Buffalo Bills signed Carl Bradford.

RIP Gene Wilder

Jeremy Maclin signed with the Ravens and The Jets released Eric Decker

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Jeremy Maclin signed with the Ravens and The Jets released Eric Decker
    I thought they cut him days ago lol.

Shows how much I pay attention.

He's coming off injury but Jets are just in full on tank mode.

That roster is disgusting.

Yea, I mean, I get why they are basically tanking. But I really don't get it. They don't have an obvious replacement for decker, so it's not like he's holding anyone back.

I'm sure they aren't big on hackenberg and plan on taking a qb early next year. But if they were trying to develop hackenberg or anyone at all this year, I don't get why they just trashed everyone on the roster. Talk about setting everyone up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, I mean, I get why they are basically tanking. But I really don't get it. They don't have an obvious replacement for decker, so it's not like he's holding anyone back.

I'm sure they aren't big on hackenberg and plan on taking a qb early next year. But if they were trying to develop hackenberg or anyone at all this year, I don't get why they just trashed everyone on the roster. Talk about setting everyone up for failure.
    I don't know what the cap saving is but I expect they thought they'd rather roll it over rather than keep him and win an extra game all year.

Maybe eric asked out??

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I thought they cut him days ago lol.

Shows how much I pay attention.

He's coming off injury but Jets are just in full on tank mode.

That roster is disgusting.
    They announced he wasn't going to be returning, but they were attempting to find a trade partner.
    It's really a shame was they are doing to the roster. They are doing everything in their power to guarantee they win 0 games and get the top pick in next years draft. I might believe in their strategy a little bit more but I don't think anybody in their current office will be able to turn this team around...at least not for a very long time.

Finding a qb is key. It's doesn't guarantee success, but it makes things a million times easier to build around when you have qb certainty. You can allocate free agency dollars easier when you know your qb and your offensive style.

That being said, they've stripped this team, especially the offense, down so bare, it's going to be really challenging for a young qb to come in and succeed. I really like what the browns have done. I probably wouldn't have drafted kizer and would have focused more on the team around them, then taken a qb next year, but besides that, it seems like they are setting up the infrastructure, mainly with an improved line, so that a young qb can actually come in and maybe be successful right away.

Granted Dallas has a lot more talent that Cleveland, I view this whole Cleveland ba the jets debate sort of like Dallas vs the rams in the goff draft. The rams took goff and dropped him into a pretty trash situation. The cowboys took Prescott and dropped him into a really good situation. It's possible that Prescott is just a much better qb anyways, but goff was set up for failure. That's sort of what the jets feel like. It feels like they will drop a qb into an awful spot and wonder why he isn't great right out of the gate. Cleveland at least appears to be a little better situation.

Former Green bay Packer 3rd round pick Khyri Thorton has been suspended for violation of substance abuse policy

Former Browns 1st rounder Justin Gilbert has been suspended for 1 year for reasons unknown at this time.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Former Green bay Packer 3rd round pick Khyri Thorton has been suspended for violation of substance abuse policy

Former Browns 1st rounder Justin Gilbert has been suspended for 1 year for reasons unknown at this time.
    Never ever blame a guy like Thornton on the fringe for getting on the stuff, but since it's just drugs. What a dope.

Could end his career. Why 6? I thought first was 4? Maybe he was already suspended and I forgot.

Gilbert's career was likely over regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Never ever blame a guy like Thornton on the fringe for getting on the stuff, but since it's just drugs. What a dope.

Could end his career. Why 6? I thought first was 4? Maybe he was already suspended and I forgot.

Gilbert's career was likely over regardless.
    I thought the same thing about thornton but, I can't find anything on any previous suspensions.

RIP Gene Wilder

I am honestly surprised the Chiefs fired Dorsey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I am honestly surprised the Chiefs fired Dorsey.
    Has to do with Andy's extension.

He was told he wouldn't be renewed. Odd.

Hope he comes back even temporarily.

Why not?

Our front office would be stacked again.

I feel like he's built a really good roster in Kansas City. Very odd firing, but they are clearly giving control to Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I feel like he's built a really good roster in Kansas City. Very odd firing, but they are clearly giving control to Reid.
    That's being denied already btw

Has to do with Andy's extension.

He was told he wouldn't be renewed. Odd.

Hope he comes back even temporarily.

Why not?

Our front office would be stacked again.
    I read it had something to do with him taking so long to get Houston and Berry's contract extensions done faster but that seems like such a dumb reason to fire him.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast