Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    McConnell has a record as being a shrewd negotiator and politician. But it seems as exposed as Trump's record as a deal maker. They're both razor thin with no real record to them. They had 8 years to put a ****ing bill together and they couldn't do that right. Sad!

Easy to be the party of opposition, hard to be the party of governing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Easy to be the party of opposition, hard to be the party of governing.

This is a valid statement to be directed at both of our political parties.

If you meant it that way then carry on sir....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    This is a valid statement to be directed at both of our political parties.

If you meant it that way then carry on sir....
    It is definitely valid for both sides. But one side got 60 votes to pass their bill and the other side can't even get 50.

Just a thought, but do any of you guys think that the GOP passing Trump Care, and the attendant cluster**** that follows, will speed up the passage of a single payer plan? Either expanded Medicare or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Just a thought, but do any of you guys think that the GOP passing Trump Care, and the attendant cluster**** that follows, will speed up the passage of a single payer plan? Either expanded Medicare or something else.
    No

I don't think I'll will see single payer plan in my lifetime.

Healthcare vote delayed again. The ironic reasoning is that John McCain is recovering from surgery.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Healthcare vote delayed again. The ironic reasoning is that John McCain is recovering from surgery.
    And did not have to pay a dime.

I keep reading things saying that Mitch McConnell is some massive and great deal maker but I see no evidence. He's moving backwards on health care and is proving to be as much of a savant deal maker as Donald Trump himself...a lousy one.

Mitch is better at being a obstructionist then a deal maker.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Quoted for truth.

The media keeps insisting he's a master deal maker. I just don't see it and I think he might have read to much Art of the Deal and not have a chance. I'm old enough to remember Senator Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi knowing how to make a deal.

Much lower bar there. It is a lot easier to object than to actually legislate.

This is mostly because Mitch is too stupid to include some Democrats in the legislation crafting process. He wants to do the thing all by himself with no Democratic help. That makes him at risk of being squeezed by guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. Nothing is worse for creating policy than guys who want their way or nothing. An example of 'Perfect being the enemy of good' or however that saying goes.

I have been surprised at how badly the GOP has done here. There party discipline is historically much better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Much lower bar there. It is a lot easier to object than to actually legislate.

This is mostly because Mitch is too stupid to include some Democrats in the legislation crafting process. He wants to do the thing all by himself with no Democratic help. That makes him at risk of being squeezed by guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. Nothing is worse for creating policy than guys who want their way or nothing. An example of 'Perfect being the enemy of good' or however that saying goes.

I have been surprised at how badly the GOP has done here. There party discipline is historically much better than this.
    That's because since the tea party creation more extreme right wing people have been elected, hard to create a policy with people who don't give an inch and move the goal post further and further to the right.

Welcome folks to a total deconstructionist policy. Rip it down but have no freaking clue how to build something of value.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast