Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 186
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,195
    Kendricks isnt a bad player, I'd take him for a 5th.
    The only thing that is concerning is the fact that he struggled in coverage. I'd say if anything we need a good coverage LB.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Kendricks isnt a bad player, I'd take him for a 5th.
    The only thing that is concerning is the fact that he struggled in coverage. I'd say if anything we need a good coverage LB.
    He's not really that bad in coverage to me. Since he's been there imo they ask him to do too much there just because of his skillset.

    Feels like he's always oddly in the doghouse there though.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    TT wouldn't do it tho
    You need to get on Prozac during free agency lol

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,963
    The thing is, even if he's not that great in coverage, it's not like he'll be replacing some elite all around linebacker. Thomas is decent in coverage, but is so poor at everything else that he shouldn't be on the field. And Ryan and Martinez weren't anything special in coverage either. So I doubt kendricks can really be a downgrade there.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    6,973
    Seattle and Minnesota are bringing in almost all our FAs lang, lacy, jones, and now Cook is going to make a visit to Seattle.

    RIP Gene Wilder

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    29,679
    Detroit too

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    Yeah I was saying SEA had 3 of our guys in for visits I think today to someone, kinda weird.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yeah I was saying SEA had 3 of our guys in for visits I think today to someone, kinda weird.
    "Ted doesn't know talent" though...hard to argue when all our free agents and players we cut are employed throughout the league...

    I still believe our lack of high end coaching/scheming is what holds us back from utilizing our talent. Talent is not the issue in my mind. It is not TT's weakness. TT's weakness in my mind is continuing to employ a coaching staff that (specifically Dom and to an extent MM) leaves a lot to be desired.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,963
    For me it's difficult to say one way or the other. I think there could be an argument that ted does an incredible job of building roster depth through undrafted free agents and having a fairly high success rate on later round draft picks. But you can also make the argument that our early round picks haven't been crazy high level performers for the most part.

    Datone jones is a great example. He's going to get interest throughout the league and he will sign for a decent deal. But as a former first round pick who's only been in the league for 4 years, he's also probably not getting the 2nd contract he thought he would be getting. Now this is where the argument is tricky. Is/was Datone never destined to be more than a rotational guy or did our coaching staff not develop him properly? Unless he goes sow where else and breaks out, I don't think we can accurately say who's to blame. And even if he does breakout elsewhere, scheme may have been the issue. And if scheme is the issue, who's to blame, the schemer or the guy who drafted a bad scheme fit?

    Ted has done a very good job of hitting on talent and even his busts are usually not major busts. Harrell and Sherrod can be considered busts, but they were primarily due to health. Jerel worthy was a bust who didn't even remotely catch on elsewhere. But outside of that, most of our early picks turn into at least serviceable players. I don't think anyone would argue that. I think the argument is that we haven't drafted or developed many splash players, especially on defense. Again, it's difficult to really assess who is to blame. Are we drafting guys capable of becoming impact players, but they aren't receiving the coaching they need, or are the guys we draft just not capable of becoming impact players? Hard for me to say one way or the other.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,093
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    For me it's difficult to say one way or the other. I think there could be an argument that ted does an incredible job of building roster depth through undrafted free agents and having a fairly high success rate on later round draft picks. But you can also make the argument that our early round picks haven't been crazy high level performers for the most part.

    Datone jones is a great example. He's going to get interest throughout the league and he will sign for a decent deal. But as a former first round pick who's only been in the league for 4 years, he's also probably not getting the 2nd contract he thought he would be getting. Now this is where the argument is tricky. Is/was Datone never destined to be more than a rotational guy or did our coaching staff not develop him properly? Unless he goes sow where else and breaks out, I don't think we can accurately say who's to blame. And even if he does breakout elsewhere, scheme may have been the issue. And if scheme is the issue, who's to blame, the schemer or the guy who drafted a bad scheme fit?

    Ted has done a very good job of hitting on talent and even his busts are usually not major busts. Harrell and Sherrod can be considered busts, but they were primarily due to health. Jerel worthy was a bust who didn't even remotely catch on elsewhere. But outside of that, most of our early picks turn into at least serviceable players. I don't think anyone would argue that. I think the argument is that we haven't drafted or developed many splash players, especially on defense. Again, it's difficult to really assess who is to blame. Are we drafting guys capable of becoming impact players, but they aren't receiving the coaching they need, or are the guys we draft just not capable of becoming impact players? Hard for me to say one way or the other.
    Either way it does fall back on TT as he hired the staff and has kept them. Whether it be talent or not. I'm just of the belief that finding talent isn't an issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Either way it does fall back on TT as he hired the staff and has kept them. Whether it be talent or not. I'm just of the belief that finding talent isn't an issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've always been told Mike is really in charge wut the staff. Sure the buck stops at Ted for keeping Mike though...I guess?

    Much like anything I think it's a little of both.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    6,973
    All charges were dropped in the Darelle Revis case does it make it easier for him to sign or do you think the damage is done?

    RIP Gene Wilder

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    All charges were dropped in the Darelle Revis case does it make it easier for him to sign or do you think the damage is done?
    The offset language in his contract is what killed the idea for me honestly.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,440
    I wanted to post about Revis again, I had no idea about this until the other day.

    But the Jets pay him 6mil guaranteed and whatever he gets from anyone else counts against that.

    So if he doesn't play he gets 6 mil.

    If he gets 2 from us, he gets 4 from Jets.

    if someone gives him 6, Jets give him nothing. ANd he's basically playing for free more or less because he was getting that to do nothing.

    The rumor is that he wants 8 at least, an extra 2 to play.

    That's my understanding of it anyways. It seems to make it virtually impossible for us. We're not going to give him that much.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,963
    ^^^that makes sense. I guess the only argument would be that if he plans on playing beyond this year, he needs to prove that he can play at least semi effectively. If no one is willing to pay him more than $6, he might as well play for a team with plenty of opportunity and a chance to compete in the playoffs (a good playoffs can increase your value immensely.)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •