Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    ^^^that makes sense. I guess the only argument would be that if he plans on playing beyond this year, he needs to prove that he can play at least semi effectively. If no one is willing to pay him more than $6, he might as well play for a team with plenty of opportunity and a chance to compete in the playoffs (a good playoffs can increase your value immensely.)
    Yeah it depends how he all views this. It sounded like he wanted to be done. If he still does, I guess he'll take 6 to sit. If not, maybe he'll look at play on a team that can get him one more paycheck, who knows if that can even happen unless he's going to become Woodson.

TBH, there are SOME similarities. Woodson wasn't considered the cleanest guy. Sort of thought he was worth more than he was. Some people thought he was a safety. Was a clear talent at one time. People will hate me for saying that because of what Wood became for us but it's not impossible for Revis to figure it out. It all depends where his head is. I would have bet my life that Cook would never be vetted by TT so who am I to speculate.

I think Revis could turn into a really good safety, if he wants to.
    However, with Clinton-Dix and Burnett already on the roster do we really have a spot for him?

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I think Revis could turn into a really good safety, if he wants to.
    However, with Clinton-Dix and Burnett already on the roster do we really have a spot for him?
    It would certainly be interesting.

Poe to Falcons 1 year 8 mil

would've been nice.

Barwin to Rams 1 year 6.5 mil

would've been nice.

Any possible free agent signed.

Would've been nice.

Any possible trade that happens

Would've been nice.

Lol. I would have given Barwin that deal (feels a touch high)..not Poe though. He used to be a god but he's just not anymore. He's an above average player though. I bet he had a pretty good year if those scary issues with his back don't pop up. I like the deal KC have to Bennie Logan. I love that guy.

You also have to remember this. Just because we didn't sign them doesn't mean we weren't interested. Those are one year deals to get paid on the backend. Look at Barwin. He's going to the rams in the first year of a 34 defense. Dude is gonna get serious snaps. Now here there's Perry and Clay (yes we can move him around I know). So he might just prefer knowing he has a chance at more premium playing time.

I think Poe prices himself out of GB with back injuries and Clark and Daniels in house on a team that doesn't play a ton of 3 down lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Any possible free agent signed.

Would've been nice.

Any possible trade that happens

Would've been nice.

Lol. I would have given Barwin that deal (feels a touch high)..not Poe though. He used to be a god but he's just not anymore. He's an above average player though. I bet he had a pretty good year if those scary issues with his back don't pop up. I like the deal KC have to Bennie Logan. I love that guy.

You also have to remember this. Just because we didn't sign them doesn't mean we weren't interested. Those are one year deals to get paid on the backend. Look at Barwin. He's going to the rams in the first year of a 34 defense. Dude is gonna get serious snaps. Now here there's Perry and Clay (yes we can move him around I know). So he might just prefer knowing he has a chance at more premium playing time.

I think Poe prices himself out of GB with back injuries and Clark and Daniels in house on a team that doesn't play a ton of 3 down lineman.

I recall seeing a story about Barwin before he scheduled visits to LA and mentioning Wade Phillips was his coach at Houston and now with the Rams, so when it was announced it made sense he chose there.
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    I recall seeing a story about Barwin before he scheduled visits to LA and mentioning Wade Phillips was his coach at Houston and now with the Rams, so when it was announced it made sense he chose there.
    Ahh yes that too. I remember reading that as well.

I'm guessing Barwin just simply took the money and the rams were offering around 1 million more. Barwin knew he wanted a prove it deal and wanted to cash out a bit just in case. I think rams slightly overpaid and I'm ok with missing him because of that.

I just read that the Bears are bringing in Mark Sanchez for a visit. We thought Cutler was bad enough could you imagine the melt down fans would have if Glennon got hurt and Sanchez would have to start.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I just read that the Bears are bringing in Mark Sanchez for a visit. We thought Cutler was bad enough could you imagine the melt down fans would have if Glennon got hurt and Sanchez would have to start.
    In b4

"He'd throw for 500 on our **** no free agents secondary"

He's trash but honestly there are worst backups right?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    In b4

"He'd throw for 500 on our **** no free agents secondary"

He's trash but honestly there are worst backups right?
    100%. As a backup, he is fine.

I wouldn't want to pay him the cash, but if you told me Rodgers was going to get hurt for 4 games next year and we need to win 1 or 2 of those games to make the playoffs, I'd take Sanchez over hundley right now. Hundley is cheaper and has more upside. It's possible after another preseason, hundley is better. But right now, give me Sanchez.

Panthers signed an extension to Johnathan Stewart until 2018, I guess they're not going RB in the 1st
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

Bears cornerback Deiondre’ Hall and Packers corner Makinton Dorleant were arrested together Saturday night in Cedar Falls, Iowa, according to the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office (via KWWL). Hall is facing three misdemeanor charges – suspicion of interference, disorderly conduct and public intoxication – and was tasered, tweets Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. Dorleant, meanwhile, was booked for suspicion of interference. Hall and Dorleant, who were college teammates at Northern Iowa, entered the pros last season. Hall, a fourth-round pick, appeared in eight games as a rookie and picked up five tackles as an interceptions. Dorleant went undrafted and then made one tackle in four games.
    wrong place wrong time for Dorleant. I don't think this should hurt his stock at all, He is a fringe player anyway.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast