allowing the rich to stockpile their riches , not seeing to the needs of the disadvantage. You see that in his domestic cuts as well as the cuts in our foreign charitable funds.

As a whole, the republican party has been for the rich not the have not and continue to portray the poor in this nation as unworthy of attention. Welfare queen stories, both false and falsified. They have slowly dismantle Theodore Roosevelt's business and banking regulations, Franklin D Roosevelt' new deal program, LBJ's civil right act and now Obama's affordable care act, all programs that helped the neediest in this country to the benefit of the well off.

It goes far beyond someone having a R before their name, it's the continuing policies they have pushed since the sixties.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-20-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Just judging from Trump's budget plan, American greatness rest on our ability to rain down death any where in the world or allowing the rich to stockpile their riches , not seeing to the needs of the disadvantage. You see that in his domestic cuts as well as the cuts in our foreign charitable funds.

As a whole, the republican party has been for the rich not the have not and continue to portray the poor in this nation as unworthy of attention. Welfare queen stories, both false and falsified. They have slowly dismantle Theodore Roosevelt's business and banking regulations, Franklin D Roosevelt' new deal program, LBJ's civil right act and now Obama's affordable care act, all programs that helped the neediest in this country to the benefit of the well off.

It goes far beyond someone having a R before their name, it's the continuing policies they have pushed since the sixties.
    I always respect and often agree with your perspective Wes my only point was that and R or a D before someone names doesn't add or subtract weight to someone's opinion. I had never heard of this women but her opposing Trump's plan is supposed to mean something to me b/c she is a Republican? That doesn't make sense to me. I can be convinced by content. i don't care that she is a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I always respect and often agree with your perspective Wes my only point was that and R or a D before someone names doesn't add or subtract weight to someone's opinion. I had never heard of this women but her opposing Trump's plan is supposed to mean something to me b/c she is a Republican? That doesn't make sense to me. I can be convinced by content. i don't care that she is a Republican.
    I lack social grace, well at at least my love ones said so. The feeling goes both away in mutual respect, even if it don't seem so on my part. Most politicians in Washington have a fatal flaw in being more loyal to their party then the public. Look how they are willing to go after the opposition party and not their own for the same offensives. I am impress with those who go against their own party in flavor of those who voted for them. All those enraged town hall meeting are having a affect on them as it should.

Not marching in lock step with their party leaders are giving me, a leftist, hope for the republican party. Maybe some in the republican party will be more responsive to the middle and lower class folks.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-20-2017 at 11:27 AM.

So have any of the GOP given any thought to the fact that if their changes end up resulting in a CBO score that is not favorable to them and they try to use reconciliation to get their bill out of the Senate, that they would be so easily open to a lawsuit that would throw the whole thing in court? I honestly hope that they don't think this far ahead and they get screwed over by their own stupidity.

It's almost like it's a set up to fail to put it on Paul Ryan.

The Lost Boys of PSD

This made me chuckle when I saw Paul Ryan's tweet...not sorry at all for the self promotion:

Haha the grand negotiator is rumored to have cost Republicans as many as 10 votes on TrumpCare. What a ****ing loser he is. His business "success" is clearly being written as one of riding daddy's coat tails since Freddy Trump can't be president for him. Sad! Pathetic! Loser!

Art of the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post

No it does people are naturally over critical of the opposition and over protective on the same side as them. There always going to "round up" for lack of a better term.

If it's ok, they'll say it's good. If it's bad they'll say it's ok. So when you hear them say it's really bad then you know it has to be god awful.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/24/521329...sidency-so-far

Pretty good read on the healthcare bill and the consequences if it doesn't (and does) pass

I posted this in another thread as well:

House Republican leaders abruptly pulled a Republican rewrite of the nation’s health-care system from consideration on Friday, a dramatic acknowledgment that they are so far unable to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“We just pulled it,” President Trump told the Washington Post in a telephone interview.

The decision means the Affordable Care Act remains in place, at least for now, and a major GOP campaign promise goes unfulfilled. It also casts doubt on the GOP’s ability to govern and to advance other high-stakes agenda items, including tax reform and infrastructure spending. Ryan is still without a signature achievement as speaker — and the defeat undermines Trump’s image as a skilled dealmaker willing to strike compromises to push his agenda forward.

Did anyone see the DC incident? Please let the GOP be in your prayers tonight as they cry themselves to sleep and hopefully those affected by the Bowling Green Massacre and Sweden Incident can help them feel a bit better.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast