Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I just got Madden 17 and was playing through the 2016 season. Was 11-4 going into the last game with the packers. I played a lot of the games on the new moments mode which is faster. I'm losing that game and suddenly I notice Rudock is in the game. Go and check the injuries after the game, and Stafford had a major ACL tear, out 46 weeks and had 5 ratings lowered like he's slower now and he's more injury prone. So I finish 11-5 and host the packers in the next round with Rudock as my QB and get smoked.

It was so SOL that I couldn't even believe it. And now I don't have Stafford for like the whole season and signed Gino Smith and still have Rudock. I should have checked the injury. I probably would have quit the game if I knew.
    I ended up picking up Suh and Julio Jones and a few other pieces while trading away all my first round picks. I don't build through the draft LOL. I knew after like 2 or 3 seasons I would be over the game so I really didnt need any of those future draft picks.
    AA"LOL"L
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

I wonder if we try to extend Stafford this offseason. If we don't I only assume we tag him next year and let Ziggy walk as someone is going to overpay him.
    AA"LOL"L

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    I wonder if we try to extend Stafford this offseason. If we don't I only assume we tag him next year and let Ziggy walk as someone is going to overpay him.
    we'll be extending him this summer when Levy's 5 mill comes off the books.

He's going to be the highest paid QB in the NFL i assume

#QWiNNING

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    we'll be extending him this summer when Levy's 5 mill comes off the books.

He's going to be the highest paid QB in the NFL i assume
    Can't wait.
    ***DID YOU KNOW?***
    In exchange for Barry Sanders, Ndamukong Suh & Calvin Johnson, the Detroit Lions received.......one comp pick.

Will they lose Stafford the Same Old Lions way too?

timing

He'll be the highest paid till the next QB contract.

then he'll look like a bargain in 3 years when those QBs sign.

same as it ever was
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

timing

He'll be the highest paid till the next QB contract.

then he'll look like a bargain in 3 years when those QBs sign.

same as it ever was
    Nah, Stafford is going to decide he has plenty of money and just wants to win. He's going to sign a team friendly 4 year 40 mil contract and the Lions are going to use the extra money to sign Zach Brown, Chris Long, Boldin and Te'o.

Its gonna be interesting to se what these QB-desperate teams do this offseason. Could end up turning into a Stafford sweepstakes if a lot of teams still need QBs. The guy could end up being so overpaid he'll have no choice but to sign for the most $, wherever that may be.

Teams that might need a QB when Stafford's contract is up:
    SF
    NY
    Houston
    Denver
    Cleveland
    Washington
    LA Chargers
    Arizona
    Pittsburgh
    KC
    Chicago
    ***DID YOU KNOW?***
    In exchange for Barry Sanders, Ndamukong Suh & Calvin Johnson, the Detroit Lions received.......one comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Its gonna be interesting to se what these QB-desperate teams do this offseason. Could end up turning into a Stafford sweepstakes if a lot of teams still need QBs. The guy could end up being so overpaid he'll have no choice but to sign for the most $, wherever that may be.

Teams that might need a QB when Stafford's contract is up:
    SF
    NY
    Houston
    Denver
    Cleveland
    Washington
    LA Chargers
    Arizona
    Pittsburgh
    KC
    Chicago
    haha. My BS scenario of him not taking the Lions for 120 mil is more realistic than the Lions letting him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by kreton View Post
    haha. My BS scenario of him not taking the Lions for 120 mil is more realistic than the Lions letting him walk.
    What if:

The Lions miss the playoffs yet again.

Stafford gets 10 giant offers from teams.

Some team is able to offer him more than the Lions can. Or at the very least match the Lions top offer.

One of those teams is in his home state...the Texans.

Or one of those teams is a QB away from another shot at the Super Bowl...KC, Denver, Pittsburgh, Arizona.

So many possibilities. To leave it up to chance & hope that he re-signs because of how amazing Detroit is, is the same old Lions way of doing business.

The other possibility is that we're forced to overpay to keep him & we surround him for another 5-7 years with a mediocre supporting cast.

I can't understand how I'm the only Lions fan on the planet that is bothered by this.
    ***DID YOU KNOW?***

What if:

Some team is able to offer him more than the Lions can. Or at the very least match the Lions top offer.

Or one of those teams is a QB away from another shot at the Super Bowl...KC, Denver, Pittsburgh, Arizona.

So many possibilities. To leave it up to chance & hope that he re-signs because of how amazing Detroit is, is the same old Lions way of doing business.

The other possibility is that we're forced to overpay to keep him & we surround him for another 5-7 years with a mediocre supporting cast.

I can't understand how I'm the only Lions fan on the planet that is bothered by this.
    I am not saying there is no chance Stafford would leave.

I am saying there is no chance the Lions let Stafford leave.

This is the NFL and the teams have the power. Stafford is a Lion this year. And if he decides he isn't going to sign a new contract he'll be tagged a couple times. Maybe in 2020 he could walk.

franchise tag doe

We'll resign him within the next cpl months, it will lower his cap hit for this year and we'll sign some late free agents similar to how we snagged boldin in June or July last year

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What if:

In reality we have Stafford for at least 3 more years. This final year on his contract and franchise tag him twice. I don't think any team will even get a chance to offer him more money.
    AA"LOL"L

I'm just here to see whool eat his words when Stafford brings home the trophy

*sips tea*

I'm just here to see whool eat his words when Stafford brings home the trophy

*sips tea*
    Better stock up on tea.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast