Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    So TT and Capers are staying?

I saw in McCarthys press conference he said Dom is a great coach. So that means he is staying and the Montgomery is going to be full time running back.

!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY TED !!!!!!!

As a shareholder I can use this hashtag #notmygm

#iamgute

[QUOTE=duncky1188;31428151]I saw in McCarthys press conference he said Dom is a great coach. So that means he is staying and the Montgomery is going to be full time running back.[/QUOT

Ty
    Rip can run
    Bring back Lacy
    Bring back Michael or draft someone in the middle rounds

Those should be the moves at RB imo

I would put out offers to a bunch of guys that we have and be very firm on not going higher.
    Perry 3/24 and I'd give him some nice incentives on games played and sacks per year
    Lang 2/15, Lacy 2/7, Hyde 2/7, Cook 2/10
    Let Peppers (maybe offer like (1/3), Starks, Tretter, Thomas, and any of the other free agents who want more money walk.
    Cut Shields
    Try and renegotiate with Cobb and Matthews. Matthews has 2 years about 21 mill in base salary and Cobb is at 2/17. Give them an extra year, turn some salary into a signing bonus and spread the money out a bit and we could save 6-8 million in cap space. (I would move Matthews back to ILB, in his role last year)

That puts us around 105 million in spending before free agents, as long as I didn't do any math wrong. The current projected team salary cap number is $175 for us. Add in $25 for our own free agents and we probably would like to be 10-20 million under the cap. After draft picks let's say that is 20-30 is left over to sign free agents.

I would sign
    1) CB 7-11 per depending on the market Dre Kirkpatrick, Prince Amukamura, Morris Claiborne, Stephone Gilmore
    2) OLB 4-7 Jarvis Jones, Lorenzo Alexander, Demarcus Ware
    3) OL depth 2-4 (find a experieced backup G/C) Stephen Wisniewski, AQ Shipley

Draft
    1) DE/OLB DeMarcus Walker He can play DE in the 3-4 if he puts on 10-15 pounds or be a good edge rusher
    2) CB Jourdan Lewis His athleticism and length makes up for his height and with a bigger FA corner signing this would be a great pick.
    3) TE Jake Butt If we resign Cook, Butt would be a nice pick. He can sit next year and get healthy and in a couple years take over as a starter. He would have been a earlier 2nd round pick and now is probably a 4th rounder on most places I've looked.
    4) RB Wayne Gallman With all the depth at RB there will be 3 or 4 nice backs in the 4th, hard to tell who.
    5) WR Josh Malone Take a chance at a high upside WR.
    6) LB Vince Biegel Some people have him as ab ILB, my aloud homer pick.
    7)CB Brandon Facyson Practice squad insurance
    Last edited by jay87shot; 01-26-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Capers needs to go away. How that man still has a job is beyond me. How many playoff melt downs do you have to have in order for him to be fired?

Capers is staying.

Bye..You can find me on the patriots forum if you need me

lol at this point how can anyone even be mad or shocked? **** hilarious now. No point in pulling our hair out and *****ing. I am taking a new zen approach... Gonna go with the flow... MM/TT/DC have broke me... I am just gonna enjoy the ride.

At this point if I were the front office id offer Rodger for luck and a 3rd or 4th rounder... We not gonna win **** anyway might as well at least open the window more and try for more years of being medicore-good and pray for a hot run from luck over 3 or 4 more years of greatness with rodgers.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-27-2017 at 02:40 AM.

I'm OK with Capers if we had some more playmakers.

But Capers and no playmakers is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    What's up Wis.

I don't think Lang will be gone. I would hope that we could resign both Lang and Tretter, but it may not be possible. I think we can get Lang back on a team friendly deal and Tretter back on a prove it deal, but his deal would be 2-3 years tops. I can't see anything longer than that for him, considering his injury history.

I also agree on Cook, but feel that we need to draft fairly high on TE. It's a pretty deep class, I could honestly see us taking a TE with our first round pick. I don't think TT gives Cook anything more than 2-3 years at 4-5 per year.

Lacy will be back and should. I'm guessing he is going to get a 1 year prove it deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5.

100% agreed. No sense in upsetting the secondary's apple cart again. He's not a #1 guy at any position, but can cover TE and also helps tremendously in the return game.

I think we are in a tough spot with Perry. I think he has to be resigned, but how much are we willing to pay for him? A lot of discussion on here have people saying to cut CMIII, but I don't see how we can with Perry a FA and little or nothing else at the position. I think there's a slight possibility that Peppers is back on a 1 year deal, team friendly, simply trying to win a SB.
    What's up bud?

Going along with what Norm said Tretter is going to get a good deal the fact that he has versatility makes him more valuable. Mike likes the guys that can play anywhere on the line and look when he was in there he was very effective. Some would say our best OL. If they don't sign him to a sizable deal someone else will and I don't think the Packers want to chance that.

Guard isn't a valued position in the league anymore. Look at Sitton. Most to everyone were crying about that move, myself included but guys inside the line are replaceable and once they reach a certain age and injuries become a factor they become expendable. The only way I see him coming back is for very cheap but I don't see that happening to be honest. I'd expect Linsley or Spriggs to take that spot.

If they resign Cook for 3 years like I'd expect them to then I don't see them drafting a TE high in the draft. They like Rodgers too much but they'd like competition there.

A lot of you guy's are missing the big picture at OLB. Everyone is leary of resigning Perry due to injuries and lack of production his 1st 3.5 years, I get that. The problem is, he was by far our best pass rusher last season, even with a club arm. Clay has been disappointing for 3 years, is older and even more injury prone and if he were cut, we'd save $11.1 Mil in cap space, which should be enough to resign Perry. Perry is probably the better player at this point and it wasn't that close this last season. It's time to let Clay walk, unless he's willing to play for half or less of his contract.

We need to make cuts or renegotiations for Shields - cut, Starks - cut, Clay and Cobb in order to sign and resign the players we need to contend.

Resign- Perry, Lang, Lacy, Cook.
    Let Hyde walk and sign a FA like Stephone Gilmore or Prince Amukmara. And possibly a LB for the right price.
    Draft LB 1rd unless Jabrill Peppers drops even Peppers might be an athletic LB at the next level who would be great in coverage like the AZ Cardinals LB Buchanon (there's been talk of Peppers dropping)
    Rd2- CB Desmond King from Iowa
    Rd3- TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin
    Rd4- Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
    Rd5 Defense
    Rd6 Defense
    Rd7 Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    A lot of you guy's are missing the big picture at OLB. Everyone is leary of resigning Perry due to injuries and lack of production his 1st 3.5 years, I get that. The problem is, he was by far our best pass rusher last season, even with a club arm. Clay has been disappointing for 3 years, is older and even more injury prone and if he were cut, we'd save $11.1 Mil in cap space, which should be enough to resign Perry. Perry is probably the better player at this point and it wasn't that close this last season. It's time to let Clay walk, unless he's willing to play for half or less of his contract.

We need to make cuts or renegotiations for Shields - cut, Starks - cut, Clay and Cobb in order to sign and resign the players we need to contend.
    Clay isn't taking half his salary. You're all dreaming..this just doesn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTimeSHAW View Post
    Resign- Perry, Lang, Lacy, Cook.
    Let Hyde walk and sign a FA like Stephone Gilmore or Prince Amukmara. And possibly a LB for the right price.
    Draft LB 1rd unless Jabrill Peppers drops even Peppers might be an athletic LB at the next level who would be great in coverage like the AZ Cardinals LB Buchanon (there's been talk of Peppers dropping)
    Rd2- CB Desmond King from Iowa
    Rd3- TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin
    Rd4- Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
    Rd5 Defense
    Rd6 Defense
    Rd7 Defense
    I would be against letting Hyde walk. He is a very versatile player and has done everything asked of him and has done well.

I believe Amukamara has a lengthy injury history doesn't he? I think this last season was like his first full season? I could be wrong.

I really haven't done much looking at prospects yet. Peppers is a well talked about name so ok.

I love Desmond King but, a lot of draft people are worried about his speed and think he is more of a safety in the NFL. I don't know if Watt will be at our pick in the 3rd.

Mixon is the kid that was caught punching a female on camera isn't he? yeah I think the Packers and most teams will avoid him.

RIP Gene Wilder

We don't really even need Clay or Cobb to take a pay cut. There will be $47.7 million in cap space if Shields and Starks are cut. That is more than enough to deal with.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast