Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 675
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,393
    McConnell has a record as being a shrewd negotiator and politician. But it seems as exposed as Trump's record as a deal maker. They're both razor thin with no real record to them. They had 8 years to put a ****ing bill together and they couldn't do that right. Sad!

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,635
    Easy to be the party of opposition, hard to be the party of governing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    6,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Easy to be the party of opposition, hard to be the party of governing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a valid statement to be directed at both of our political parties.

    If you meant it that way then carry on sir....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

    Just win baby"

    ~ Al Davis ~

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,393
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    This is a valid statement to be directed at both of our political parties.

    If you meant it that way then carry on sir....
    It is definitely valid for both sides. But one side got 60 votes to pass their bill and the other side can't even get 50.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,860
    Just a thought, but do any of you guys think that the GOP passing Trump Care, and the attendant cluster**** that follows, will speed up the passage of a single payer plan? Either expanded Medicare or something else.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,635
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Just a thought, but do any of you guys think that the GOP passing Trump Care, and the attendant cluster**** that follows, will speed up the passage of a single payer plan? Either expanded Medicare or something else.
    No

    I don't think I'll will see single payer plan in my lifetime.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,938
    Healthcare vote delayed again. The ironic reasoning is that John McCain is recovering from surgery.
    this my sig

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Healthcare vote delayed again. The ironic reasoning is that John McCain is recovering from surgery.
    And did not have to pay a dime.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,393
    I keep reading things saying that Mitch McConnell is some massive and great deal maker but I see no evidence. He's moving backwards on health care and is proving to be as much of a savant deal maker as Donald Trump himself...a lousy one.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alot fearful people with alot guns.
    Posts
    7,564
    Mitch is better at being a obstructionist then a deal maker.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,635
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Mitch is better at being a obstructionist then a deal maker.
    Quoted for truth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,393
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Mitch is better at being a obstructionist then a deal maker.
    The media keeps insisting he's a master deal maker. I just don't see it and I think he might have read to much Art of the Deal and not have a chance. I'm old enough to remember Senator Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi knowing how to make a deal.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Mitch is better at being a obstructionist then a deal maker.
    Much lower bar there. It is a lot easier to object than to actually legislate.

    This is mostly because Mitch is too stupid to include some Democrats in the legislation crafting process. He wants to do the thing all by himself with no Democratic help. That makes him at risk of being squeezed by guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. Nothing is worse for creating policy than guys who want their way or nothing. An example of 'Perfect being the enemy of good' or however that saying goes.

    I have been surprised at how badly the GOP has done here. There party discipline is historically much better than this.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,635
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Much lower bar there. It is a lot easier to object than to actually legislate.

    This is mostly because Mitch is too stupid to include some Democrats in the legislation crafting process. He wants to do the thing all by himself with no Democratic help. That makes him at risk of being squeezed by guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. Nothing is worse for creating policy than guys who want their way or nothing. An example of 'Perfect being the enemy of good' or however that saying goes.

    I have been surprised at how badly the GOP has done here. There party discipline is historically much better than this.
    That's because since the tea party creation more extreme right wing people have been elected, hard to create a policy with people who don't give an inch and move the goal post further and further to the right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    559
    Welcome folks to a total deconstructionist policy. Rip it down but have no freaking clue how to build something of value.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •