Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Around The League 2017

This thread can be used for the releases, signings, trades, etc for the rest of the league.

RIP Gene Wilder

Comp picks are out. Green Bay got a fifth. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ks-to-16-clubs

Jets To Cut Richardson, Skrine?
    March 3rd, 2017 at 2:37pm CST by Zach Links

The Jets aren’t done cleaning house. Sheldon Richardson, Buster Skrine, Marcus Gilchrist, and Calvin Pryor are among the players that are in danger of losing their roster spots, ESPN.com’s Rich Cimini tweets. As previously reported, Eric Decker may be in the same boat. Sheldon Richardson (vertical)

Cimini writes that David Harris seems safe for now, but that could change if they add a free agent at inside linebacker. Gang Green could also try to deal Pryor and Richardson since the former first-round picks still have some trade value. The Jets once shopped Richardson with the hope of netting a first-round pick, but it now seems like they might have to settle for a third-round choice given Richardson’s down year and off-field red flags. Pryor, a big hitter in the secondary, has yet to really break out in his three NFL seasons. This past season, Pro Football Focus rated the Louisville slugger as the No. 73 safety in the NFL out of 89 qualified players.

In recent days, the Jets have released wide receiver Brandon Marshall, cornerback Darrelle Revis, center Nick Mangold, offensive tackles Ryan Clady and Breno Giacomini, kicker Nick Folk, and linebacker Erin Henderson. It sounds like that list is about to grow even more.
    if this is true I would definitely liked to take a run at Richardson and maybe even Skrine.

RIP Gene Wilder

Richardson would be awesome for sure.

Nobody else likes the thought of house coming back home? Jags cut him today

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    Around the web it seems pretty polarizing.

And look at the roster moves thread, it's being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    ehh I am kind of indifferent about him. He would be a vet who has been in the system before but, he doesn't have the greatest foot speed and he only had the one good year in 2015.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    ehh I am kind of indifferent about him. He would be a vet who has been in the system before but, he doesn't have the greatest foot speed and he only had the one good year in 2015.
    It's interesting he supposed run somewhere between mid 4.4 to high 4.4 depending who you listen to. With a reported sub 4.4 at his pro day, but I never once ever saw him on the field and thought yeah that kid runs 4.4...

I don't fear his bad year in 2016 though. I made that other post about him being upset about the scheme.

I can't link to it because it's another site but there's a whole thread somewhere about House being benched I read, Basically every single fan in the thread said it was ********. On top of that he was benched and came back to play well in 2015 after Hopkins stomped him. In 2016 after his early benching I read he only got like 50 more snaps on defense...

When I go read Reddit and other places, nobody was like YEAH GOOD RIDDANCE HOUSE!!!!!!! like you usually see. It's like well, I guess he just doesn't fit the scheme the way they wanted, him running his mouth over it landed him in the doghouse and he couldn't get out. There's another quote of him saying Bradley wouldn't even talk to him about why he was benched. I think he talked too much, talked too many times about he's a man corner and we know how coaches, including ours, hate that. They don't want to hear they're coaching wrong, but in this case if he's not a fit, he's not a fit I guess.

It makes me feel better about 2016 and think he's closer to what he was in 015. That's my feeling.

IDK a ton about their scheme but they changed DC's and they moved to more zone and that hurts pure man guys. I think that's a pretty fair explanation to why he "was only good in 2015" at least to a degree??

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's interesting he supposed run somewhere between mid 4.4 to high 4.4 depending who you listen to. With a reported sub 4.4 at his pro day, but I never once ever saw him on the field and thought yeah that kid runs 4.4...

I don't fear his bad year in 2016 though. I made that other post about him being upset about the scheme.

I can't link to it because it's another site but there's a whole thread somewhere about House being benched I read, Basically every single fan in the thread said it was ********. On top of that he was benched and came back to play well in 2015 after Hopkins stomped him. In 2016 after his early benching I read he only got like 50 more snaps on defense...

When I go read Reddit and other places, nobody was like YEAH GOOD RIDDANCE HOUSE!!!!!!! like you usually see. It's like well, I guess he just doesn't fit the scheme the way they wanted, him running his mouth over it landed him in the doghouse and he couldn't get out. There's another quote of him saying Bradley wouldn't even talk to him about why he was benched. I think he talked too much, talked too many times about he's a man corner and we know how coaches, including ours, hate that. They don't want to hear they're coaching wrong, but in this case if he's not a fit, he's not a fit I guess.

It makes me feel better about 2016 and think he's closer to what he was in 015. That's my feeling.

IDK a ton about their scheme but they changed DC's and they moved to more zone and that hurts pure man guys. I think that's a pretty fair explanation to why he "was only good in 2015" at least to a degree??
    I should have went into it a little more I just posted something quick. I am not against bringing House back but, I am not gonna bang the drum to bring him back either.

I just don't think he has the foot speed and that is one thing we do need in at least one of our corners. we have a ton of guys who can play the slot/nickel corner but, we are hurting for outside guys.

when he was with green bay it seemed like he could never stay healthy so that would be another concern of mine.

He really only had that one good year in 2015 and had an ok year in 2014 when we just threw him out there when we needed a bigger corner to cover a bigger receiver but, if you remember right he did ok when he went against a Calvin Johnson but, would completely disappear against a different receiver.

yeah 2016 could have been a fluke and he just struggled because of scheme but, wasn't he part of that same scheme when he had the good year in 2015?

Like I said I wouldn't be against bringing him in but, I also am not gonna lose any sleep if the packers don't bring him back

RIP Gene Wilder

I should have went into it a little more I just posted something quick. I am not against bringing House back but, I am not gonna bang the drum to bring him back either.

I just don't think he has the foot speed and that is one thing we do need in at least one of our corners. we have a ton of guys who can play the slot/nickel corner but, we are hurting for outside guys.

when he was with green bay it seemed like he could never stay healthy so that would be another concern of mine.

He really only had that one good year in 2015 and had an ok year in 2014 when we just threw him out there when we needed a bigger corner to cover a bigger receiver but, if you remember right he did ok when he went against a Calvin Johnson but, would completely disappear against a different receiver.

yeah 2016 could have been a fluke and he just struggled because of scheme but, wasn't he part of that same scheme when he had the good year in 2015?

Like I said I wouldn't be against bringing him in but, I also am not gonna lose any sleep if the packers don't bring him back
    They changed D coordinators in 2016.

Here's a quote:

"I know last year we were playing more man — that's what I do — I'm a man corner, that's a little different," House said. "Playing-wise [there’s not really anything different]. I'd say the only things I wish I could change are probably two plays."
    I can't speak schematically to what changed. I know he said that, I've read probably 20 JAX fans talk about the same thing. He can't play zone.

His foot speed doesn't scare me but it's not high end. I posted here somewhere he's kind of Gunter+ to me. I'm all for having that kind of guy on the roster. But do you add another one just because he's a bit faster? IDK. Probably not.

Most people remember he did really well against Julio once, the ones that want him back seem to remember that mostly. I'm not for or against him. I see both sides. With Gunter in house, (wow I made a pun) I don't think you bring him back myself but it wouldn't hurt. I have no clue what the money is, if it's like one year 3-4 or something, I can't see how it would hurt much. It's also looking more and more likely we lose Hyde to me, I can live with that too. But very quickly we're getting thin and we already were. So who knows, I think he's a body who can be at least slightly above average.

I think we all agree he isn't the answer to the real problem, and that's a #1 CB.

Oh and he was only on the injury report 3 times in JAX, 3 times Probable in 2015. Missed 3 games in 2014 with us with a shoulder. Didn't see the injury report the year before that. But his first two years here, he saw the injury report 15 separate weeks. Shoulder again twice, ankle, and a hip. For whatever that is worth.

the chargers released Brandon Flowers and DJ Fluker.

Didn't Fluker play better as a guard than a tackle? if so I might take a flier if we can't bring Lang or Tretter back.

Also I don't know how much Flowers has left in the tank but, he would be a nice vet presence for our CB group

RIP Gene Wilder

guion suspended first four games of 2017.

Eagles Want Fifth-Round Pick For Kendricks
    March 12th, 2017 at 9:07am CST by Dallas Robinson

Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks has reportedly been on the trade block dating back to the 2015 draft, but Philadelphia is now actively shopping him, and is looking for at least a fifth-round pick in exchange, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.Mychal Kendricks (vertical)

A Kendricks deal won’t save the Eagles all that much in cap space (just $1.8MM), but Philadelphia currently possesses the least amount of cap room in the league with fewer than $4MM in reserves. If the club is planing another signing during the free agent period, it could use the extra breathing room. The Eagles were also trying to deal linebacker Connor Barwin before ultimately releasing him, and are still attempting to unload center Jason Kelce, although they won’t do so simply to clear cap space.

Any team that acquires Kendricks will be on the hook for his 2017 $4.85MM base salary, $4.35MM of which became fully guaranteed this week. Kendricks, 26, is signed through the 2019 campaign thanks to an extension in August 2015. An acquiring club would take on cap charges of $5MM, $6MM, and $7MM in the next three seasons, respectively.

A full-time starter during his first four seasons with the Eagles, Kendricks was largely relegated to a reserve role in 2016, as he played on only a quarter of Philadelphia’s defensive snaps. In that span, he racked up 28 tackles and fumble recovery, and earned positive marks for his run defense and pass rushing ability from Pro Football Focus. Kendricks’ coverage grade of 47.7, however, was lacking.
    profootballrumors.com

we have an extra 5th, would you guys give up a 5th to get Kendricks?

RIP Gene Wilder

profootballrumors.com

we have an extra 5th, would you guys give up a 5th to get Kendricks?
    Yes

TT wouldn't do it tho

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast