Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I would be against letting Hyde walk. He is a very versatile player and has done everything asked of him and has done well.

I believe Amukamara has a lengthy injury history doesn't he? I think this last season was like his first full season? I could be wrong.

I really haven't done much looking at prospects yet. Peppers is a well talked about name so ok.

I love Desmond King but, a lot of draft people are worried about his speed and think he is more of a safety in the NFL. I don't know if Watt will be at our pick in the 3rd.

Mixon is the kid that was caught punching a female on camera isn't he? yeah I think the Packers and most teams will avoid him.
    I like king too but he's one of those guys that might be better suited for the slot and nickel/dime situations. Or like you said, maybe a safety. Both him and Peppers can become that hybrid type of player. Would be great to have, but an outside corner or pass rusher is way more necessary.

We need a guy who has vast experience as an outside corner and has a set position. The experiments should be a thing of the past for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I
    Mixon is the kid that was caught punching a female on camera isn't he? yeah I think the Packers and most teams will avoid him.
    That is correct.
    Aside from Dalvin Cook, I think Mixon is the best RB in this draft. Some team will take a chance on him, I just hope its not the Packers. The distraction that would bring to this team just isnt worth it.

I don't study prospects near as much as a lot of others on here, but I'm not a peppers fan at all. He's a great athlete, but what does he really play. Judging by his size, he's probably a strong safety. But as a safety, he really doesn't have good ball skills. He's probably too small to play linebacker and even if he plays linebacker, he isn't that great of tackler. As a linebacker, he's going to need to be kept clean (probably more of a 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 ilb). He's my going to shed blocks. In my mind, he's basically the same player as Morgan Burnett.

I'm also not huge on king. I think speed can be overrated for corners. But with that being said, we need a guy with more speed than king. King is basically Micah hyde to me. He's a middle of the field guy who can play a bunch of snaps in a bunch of different formats.

And watt will almost certainly not be available at our 3rd round pick. There's a pretty strong chance, according to some, that he may not even be available when we pick in the 2nd.

Like someone else said. Unless we have a great free agent period and fill all of our holes without opening up more holes, we probably shouldn't be drafting more gadgety style players. And if we do fill our holes defensively prior to the draft, and want to take a gimmicky or high upside guy, I'd rather grab an athletic tight end to groom.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't study prospects near as much as a lot of others on here, but I'm not a peppers fan at all. He's a great athlete, but what does he really play. Judging by his size, he's probably a strong safety. But as a safety, he really doesn't have good ball skills. He's probably too small to play linebacker and even if he plays linebacker, he isn't that great of tackler. As a linebacker, he's going to need to be kept clean (probably more of a 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 ilb). He's my going to shed blocks. In my mind, he's basically the same player as Morgan Burnett.

I'm also not huge on king. I think speed can be overrated for corners. But with that being said, we need a guy with more speed than king. King is basically Micah hyde to me. He's a middle of the field guy who can play a bunch of snaps in a bunch of different formats.

And watt will almost certainly not be available at our 3rd round pick. There's a pretty strong chance, according to some, that he may not even be available when we pick in the 2nd.

Like someone else said. Unless we have a great free agent period and fill all of our holes without opening up more holes, we probably shouldn't be drafting more gadgety style players. And if we do fill our holes defensively prior to the draft, and want to take a gimmicky or high upside guy, I'd rather grab an athletic tight end to groom.
    As much as it pains me to say this (as an Iowa fan), King isn't the right guy for what we need. I do think he projects as a safety in the NFL and he struggled against bigger, faster WR in the Senior Bowl practices. He's a gamer though and you can't take that away from him. Unfortunately, he just isn't what we need right now.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    A lot of you guy's are missing the big picture at OLB. Everyone is leary of resigning Perry due to injuries and lack of production his 1st 3.5 years, I get that. The problem is, he was by far our best pass rusher last season, even with a club arm. Clay has been disappointing for 3 years, is older and even more injury prone and if he were cut, we'd save $11.1 Mil in cap space, which should be enough to resign Perry. Perry is probably the better player at this point and it wasn't that close this last season. It's time to let Clay walk, unless he's willing to play for half or less of his contract.

We need to make cuts or renegotiations for Shields - cut, Starks - cut, Clay and Cobb in order to sign and resign the players we need to contend.
    Finding a productive OLB is difficult but your willing to cut a proven OLB/ILB that is and has been a playmaker for us for many years over a guy that was on his contract year and a one year above average player? That makes 0 sense to me. Your basing this off of one year where Clay played through a shoulder injury that will require surgery. I'm by no means a huge fan of Clay, I just don't agree with cutting Clay to keep Perry.

There is no need to cut Clay. If we found a better option as a pass rusher he can always play ILB at a fairly good level.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't study prospects near as much as a lot of others on here, but I'm not a peppers fan at all. He's a great athlete, but what does he really play. Judging by his size, he's probably a strong safety. But as a safety, he really doesn't have good ball skills. He's probably too small to play linebacker and even if he plays linebacker, he isn't that great of tackler. As a linebacker, he's going to need to be kept clean (probably more of a 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 ilb). He's my going to shed blocks. In my mind, he's basically the same player as Morgan Burnett. .
    I'd compare him more to a guy like Mark Barron, a hybrid OLB/Safety.
    I agree though, definitely better suited for a 4-3 defense. Kid is a stud though.

A Barron like role might make sense. I just don't see him being a stud. He doesn't do anything that well besides return punts. He's an awesome athlete but doesn't do anything defensively at any one spot that makes me believe he's going to be good. Honestly, being Morgan Burnett while also returning punts is probably a really good thing for him to strive towards. It's a safety who can't slide down to ilb in very obvious passing downs.

Maybe he's a high enough caliber of athlete that he learns to do a lot of things. But anytime you read about him all of the hype is that he has the athleticism to do so many things like play safety, slot corner, linebacker and punt returner. But for the most part, it's all potential. If you were to grade out him individually at each of those positions, he's probably not top 5 at the position in the draft at any of those spots individually besides returner.

Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Finding a productive OLB is difficult but your willing to cut a proven OLB/ILB that is and has been a playmaker for us for many years over a guy that was on his contract year and a one year above average player? That makes 0 sense to me. Your basing this off of one year where Clay played through a shoulder injury that will require surgery. I'm by no means a huge fan of Clay, I just don't agree with cutting Clay to keep Perry.
    Maybe there's individuals who think that, but I think a decent majority of the perry supporters on here prefer we sign perry to keep them both.

And for me, my thought is that you also draft another pass rusher early this year. If he pans out, you can rotate 3 guys if you want. Or at that point you can cut clay or even perry, but that's at least a full season away, if not more.

I think the biggest fear most of us have is that we already lack pass rushers. Not resigning perry makes us rely much more heavily on a rookie or a jump in production/development from a guy like fackerall or jones (if he's resigned). That's a very risky proposition. I get perry is risky as well, as he has an extensive injury history, but at least he's generally productive when he's on the field.

Would you rather push money towards Perry or Ingram?.. with the Chargers switching to a 4-3, there's a good chance Ingram hits free agency... I think i'd pay a little extra for Ingram, and then go after Marcus Cooper at CB...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I don't have insider. Lemme guess, they picked us to make it to the super bowl? Like every year it seems like. And lets be honest, its only cause we have Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I don't have insider. Lemme guess, they picked us to make it to the super bowl? Like every year it seems like. And lets be honest, its only cause we have Rodgers.
    I didn't get to read it lol. It's posting on the reddit GB page, some of what they said. One guy said he thinks Ted will finally be forced to sign FA because of everyone coming at him from every angle forcing him, if that makes you feel better.

But, just the title is all I know. Most execs picked us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

I'm interested to see what players become cap casualties. Any chance Jamaal Charles or AP get cut loose and we roll the dice for a 1 yr deal. Charles is probably more of a 3rd down back after his injuries and doesn't fit great. Mario Williams is a guy I could see us going after and taking Peppers spot, Williams was bad last year and likely wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Any other vets that might be nice short term guys after they get cut on the horizon, the only other guy I can think of is Revis and I'll pass there.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I'm interested to see what players become cap casualties. Any chance Jamaal Charles or AP get cut loose and we roll the dice for a 1 yr deal. Charles is probably more of a 3rd down back after his injuries and doesn't fit great. Mario Williams is a guy I could see us going after and taking Peppers spot, Williams was bad last year and likely wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Any other vets that might be nice short term guys after they get cut on the horizon, the only other guy I can think of is Revis and I'll pass there.
    Mario can't stand and openly said he basically hates 34 and you aren't changing the defense for him are you? If it was cheap it would be interesting I guess.

If revis got cut I'd be intrigued..maybe he needs to be on a contender to rekindle the fire. Revis is my dream cut and signing honestly.

AP would be nuts.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast