Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

2017 Packers Roster Moves

Since the season is over for us that means new offseason new thread. All Packers signings, trades, releases, etc in this thread.

RIP Gene Wilder

here we go again feel like we were just here

Wish List
    Ted to Senior Advisor and Wolf to GM
    Fire Dom Capers and hire Pepper Johnson, Dave Campo, Mel Tucker, Keith Butler, or Todd Bowels
    Resign MUSTS Cook, Perry, and Lang.
    Resign Peppers, Jones, Hyde, lacy, and Barclay if the deal is right.
    FA sign (1 or multiple) Dont'a Hightower, Stephon Gilmore, Prince Amuk, or AJ Bouye
    Draft BPA (no QB) but hunt for a RB that fits this offense.
    Last edited by 12to85; 01-23-2017 at 12:20 PM.

To me, Lang isn't quite a must. He'd be great to have, but we do have a ton of money already invested in the ol. If Lang wants too big of deal, and we are truly willing to spend in free agency, then his money can likely be better spent on defense.

Don't get my wrong, I really like Lang and would love for him to be back. But he's not going to be cheap. Both of our tackles are expensive, so also spending on guard might be difficult, especially since our defense stinks and we also have a lot of money spent at qb and wr.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    We should probably make a different thread for ideas and discussing those ideas rather than clutter this one up. Unless of course there isn't much getting done in the offseason lol.

^^^I don't think Lang will be as expensive as you think though. I would say market value is 8/yr, which is not out of this world for a Pro Bowler - I would guess it would be less for resigning. Say you could get him at 6-7 per year, that should be incredibly reasonable for what he brings to the table. I'm guessing Tretter's market value would be about the same on the open market, but far less resigning. I think it's "one or the other" between JC and TJ, and my vote would goto Lang, personally.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Here is the offseason to do list: Resign 1) Nick Perry $10 Mil/ season
    2) Jared Cook $5 Mil/ season
    3) Micah Hyde $5 Mil/ season
    4) TJ Lang $8 Mil/ season
    5) Eddie Lacy $4.5 Mil/ season
    6) Joe Thomas $2 Mil/ Season
    7) JC Tretter $6 Mil/ Season Total =$40.5 Mil
    Release 8) Sam Shield save $9 Mil
    9) Jame Starks save $3 Mil Total Save = $12 Mil

Release 10) Clay Mathews save $11.1 Mil or renegotiate to half his current salary.
    He makes $4.1 Mil if cut so $15.2 Mil/2 = $7.6 Mil per season
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-23-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Here is the offseason to do list: Resign 1) Nick Perry $10 Mil/ season
    2) Jared Cook $5 Mil/ season
    3) Micah Hyde $5 Mil/ season
    4) TJ Lang $8 Mil/ season
    5) Eddie Lacy $4.5 Mil/ season
    6) Joe Thomas $2 Mil/ Season
    7) JC Tretter $6 Mil/ Season Total =$40.5 Mil
    Release 8) Sam Shield save $9 Mil
    9) Jame Starks save $3 Mil Total Save = $12 Mil

Release 10) Clay Mathews save $11.1 Mil or renegotiate to half his current salary.
    He makes $4.1 Mil if cut so $15.2 Mil/2 = $7.6 Mil per season
    I think you're overvaluing a couple of those guys. Perry at 8.5, Cook at 3.5, Hyde at 3. Joe Thomas is not a FA.

I honestly dont even mind lacy anymore... he is much better than Ty having a good game every 4 games. If his weight and body is fine **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    I think you're overvaluing a couple of those guys. Perry at 8.5, Cook at 3.5, Hyde at 3. Joe Thomas is not a FA.
    I'm probably dreaming getting Perry back for $10 Mil, more likely $12 Mil/ season.

I can't agree on cook getting under 4 at all. Perry would be a great deal at 8.5. I don't see it.

Joe Thomas is an ERFA

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I honestly dont even mind lacy anymore... he is much better than Ty having a good game every 4 games. If his weight and body is fine **** it.
    I don't mind either of them.
    I would actually be more than fine with a healthy Lacy/Ty as our 1/2 punch out of the backfield. These guys need opportunities to be successful. Unfortunately we abandon the run game sometimes and these guys have little impact on certain games.

if Perry is looking for 10-12mil I would say good luck to him and his future endeavors, to me that's a little high... with his past, and considering the present, i would agree with D-cup, between 8 & 9mil is his value, right around the Pernell McPhee and Jerry Hughes deals... I think he'll initially want something like the Kerrigan deal, but Kerrigan hasn't missed a game and has been way more consistent throughout his career...

I also think Cook would fall right around 4mil per, right in the area of what Barnidge got...

This is what I think needs to be done…

Cut Shields, Starks, and Goodson…

Reload and upgrade a little…

I think you need to talk to Aaron Rodgers about a restructure or extension to free up some cap room… I think you need to look at Cobb to take a pay cut or consider letting him go for the extra cap space, Allison should come back pretty cheap as an exclusive right free agent… Clay is also in the same boat, he needs to make that contract a little more team friendly...

This should put us @ about $50mil and change in cap space

HAVE to resign Cook, Lang, Perry, and Tretter… then look at Lacy, Jones, Hyde, and maybe Peppers to take team friendly Ted priced deals or let them walk… I'd put the low tender on Thomas, and exercise the EFRA on Crockett...

You have to sign a top CB in free agency, if available… I’m sure some will get the franchise tag, but an AJ Bouye, Stephon Gilmore, or the one I want – Trumaine Johnson... From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like the Rams are letting Trumaine Johnson test free agency… that’s the guy we need.

I’d like to add Bennie Logan or Jonathan Hankins to the D line as well…
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 01-24-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I'm probably dreaming getting Perry back for $10 Mil, more likely $12 Mil/ season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I can't agree on cook getting under 4 at all. Perry would be a great deal at 8.5. I don't see it.

Joe Thomas is an ERFA
    I don't see Perry getting more than 10 at all - especially from Green Bay. I can see 8.5-10/yr. avg.

I feel like Perry at 8.5-9 is about what we are going to pay for him, based on what we have paid Peppers and where he fits with guys below.

Von = 20
    Houston = 16.3
    Clay = 13.2
    J. Collins = 12.5 (just signed last night)
    Kerrigan = 11.5
    Peppers = 8.6
    Mercilus = 6

Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones will get 14-16/yr each.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    if Perry is looking for 10-12mil I would say good luck to him and his future endeavors, to me that's a little high... with his past, and considering the present, i would agree with D-cup, between 8 & 9mil is his value, right around the Pernell McPhee and Jerry Hughes deals... I think he'll initially want something like the Kerrigan deal, but Kerrigan hasn't missed a game and has been way more consistent throughout his career...

I also think Cook would fall right around 4mil per, right in the area of what Barnidge got...

This is what I think needs to be done…

Cut Shields, Starks, and Goodson…

Reload and upgrade a little…

I think you need to talk to Aaron Rodgers about a restructure or extension to free up some cap room… I think you need to look at Cobb to take a pay cut or consider letting him go for the extra cap space, Allison should come back pretty cheap as an exclusive right free agent… Clay is also in the same boat, he needs to make that contract a little more team friendly...

This should put us @ about $50mil and change in cap space

HAVE to resign Cook, Lang, Perry, and Tretter… then look at Lacy, Jones, Hyde, and maybe Peppers to take team friendly Ted priced deals or let them walk… I'd put the low tender on Thomas, and exercise the EFRA on Crockett...

You have to sign a top CB in free agency, if available… I’m sure some will get the franchise tag, but an AJ Bouye, Stephon Gilmore, or the one I want – Trumaine Johnson... From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like the Rams are letting Trumaine Johnson test free agency… that’s the guy we need.

I’d like to add Bennie Logan or Jonathan Hankins to the D line as well…
    Pretty much agree with your thoughts on restructures and resigns. I think we'd be foolish to let Micah Hyde walk, the way he stepped up at the end of the season. I would have considered cutting Cobb, but he has too much guarenteed money, so cutting him wasn't worth it.

I'd love to add a good CB in free agency, but this is Green Bay and Ted Thompson, so don't hold your breath.
    Doesn't look like a strong draft for CB's either. Wouldn't mind a FA D Lineman, but I'd be completely thrilled with 1 decent FA signing and I pray that it be a CB.

I don't see Perry getting more than 10 at all - especially from Green Bay. I can see 8.5-10/yr. avg.

I feel like Perry at 8.5-9 is about what we are going to pay for him, based on what we have paid Peppers and where he fits with guys below.

Von = 20
    Houston = 16.3
    Clay = 13.2
    J. Collins = 12.5 (just signed last night)
    Kerrigan = 11.5
    Peppers = 8.6
    Mercilus = 6

Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones will get 14-16/yr each.
    Hey, I hope you're right. But I got tired of under-guessing every single contract years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast