Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you believe Melo will go?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

6 8.57%
  • Boston Celtics

5 7.14%
  • L.A. Clippers

12 17.14%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

1 1.43%
  • ??? Mystery Team ???

5 7.14%
  • Staying with New York Knicks

41 58.57%
Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast

Where Will Melo Go?

Besides Cavs, Knicks reached out to Celtics, Clippers about 'Melo deal

Armed with a hope that Carmelo Anthony will eventually waive his no-trade clause, the New York Knicks have reached out to the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers to probe their interest in a trade, league sources told The Vertical.

Knicks president Phil Jackson is determined to find a destination and deal that Anthony would agree to accept before the Feb. 23 NBA trade deadline, league sources said.

Jackson is determined to rid the roster of Anthony and his contract, and start rebuilding around Kristaps Porzingis, league sources said.
    The Clippers are a team that would interest Anthony, league sources said.

Anthony makes $24.6 million this season and has $54 million remaining over the next two years of his contract. His deal includes a 15 percent trade kicker and a player option for the 2018-19 season.

ESPN first reported the Knicks’ contact with the Cavaliers.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...171840928.html

To go back to my point in the previous thread. I don't want any player like Blake that will be a threat to the tank. We gotta be as bad as possible collect assets and get ready for lebrons decline and the same with the warriors as they will get to the point their players will be in their 30's

If we rebuild this year and next we can get ready by KP next contract.
    Stay Humble

Nowhere before the offseason

Remember when everything, and currently is talking about how bad a job Phil has done. LOL. I never understood the criticism. He is doing exactly what he should be doing.

1. We have our picks
    2. Get young stud to build around
    3. Find other young players that are moldable with upside (Holiday, Willy, Kiz, Baker)
    4. Find veteran leadership (O'Quinn, Noah though he wont be long here, and Thomas)

If he finds a way to trade Jennings, Rose, Melo for assets, along with the 1-4 premises, this dude will be a genius. It just depends what we have to get back for them. We'll see.

i didnt think he was going anywhere, but I wont be surprised.. if it happens we need young 2 way players and draft picks... thats all i hope for.. not sure which team contending right now would have what it takes to get a deal done.

and i like melo.. yes, he frustrating to watch... but i dont blame him for managements inability to surround him with the right pieces... hes obviously not an easy player to build around, but cmon..dude can still ball.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I no longer have any idea wtf is happening. It's kind of fun. Sometimes I think Melo is moved to the Cs or Clippers or even Thunder and then I think ,no way he's ever leaving. Then I think well maybe before the draft and then I think but maybe tomorrow or later today.

I personally think Phil called these GMs and said, what would you give me? And that's the extent of it. I don't think there are any serious inquiries. If there are, we don't know about them. This is Phil. He does things his own way. I like that. he's not predictable

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

It's celtics or bust.
    Melo for Amir's expiring,Zeller + the 2017 brooklyn pick.

I.T.
    Bradley
    Crowder
    Melo
    Horford

bench:
    Rozier
    Smart
    Jaylen Brown
    Jerebko
    Olynyk

Celtics should really consider this.That team could easily be in ECF against the cavs and have legitimate chances beating them

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I no longer have any idea wtf is happening. It's kind of fun. Sometimes I think Melo is moved to the Cs or Clippers or even Thunder and then I think ,no way he's ever leaving. Then I think well maybe before the draft and then I think but maybe tomorrow or later today.

I personally think Phil called these GMs and said, what would you give me? And that's the extent of it. I don't think there are any serious inquiries. If there are, we don't know about them. This is Phil. He does things his own way. I like that. he's not predictable
    I'm right there with you on the first part.
    Phil is starting to lose me.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Clippers

So the only thing my friend is saying about this, is that NY is pushing for this to be done by the weekend. Other teams have inquired as well. NY hoping for bidding war between Clips and Celtics. Hoping it will pry Brown and BRK 1st. Take it for what it's worth. He was saying yesterday Knicks were more focused on acquiring Rubio.

I'm so torn now, I wanted him traded if we rebuild for real. Now that a trade seems eminent... I'm kinda bummed

The Knicks and Clippers are discussing a deal for Carmelo Anthony that does not include Chris Paul, Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan going to New York, the Daily News has learned.

The Knicks, according to a source, are open to trading Anthony to Los Angeles even if they don't get one of the Clippers' Big 3 in return.

In fact, the Knicks are prohibited from acquiring Blake Griffin due to a complicated rule in the collective bargaining agreement. The rule states that a team cannot have two Designated Rookie Max extensions on your roster acquired via a trade at any time. Derrick Rose falls under that category.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2956386

Rose somehow prevented Blake from getting traded to us lol. good job #tankon
    Stay Humble

I was gonna suggest a deal centered around Deandre however a deal of rivers, Crawford and pierce for melo and Jennings (they need a PG) would work.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    So the only thing my friend is saying about this, is that NY is pushing for this to be done by the weekend. Other teams have inquired as well. NY hoping for bidding war between Clips and Celtics. Hoping it will pry Brown and BRK 1st. Take it for what it's worth. He was saying yesterday Knicks were more focused on acquiring Rubio.

I'm so torn now, I wanted him traded if we rebuild for real. Now that a trade seems eminent... I'm kinda bummed
    If that was ever offered It would be done in about 2 seconds.... be lucky to get 1 or the other - but hey..

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post

Brown and BRK 1st is a dream scenario for us really. Probably the best deal we can even get IMO.

No way we get the 2017 nets pick man
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast