Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 257
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    117,564
    Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Out of every post I've made on this site (not too too many) the Aaron Rodgers Olivia Munn break up gets the most replies, go figure lol
    So it's kind of like....


    On the Reddit thread for it I posted "super bowl" and it got like 700 up votes lol.
    People love this crap I guess

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    682
    now if Rodgers plays poorly fans can still blame Munn for NOT being his girlfriend

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    117,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    now if Rodgers plays poorly fans can still blame Munn for NOT being his girlfriend
    Haha. That would be something..we tend to start slow. So let's see what we blame.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,731
    According to demovsky, we released dorleant. With house signing and Randall, Rollins and Gunter all above him in the depth chart, he was probably not in a battle for the 5th corner spot at best, even if we didn't draft a guy.

    I'm still not entirely convinced we actually take a corner early. I could see ted viewing the young guys as improvement candidates and house as a steady force if needed. But either way, dorleant was probably in a bit of an uphill battle to make the roster anyway.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    According to demovsky, we released dorleant. With house signing and Randall, Rollins and Gunter all above him in the depth chart, he was probably not in a battle for the 5th corner spot at best, even if we didn't draft a guy.

    I'm still not entirely convinced we actually take a corner early. I could see ted viewing the young guys as improvement candidates and house as a steady force if needed. But either way, dorleant was probably in a bit of an uphill battle to make the roster anyway.
    The Packers don't have a No. 1 CB on their roster. It's like the Brewers rotation, no No. 1 but No. 3 types. I think Randall is a No. 2, but when everyone gets bumped up a notch...it will be a lot like last year. I think Rollins can be a good nickel guy. I think the Packers will take a CB but doubt they take one on first two days.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    The Packers don't have a No. 1 CB on their roster. It's like the Brewers rotation, no No. 1 but No. 3 types. I think Randall is a No. 2, but when everyone gets bumped up a notch...it will be a lot like last year. I think Rollins can be a good nickel guy. I think the Packers will take a CB but doubt they take one on first two days.
    I think they need to take one in the 1st 2 rounds and the smartest is play is just take your fave with the 1st pick. Its a great class and you could get a guy who comes in and takes #1 from day one. House can prob hold it till the rook blossoms if need be. Also I think randall takes a huge jump this year, he played hurt last ear and has the skills to have it click this year.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    117,564
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycumlately View Post
    I think they need to take one in the 1st 2 rounds and the smartest is play is just take your fave with the 1st pick. Its a great class and you could get a guy who comes in and takes #1 from day one. House can prob hold it till the rook blossoms if need be. Also I think randall takes a huge jump this year, he played hurt last ear and has the skills to have it click this year.
    To play devil's advocate here a bit...

    With such a deep class waiting until round two might be the better value.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,731
    I think we all believe corner is a need. My point is, there's probably a decent chance the packers don't.

    Comparatively, look around the rest of the roster. We almost always pick for the future, knowing that a rookie isn't super likely to come in and make an immediate impact. And by picking for the future, you should have to rely less on rookies coming in immediately in coming years. We almost always try to pick a guys who play a decent or small role as a rookie, but take over a starting job in years 2 or 3.

    Rollins, Randall and Gunter still fit the mold of guys who can continue to improve and be good starters in years 2 and 3. There's other positions where we don't have as much young depth, particularly early draft picks like randall and Rollins. OLB is a big one we've talked about, as they basically have fackerall behind clay, who could be gone soon. WR is going to be a need in a year or two, as Cobb and Nelson both expire soon. And Nelson probably doesn't have a ton of years as a high level WR left. They've mentioned bringing in more RB help multiple times this offseason. If spriggs truly is a tackle only, we only have a 5th round 2nd year player and some undrafted guys fighting for a starting guard spot.

    So I'm not saying I agree for certain, but there's other positions with less potential to improve than corner that could be big needs in the near future. I would not at all be surprised if we don't take a corner in the first 3 rounds. We still might, but everyone on here seems to be dead set that we are taking a corner early. I'm just saying we may not.

    Additionally, even in a deep class, I'm not certain the best corner available at 29 is coming in and starting as our #1 corner like a lot of you seem to think.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think we all believe corner is a need. My point is, there's probably a decent chance the packers don't.

    Comparatively, look around the rest of the roster. We almost always pick for the future, knowing that a rookie isn't super likely to come in and make an immediate impact. And by picking for the future, you should have to rely less on rookies coming in immediately in coming years. We almost always try to pick a guys who play a decent or small role as a rookie, but take over a starting job in years 2 or 3.

    Rollins, Randall and Gunter still fit the mold of guys who can continue to improve and be good starters in years 2 and 3. There's other positions where we don't have as much young depth, particularly early draft picks like randall and Rollins. OLB is a big one we've talked about, as they basically have fackerall behind clay, who could be gone soon. WR is going to be a need in a year or two, as Cobb and Nelson both expire soon. And Nelson probably doesn't have a ton of years as a high level WR left. They've mentioned bringing in more RB help multiple times this offseason. If spriggs truly is a tackle only, we only have a 5th round 2nd year player and some undrafted guys fighting for a starting guard spot.

    So I'm not saying I agree for certain, but there's other positions with less potential to improve than corner that could be big needs in the near future. I would not at all be surprised if we don't take a corner in the first 3 rounds. We still might, but everyone on here seems to be dead set that we are taking a corner early. I'm just saying we may not.

    Additionally, even in a deep class, I'm not certain the best corner available at 29 is coming in and starting as our #1 corner like a lot of you seem to think.
    I agree crewfan for the most part. Corner no sure thing at 29 to come in and be the guy actually not likely. Hope Randall takes a big jump. Packers need playmakers at all levels defensively and other positions besides CB. Need a play-making LB inside and outside. Need a big tackle to shift Daniels to DE unless Clark is ready but sounds like Pack likely move him around. Need CB obviously.

    On other side need OL help and to take a RB. Packers have a lot of needs it's just if they are truly going to be SB contender I think they need a No. 1 CB. Dream scenario would be Cobb, pick to SEA for Sherman. Doubt SEA does it but that would be great lol. Suddenly secondary would look strong with Sherman-Randall-Rollins-House-Gunter. Honestly if the Pack had a No. 1 CB the secondary would be good and could get away with 1 later in draft.

    I wouldn't mind Cunningham from Vandy or trading back for OLB. Cunningham could be a playmaker ILB which GB hasn't had. Ryan had 0 sacks, 0 FF, 0 FR, 0 INT last year. Was like Hawk tackles 5 yards downfield at earliest.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    682
    Free agents come to Green Bay with a will to win. After an unfortunate retirement of Peppers and Sheilds the pack have around 22 mil savings in the cap. Add the release of Cook at 2,750,000 Starks 3,000,000 Lang 6,181,250. TT opens the wallet and actually fixes problems through free agency, it will finally happen. Said this in my 2018 Super Bowl thread. I meant to say Cook, Lang, Starks go on free agency not just cut. I think this is going to be a great draft for the Pack, too many high prospects that fall into the Packers needs. I do expect some surprise cuts still because of the draft and other players that were released.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    117,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Free agents come to Green Bay with a will to win. After an unfortunate retirement of Peppers and Sheilds the pack have around 22 mil savings in the cap. Add the release of Cook at 2,750,000 Starks 3,000,000 Lang 6,181,250. TT opens the wallet and actually fixes problems through free agency, it will finally happen. Said this in my 2018 Super Bowl thread. I meant to say Cook, Lang, Starks go on free agency not just cut. I think this is going to be a great draft for the Pack, too many high prospects that fall into the Packers needs. I do expect some surprise cuts still because of the draft and other players that were released.
    Peppers didn't retire

    I'm sort of confused what you're getting at in the beginning half of that though?

    I'm missing another post or something I think haha

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    682
    Ya my post got locked in Oct I think, just calling my shot, and when I go to Vegas I'm putting money down. Everyone is talking about the Pats, but I'm telling ya this is the year. Health will not be a problem and lots of depth will be coming.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    117,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Ya my post got locked in Oct I think, just calling my shot, and when I go to Vegas I'm putting money down. Everyone is talking about the Pats, but I'm telling ya this is the year. Health will not be a problem and lots of depth will be coming.
    I hope you're right.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    682
    I put my foot down and the foot has spoken, NO major injuries, no jinx, I said NO.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Ya my post got locked in Oct I think, just calling my shot, and when I go to Vegas I'm putting money down. Everyone is talking about the Pats, but I'm telling ya this is the year. Health will not be a problem and lots of depth will be coming.
    i already put mine down, went packers superbowl and i think my odds at time were like 10-1

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •