Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I want tony romo

Go get Tony Romo and get him in Gang Green!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

I don't

Me too... He's the best option available and if healthy should mean playoffs with our roster, assuming we focus on the O line and secondary in free agency and the draft.

If we go with someone currently on the roster, or someone like Glennon, we might as well tank right from the beginning.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Me too... He's the best option available and if healthy should mean playoffs with our roster, assuming we focus on the O line and secondary in free agency and the draft.

If we go with someone currently on the roster, or someone like Glennon, we might as well tank right from the beginning.
    He won't be healthy
    He is never healthy, except when sitting on the bench and even that is dangerous.

It's a waste of money and roster space.

I get why you guys like the idea but he's a broken down, immobile 38 year old QB who couldn't beat out the rookie starter.
    Fractured vertebrae, another vetebral fracture in the transverse processes, herniated disks. 2 back surgeries.
    Injuries to his non throwing shoulders that resulted in surgery last year to put in a metal plate. He is a sitting duck. He needs time to throw the ball. He's not Brady or Manning.

He also hasn't played in a year. I think he is a high risk, low reward player.
    Now if the line is totally vamped up and we keep marshall, decker is healthy? On a one year deal, I'd say maybe take the shot. But he's not going to want a one year deal.
    So ask yourself, do you want to place your stock in a 38,39,40 year old qb who can't run and is one wrong twist from being done. You could say any guy is one twist away but Romo's twist could come from breaking his wrist opening a jar of pickles

I totally respect your opinions but I whole heartedly, disagree.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Point taken, but who's our QB next year? Marshall and Decker are just gonna waste away. Might as well trade them for picks.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Point taken, but who's our QB next year? Marshall and Decker are just gonna waste away. Might as well trade them for picks.
    I would personally cut Marshall. I think we have great depth at the position. If the team looks crappy, move decker by week 8 for a good pick.

I hope they spend very little on the QB position, this year I think the 2018 draft will be QB rich. If Hack looks like crap, then we draft someone. Romo for a year would be a consideration but I don't think he signs for a year and I think he will want an amount that is cost prohibitive.
    I personally think you build the team and then add the QB.

In short, I don't know who the QB will be. It will however, be interesting to watt happen!

QB- Romo
    RB- Forte
    WR- Marshall
    WR- Decker
    WR- Enunwa
    TE- Sefarian-Jackson

That's a start.

We need a young fast running back.
    Ideally they can improve the O line and Tight End.

Philip Rivers is another QB name to consider.
    I wonder if San Diego will move him.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post

I wondered the same and if they'd take sheldon for him. But he is happy where he is.
    I like Bucky Hodges from VA tech at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post

I'd like Rivers if he's available. I just don't think he'll be available.

As for Romo, I say No-mo, because I don't want him, and it rhymes.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

I'd sign romo to 1 year with 2nd option and draft mitch trubisky and have him romo and petty battle it out. Better then resigning fitz and any other idea

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrax15 View Post
    I'd sign romo to 1 year with 2nd option and draft mitch trubisky and have him romo and petty battle it out. Better then resigning fitz and any other idea
    I still think it would be the funniest singing ever if the Jets went back to fitz for 4 mil. Lol

Reports are that Hack was not as bad as some said. I wouldn't jump at Trubisky. Wait till next year. There will be a few great QBs

If I were the Jets I trade a 4th or a 5th right now for Romo, It's a perfect situation for us. Hack & Petty battle it out for that extremely important backup spot. We have a above average QB for 2 or 3 years and in case of injury we fall back to the kid we drafted to be our future. Go get Romo right now

Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    If I were the Jets I trade a 4th or a 5th right now for Romo, It's a perfect situation for us. Hack & Petty battle it out for that extremely important backup spot. We have a above average QB for 2 or 3 years and in case of injury we fall back to the kid we drafted to be our future. Go get Romo right now
    I think it's a solid idea giving a 4th or 5th for him, except for salary and age. He's owed 54 mil over the next 3 years.

Yes 54. Holy crap. I had to say it again so I believe it myself. 14 this year with a 5 mil signing bonus. 19.5 next year and 20.5 the year after that.

There should not be an, "if", in your statement. There is no way that he will get through 3 years without getting carted off the field for at least half a season and that's being generous.

He's not worth anywhere near that. For a 1 or 2 year deal at 10-12 a year? Ok
    He played a quarter in the last game of the season. He will be 37 before the draft.

The big question for those who want Romo, does he make the Jets a legit contender and by that, I mean winning the division or just good enough to get into the playoffs.? Does it set up the team for the long term or just get a name you like? Those are valid reasons. If you just want a better product and you think he does that, I can't really argue. I personally want to find a long term solution at QB.
    Favre 1 year, Sanchez 3 years, Geno 2 years, Fitz 2 years, the QB before that was Pennington who started a whopping 61 games, before him Vinnie who starts 61. The most starts by a QB since O'brien? The Sanchize with 62.
    We have to find someone eventually but I prefer going the young route.
    Getting another guy at age 37, who we know will start at the absolute best mathematically possible outcome, 60 over 3 years but more likely, 25-30 and possibly less, for 54 million bucks?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think it's a solid idea giving a 4th or 5th for him, except for salary and age. He's owed 54 mil over the next 3 years.

Yes 54. Holy crap. I had to say it again so I believe it myself. 14 this year with a 5 mil signing bonus. 19.5 next year and 20.5 the year after that.

There should not be an, "if", in your statement. There is no way that he will get through 3 years without getting carted off the field for at least half a season and that's being generous.

He's not worth anywhere near that. For a 1 or 2 year deal at 10-12 a year? Ok
    He played a quarter in the last game of the season. He will be 37 before the draft.

The big question for those who want Romo, does he make the Jets a legit contender and by that, I mean winning the division or just good enough to get into the playoffs.? Does it set up the team for the long term or just get a name you like? Those are valid reasons. If you just want a better product and you think he does that, I can't really argue. I personally want to find a long term solution at QB.
    Favre 1 year, Sanchez 3 years, Geno 2 years, Fitz 2 years, the QB before that was Pennington who started a whopping 61 games, before him Vinnie who starts 61. The most starts by a QB since O'brien? The Sanchize with 62.
    We have to find someone eventually but I prefer going the young route.
    Getting another guy at age 37, who we know will start at the absolute best mathematically possible outcome, 60 over 3 years but more likely, 25-30 and possibly less, for 54 million bucks?
    Nope.
    Hard to say. Romo just might just make us good enough to get in. There's to many issues on defense along with the O-line. And then everyone is talking about. Getting rid of Marshall n Decker if thats the case who is romo throwing too? Enuwa is the only other receiver i trust. If we can fix our O-line i can see us being really good with romo. But i don't think we get romo and i dont think we keep marshal and decker. I honestly don't think jets will compete and i think the players don't really like Bowles. They show no heart when they play and no passion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast