Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Cutler was clearly the better choice for them.

Exactly. I'm in the camp that's it is probably a little ridiculous that kap doesn't have a job. And some of the backup qbs signed over him are kind of baffling, but this isn't one of those cases. You can make an arguement that kap and cutler are of similar talent levels, but add in that cutler has played (and played well) in the gase system and it makes complete sense.

With a lot of heat on Kaepernick around the league to try to get him signed he's going to eventually find somewhere to play. Even if there really is some kind of Blacklist out there on him eventually somebody's going to get hurt and it's going to open up a spot because to be honest there's not a better quarterback left on the market unless the team wants to trade.

I said that same thing today. If it happens early, I think someone will for sure. Who knows.

just a few thoughts following the Elliott suspension. It looks like the Packers path to the NFC Championship & Beyond really has gotten better with the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott. I mean there's a number of good teams but even if Ezekiel Elliot comes back after those six games you have to wonder what shape he's going to be in and how ready he's going to be to play football. To be honest I already had questions about whether or not the Cowboys would be able to sustain the play that they had last year but without Ezekial Elliott their season is really in question. Now frankly I don't want to get into the details of the Elliott suspension because I know there's probably a lot of split opinions on it. However from a pure standings perspective this has a major impact because unlike with the Brady suspension last year which was only 4 games 6 games is a big difference in the Long Haul of a season. Two things are really going to show up about this one we're going to see how good of a team the Cowboys truly are and to we're going to actually see if Dak Prescott is an actual NFL quarterback.

It already looks like there's a quarterback controversy for the Bears granted I never thought that Mike Glennon was going to be anything long-term for them but in terms of the development of Mitch Trubisky starting Glennon out the gate make sense. Then again is the Chicago Bears and a lot of things that they do don't make sense. As a Packers fan frankly I shouldn't care but if the Bears want to have success and make the future of the Bears Packers rivalry interesting then it will be in the best interest to let Trubrisky sit for a year or at least for a portion of the season. Personally speaking I think it's always in the best interest to have your young quarterbacks learn and sit for a little bit. Despite the fact that Jay Cutler isn't necessarily an elite quarterback it would have done the Bears better to have Cutler starting this year and have Trubisky taking the reins following this season if that was their plan all along. With Glennon at the rains the Bears is don't appear to be any sort of threat to the Packers this season.

The cowboys schedule could be difficult the 1st 6 weeks as well. Without zeke, I'd imagine they maybe underdogs to the Giants in week one. If the broncos can get decent play from one of their qbs, the broncos will probably be favored at home in week 2. Barring injuries, I'd have to imagine the packers will be favored at Dallas in week 6 (assuming the suspension holds, although I wouldn't be shocked if it drops to 4). Depending how they bounce back, Dallas at Arizona week 3 could basically be a toss up too. Fortunately for them, they have San Fran and the rams for the other two games, so 2-4 is probably a worst case scenario for them, barring other major injuries. But that's not super easy to bounce back from, meaning they'll probably be playing wild card weekend if they make the playoffs after starting 2-4.

Obvisously were getting way ahead of ourselves here and it's possible Dallas isn't as dependent on zeke as we might think. But if could be a tough start for Dallas if he remains suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The cowboys schedule could be difficult the 1st 6 weeks as well. Without zeke, I'd imagine they maybe underdogs to the Giants in week one. If the broncos can get decent play from one of their qbs, the broncos will probably be favored at home in week 2. Barring injuries, I'd have to imagine the packers will be favored at Dallas in week 6 (assuming the suspension holds, although I wouldn't be shocked if it drops to 4). Depending how they bounce back, Dallas at Arizona week 3 could basically be a toss up too. Fortunately for them, they have San Fran and the rams for the other two games, so 2-4 is probably a worst case scenario for them, barring other major injuries. But that's not super easy to bounce back from, meaning they'll probably be playing wild card weekend if they make the playoffs after starting 2-4.

Obvisously were getting way ahead of ourselves here and it's possible Dallas isn't as dependent on zeke as we might think. But if could be a tough start for Dallas if he remains suspended.
    I doubt that Zeke's suspension will be reduced, if anything the league could be adding on to it. The league has not even began to look into his St. Patrick's Day issue where he lifted a woman's shirt, and the fight he was in. Zeke has a lot of issues coming his way, the six is going to stick. They gave him 6 for an issue that was dropped legally, but the other two issues don't seem to be going anywhere. This may go to court, but who know's we will wait and see.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the NFL still "could" investigate suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's involvement in a July 16 bar brawl and "pursue further action" against him.
    Elliott's current six-game ban was applied only because he violated the NFL's domestic violence policy. Elliott also violated the NFL's personal conduct policy by exposing a woman's breast on St. Patrick's Day, and the league's investigation into the July 16 bar brawl has yet to be resolved. It's a reminder that Elliott is far from out of the woods with multiple violations of multiple league polices and existing investigations still hanging over his head.
    Personally, I think the league is in the right on this one. He's highly talented, but he's had a bad off-season in-terms of personal conduct. A lot of people seem to be going off the notion that because the charges were dropped he was innocent, but the league seems to have some pretty strong evidence he did assault his girlfriend.

According to ProFootballTalk.comís Charean Williams, TMZ had obtained eight photos showing bruises on Elliottís former girlfriend. The photos were part of the evidence used by the NFL during their investigation, and the league confirmed that the pictures were nothing new. Experts said the bruises were consistent with abuse, although Elliott claims his ex-girlfriend suffered the injuries at a bar.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 08-12-2017 at 05:50 PM.

FWIW I believe one of her friends even said the bruises were from the bar fight.

I wonder if in appeal they're gonna go, take the 6 or we investigate the punching incident?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    FWIW I believe one of her friends even said the bruises were from the bar fight.

I wonder if in appeal they're gonna go, take the 6 or we investigate the punching incident?
    Thats 100% what i'm thinking at this point.
    Losing Zeke for 6 is a tough blow for the Cowboys, but with that O-Line and two good veteran RBs they will manage.

Frankly more on the Zeke thing, the precedence for big name guys has been a higher ban, Ray Rice got an indefinite suspension which lead to his career being over. Greg Hardy got 10 games and then lowered to 4, but his career basically ended. Even the NYG punter who only got 1 game he was cut and was blacklisted essentially.

This suspension is what I would relate to the Ray Rice effect the league was caught with their pants down when video surfaced. I would imagine that has to be part of the justification here.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Frankly more on the Zeke thing, the precedence for big name guys has been a higher ban, Ray Rice got an indefinite suspension which lead to his career being over. Greg Hardy got 10 games and then lowered to 4, but his career basically ended. Even the NYG punter who only got 1 game he was cut and was blacklisted essentially.

This suspension is what I would relate to the Ray Rice effect the league was caught with their pants down when video surfaced. I would imagine that has to be part of the justification here.
    Dallas gave him a chance, and he blew it by acting like a complete *** hole.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Dallas gave him a chance, and he blew it by acting like a complete *** hole.
    Oh no, I'm fully aware of this, but the point I was mostly trying to get across was the suspension was essentially smaller than most of the precedence in the past. I don't foresee Zeke's future being in jeopardy, but I really think they knew the evidence against him was circumstantial, which in NFL standards is enough to suspend, but at the same time I think the league knows he has a chance to be a big star with one of the biggest markets in the NFL. I see the six probably holding as a warning to him to drop the childish behavior, drop the bad influences, and surround himself in a wiser manner. Zeke can in the long run be a big revenue source for the NFL, but if he has another bone-headed off-season like this last one he'll easily go down as one of those what if's.

Eddie Lacy rushed six times for 20 yards and caught his lone target for three yards in the Seahawks' second preseason game.
    He has 30 yards on 10 preseason carries with the lone reception. Lacy started tonight only because Thomas Rawls is battling a mild ankle sprain, and even so merely shared first-team duties with rookie Chris Carson, who played 9-of-22 first-team snaps to Lacy's 13. Lacy has looked neither powerful nor explosive this preseason. We would advise avoiding him before the late rounds of drafts.
    Looks like the Packers knew what they were doing in terms of Lacy. In one sense I'm not surprised. Granted this is only pre-season, but the past two years he's really dropped off a little so I don't think this is all related to the pre-season. It will be interesting to follow through out the season on if the Packers dropped the ball on this one. So far it looks like kind of a wash move.

Looks like the Packers knew what they were doing in terms of Lacy. In one sense I'm not surprised. Granted this is only pre-season, but the past two years he's really dropped off a little so I don't think this is all related to the pre-season. It will be interesting to follow through out the season on if the Packers dropped the ball on this one. So far it looks like kind of a wash move.
    To be fair, the Seahawks offensive line is pretty poor. I think lacy can be effective in the right situation, but I'm not sure us or Seattle is that situation. He runs well behind a fullback and is pretty decent at the 2nd level, but he's not talented enough to make something out of nothing.

I watched that game, he looked fine lol. What's that from?

Oh nevermind, I watched the first game. He had one more short power run over the right side where he broke like three tackles.

I still think he's gonna rush for a thousand.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast