Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    McConnell has openly used "working with Democrats" as a threat to Republicans, as if the idea of working together for the country's benefit is somehow a bad idea. He's an avatar for party over country and does not hide it.
    Yeah, that was obvious a threat to his fellow GOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would describe McConnell as a snake in the grass, but it's been well established that he is a turtle not a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    McConnell has openly used "working with Democrats" as a threat to Republicans, as if the idea of working together for the country's benefit is somehow a bad idea. He's an avatar for party over country and does not hide it.
    You'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of his own district that looks at the guy as an asset to Congress. That guy could disappear today and we wouldn't skip a beat...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of his own district that looks at the guy as an asset to Congress. That guy could disappear today and we wouldn't skip a beat...
    We did pretty good losing Harry Reid. It's up to you guys now...haha.

I hate McConnell and Schumer. These lifetime politicians need to go. Drain the Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Drain the Swamp.
    One of many T's broken promises during his campaign.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

My only concern with term limits (one of the popular drain the swamp proposal) is that you will have rookie legislators and lobbyists will be even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    One of many T's broken promises during his campaign.
    Surprise, surprise.

So the senate is going to stay in session to try to pass something. Will more time in Washington make the AHCA (turd sandwich) more palpable or give GOP a chance to ignore constituents who will be hurt by it?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So the senate is going to stay in session to try to pass something. Will more time in Washington make the AHCA (turd sandwich) more palpable or give GOP a chance to ignore constituents who will be hurt by it?
    Let me offer a guess.

The 'Ted Cruz Amendment'. Allowing insurance companies to offer an ACA non-compliant policy if the offer a compliant one. Basically, allowing insurance companies to two-track insurance. One cheaper track for younger healthier people and another very expensive for older sicker people.

Increased [or at least not as much reduced] medicaid funding for opioid treatment. Targeted funding increases to meet the needs of Alaska, W Virginia and Maine. I think those are the Senators that not on board. Kind of a high age pork-barrel kind of thing.

Some reduction in the tax cuts of the ACA taxes to pay for the increased medicaid funding. I think the bill has to be revenue neutral to be able to pass with 50 votes, so new spending or tax cuts have to be paid for.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul should be kept as far away from the healthcare forming committee as possible. There would be no healthcare period if they were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Ted Cruz and Rand Paul should be kept as far away from the healthcare forming committee as possible. There would be no healthcare period if they were involved.
    Rand Paul should probably just be safely kept away from most everything. I really only agree with him on pot and war. Let's let people use pot and let's not let government use war. Outside of that, I disagree with him strongly.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My only concern with term limits (one of the popular drain the swamp proposal) is that you will have rookie legislators and lobbyists will be even stronger.
    How about a mandatory retirement age?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    How about a mandatory retirement age?
    Personally I'm not a big fan, but I think it'll be a whole lot less harmless than the alternative.

New revised health care bill adds some tweaks to potentially woo both moderates and those who are more conservative, but appears to definitely favor the latter over the former. They'll vote next week. Sens. Collins and Paul still seem completely opposed to it, and one more defection again will kill it. The revised bill keeps the Medicaid sections almost completely the same, which was a key concern for the moderates. It added in a few ****** tweaks to appease the Cruzites.

They're going more to the right, so next time FNK tells you the GOP's inability to pass this bill is the Democrats' fault, just laugh at him. Let's not forget either that McConnell is using the possibility of working with the Dems as a threat to the GOP. This is on them. It's their own ineptitude. Cried for 8 years about how bad Obamacare was and pretended like they had the answers, but nope. They don't.
    this my sig

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast